Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

Rochdale

I was at the game last night and whilst we were slow to start I was very proud of the boys taking the penalties very impressive. On a slightly sadder note though our car got broken into which was parked very close to the ground. I hope no other fans had any problems.  

I too thought that the penalties were taken well but was disappointed  we let the game get to that stage. After Dion went off i didnt see us win one header in their half and while we had a lot of the ball we were always in danger when they broke. Seemed to me the second half was lots of possession no end product

I''ve just surfaced after a long sleep after not getting back to Cold Mountain after the game until 4.30 this morning.  I always enjoy(?) reading the match thread on here after I have been at the game to see how many crazy statements about how people are performing are made by people not at the match. Why do people make judgements on the basis of Neil Adams or Teletext - by all means be exasperated, overjoyed, frustrated, or elated about the way the game is progressing but why comment on how individuals are playing and formations that you cannot see with your own eyes? (Rant over)

Did we play well? NO

Did Rochdale play well? YES

Did we deserve to win? YES

Was it an embarassing no-show of the type often experienced in the past few years? NO

Was it all the centre-backs fault? NO they were not helped by the midfield and left exposed on a number of occasions.

Is Murray rubbish? NO but he can and will need to play much better than he has in the first two games I have seen him in.  I am gobsmacked by the number of people condemning him who have not seen him play once. For those who say he should not have played I say that he needs games and that Rochdale away is not a bad game to give him.

This was my second visit to Spotland and a good time was had except for getting stuck in a queue on the M6! 

August 64

Very interested in your views and you are quite right people who did not go to the game seem to know how everyone played, quite clever that. I didn''t go and have no idea what it was like but the reported consensus was that we were certainly poor for long periods.  Can I just raise 2 points, firstly it appears that Murray was ill, therefore if Grant knew (though he may not have done as Murray may have kept quiet about it) why did he play. Secondly I am a little confused ,you say we did not play well and Rochdale did but that we deserved to win, don''t follow that I''m afraid. If they were better surely they deserved to win, we may have had more cool and professionalism when it comes to penalties but we would all have hoped it would not have reached that stage. I do take comfort from the fact that it was certainly not one of their (recent past we hope) ''no shows''. Anyway very impressed that you took considerable time and no doubt expense to go all that way especially midweek and thanks for the post.

hi i have just got back,stayed overnight. and yes we were lucky,but its nice to be lucky for once.and just look how many other clubs came unstuck last night. i thought brellier had his best game yet,and came close to scoring two wonder goals,hucks was brill and lappin /russell worked there socks off. marshall kept us in the game(and won it). in the first half we looked poor,but grant changed that at halftime.switching russel back to centre mid and lappin at left back,with chadders playing central.and then we looked qaulity and had them pinned back.only in extra time did rochdale find a second wind and give it a real go. so lucky yes.but happy we won a shoot out,and a keeper who saves pens!

And that was the saving grace. Rochdale playing well was not quite good enough to finish the chances they created. Had they had someone to latch onto the end of crosses we would have been well beaten. Really got the impression we could have played till midnight and still not scored in open play. Please god we see an improvement against cardiff.