Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free bet this weekend

Now are you lovely Pickers ready for the weekend ? are some of you starting to feel the pace?this is only the 4th week ,some are starting to become absent ,we have about 36 weeks to go , never let it be said that the citys Pink Un Pickers are unfit .I did warn you before the season started that we don''t want sofa softies in our squad. We are on a mission to win the Academy some money . So who wants to make the final selection this week? Its back to 6 this week , the cut off point fri midnight . Who wants to go in the hall of fame as the first winner?[Y] The first one to beat Dixmar Racing.arrdee.

Nap: Scotland to beat Lithuania at home.Alomst nap if we arn''t aloud internationals - Carlisle to beat Tranmere

Hereford V Macclesfield Home win.

Tentative selection from me Arrdee because I don''t really follow leagues one and two.

Good luck everyone [Y]

Oh dear Ray, I''m late cos I didn''t think we were doing it this week so I haven''t been paying attention.

Anyway, as I am on a run of three consecutive odds-on failures, I am going to saddle Aldershot with my nap this week, they should beat the hapless Northwich easily, hmmmmmm.

[quote user="7rew"]Nap: Scotland to beat Lithuania at home.

Alomst nap if we arn''t aloud internationals - Carlisle to beat Tranmere
[/quote]

Yep 7rew .Dixmar Racing will take any team we can throw at them ,from every league in Europe, internationals, whatever, in a effort for us to win money .Now i have to be careful as there are lots of  early kick offs , anyone know how i can find these out ? I need to know these in advance like today if its me thats making the final selections. I can find them out in tomorrows paper easy enough but that might be nick and tuck as i will be in the office most of the morning [Y] arrdee.  

www.oddschecker.comits where I get all the info I use for picking matches in strange leagues.

Here are the early kick-off times arrdee, from BBC SportCoca-Cola Football League OneLuton v Bristol Rovers, 12:00Southend v Gillingham, 13:00Walsall v Port Vale, 13:00Coca-Cola Football League TwoDag & Red v Barnet, 12:15Rotherham v Darlington, 13:00Aldershot is a 3 pm kick-off, and the internationals all kick off after 3 pm :
Belarus v Romania,

G,

17:00

Croatia v Estonia,

E,

19:30

England v Israel,

E,

17:00

Georgia v Ukraine,

B,

16:00

Holland v Bulgaria,

G,

Hungary v Bosnia-Herzegovina,

C,

15:00

Iceland v Spain,

F,

21:00

Italy v France,

B,

19:50

Latvia v Northern Ireland,

F,

17:15

Luxembourg v Slovenia,

G,

Malta v Turkey,

C,

18:30

Moldova v Norway,

C,

19:00

Portugal v Poland,

A,

21:00

Russia v FYR Macedonia,

E,

San Marino v Czech Republic,

D,

19:15

Scotland v Lithuania,

B,

15:00

Serbia v Finland,

A,

19:15

Slovakia v Rep of Ireland,

D,

Sweden v Denmark,

F,

Wales v Germany,

D,

Leeds to win at home to Hartlepool...Again, I''m mostly out of the loop as I''ve been so busy recently, so hope this is in time and I think I''ve chosen something of a home banker...Coming back to Norwich for a week tomorrow, so make sure I have something to celebrate upon my return! [:D]

Now "blah3" you are a lovely old boy ,one of the sweetest Pickers ever i am sure , thanks for the list of early kick offs , however you neglected to tell me of a early indeed an early early kick off like fri night .I took the selections with me this morning to the office i thought if i get a chance i will ring them through to Dixmar Racing .I must admit i felt a bit of  Pxxt when Billy Dixon said "Chesterfield Ches-ter-field they played yesterday Ray" i was dumbstruck after about 3mins of silence i managed to get out "how did they get on" needless to say they won . I was in trouble now my selection was going to be England but Jas had cancelled that out with his .I was racking my brain trying to think of the other one 7rew had selected . I was going as slow as i could dreading the 6th selection "we need 1 more Ray" I was going to ask him if he had a "nap"but thought better of it , the whole thing would have become ridiculous ,asking the bookmaker to make a selection for us and how could i have wrote it on the board ? say something like Newport----6-5----Dixmar Racing.When they are not even Posters never mind Pickers. I had a brainwave i had noticed that Stevenage had won away last week , a team i have picked in the past i tentatively said Stevenage ,i think i would died of shame if he said "they played fri night as well" but no he said "yep thats your 6th Ray" probably thinking thank goodness for that. Evil monkey i waited till midnight for the selections but yours was not there sorry about that ..

The selections are

Huddesfield-------------15-8---Norchance1

Scotland-----------------4-11---7rew

Hereford-----------------1-1-----Nutty Nigel

Aldershot-----------------8-13----G Jim

Germany------------------4-9------Ncfc1

Stevenage-----------------4-11----arrdee.

It will win the Academy £249-48p Good luck all ,oh by the way i don''t like to mention this but Stevenage play monday night .[;)] [Y] arrdee.

Arrdee, you tell me you are hopeless on the computer and yet your posts are easily the most entertaining on this board. My selection was rubbish this week. I did wonder about making one at all but I didn''t want to desert the pink un pickers. Maybe I should have just posted good luck to everyone else. This week is best forgotten, extra training for our boys during the week ready for next weeks assault on Dixmar [;)]

Come on England

Now "blah3" you sweet old thing you have nothing to feel sorry for , thinking about it is quite funny i suppose although i was embarrassed at the time i can see the funny side of it .Now "blah3"you lovely old boy  you didn''t do that on purpose did you? no no no of cause not only joking "blah" it was my fault for not looking what i was doing .Talented one thanks for those kind words ,believe me i am hopeless on the computor what you see is all i have got .I like to think of myself as a truthful person and not pretend to be something i am not . I can''t do those clever things that you do with links and things , i even saw Alf Garnett on one of your messages , all above my head i am afraid .To add to my woes i have this electronic mouse my son gave me he insists its a"must" it resembles a half grown tortoise i can hardly get my hand round it , if you leave it out of its holder for any length of time it won''t work and i have found if i am writing a message i must not put the tortoise back in its holder because the computor goes back to the message board  where the message goes to goodness only knows i have to start again but being a laid back person it dosen''t worry me .I tend to race through my messages ,race to post them always confident of my spelling then watch in horror as the mistake strewn page comes up .Ruth tells me to type with one finger i won''t make so many mistakes i don''t know about that i would be here forever . Someone asked if i use the spellchecker well he might just as well asked what time are you  going to the moon ,where on earth do you find that and how do you implement it ? Have to go now i am going to my granddaughters baptism this afternoon ,i am looking forward to that, lovely day for it , talk to you pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Now "blah3" you sweet old thing you have nothing to feel sorry for , thinking about it is quite funny i suppose although i was embarrassed at the time i can see the funny side of it .Now "blah3"you lovely old boy  you didn''t do that on purpose did you? no no no of cause not only joking "blah" it was my fault for not looking what i was doing .Talented one thanks for those kind words ,believe me i am hopeless on the computor what you see is all i have got .I like to think of myself as a truthful person and not pretend to be something i am not . I can''t do those clever things that you do with links and things , i even saw Alf Garnett on one of your messages , all above my head i am afraid .To add to my woes i have this electronic mouse my son gave me he insists its a"must" it resembles a half grown tortoise i can hardly get my hand round it , if you leave it out of its holder for any length of time it won''t work and i have found if i am writing a message i must not put the tortoise back in its holder because the computor goes back to the message board  where the message goes to goodness only knows i have to start again but being a laid back person it dosen''t worry me .I tend to race through my messages ,race to post them always confident of my spelling then watch in horror as the mistake strewn page comes up .Ruth tells me to type with one finger i won''t make so many mistakes i don''t know about that i would be here forever . Someone asked if i use the spellchecker well he might just as well asked what time are you  going to the moon ,where on earth do you find that and how do you implement it ? Have to go now i am going to my granddaughters baptism this afternoon ,i am looking forward to that, lovely day for it , talk to you pickers later .[Y] arrdee.[/quote]

Thanks to Nutty for finding this, in tandem with Blah x3 selections this week.

I think the one thing that comes out of this is, don''t we miss the wonderful Arrdee.

I was smiling all the way through this post. [*]

Yes we do Wazzy and every week when I do the Free Bet I remember all the good times Ray and I had and the funny things that happened. But there''s a mystery surrounding this thread. I found it first a couple of years ago when I first did the stats. It was only a small Free Bet Thread but at that time had over 6,000 views! Now it''s had over 9,000!! Ray and I could never understand why.