Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Who's are coach?

Since Martin left to go to watford we have not replaced him with anyone and not heard of any replacement coaches coming in. Maybe no-one has applied for the job. My suggestion make Dion dublin player coach and maybe one day take over the managers job!

I am greatly concerned that we do not have a coach yet. It must be very difficult to recruit as all other sides are only just kicking off their campaigns but I wonder if an experienced coach could get a bit more out of the fringe players. Are some of our current injuries down to the fact that a coach is not there as part of the set-up?

Perhaps someone more experienced in coaching could inform me of a coaches job description/role and what he brings to the table.

I think Grant and Duffy are sharing the coaching at the moment. Nothing wrong with that! Just wish they were better at it though!!

i  think that this would be a great idea as dion has got the respect of all the city players and when we was at the game we played southampton he was backing out orders to the defence when granty and duffy was in the dugout.

For all of Dion''s qualities I would not like to see him as coach, yet.  I would rather we got someone with more experience and Dion as understudy (if he wanted to be of course).

I think our lack of a coach is hurting us as much as injuries and lack of quality in some areas, on the pitch so far this season.  

Web Team, any chance of fishing for some info on the coaching role, if the club are looking for a coach or happy to continue as they currently are, etc?

thanks

From 12 days ago...http://new.pinkun.com/search/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&itemid=NOED17%20Aug%202007%2008:20:17:167&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=search

Grant insists a new coach will be appointed, when he finds the tight (sic) man to complement his and assistant manager Jim Duffy''s approach.“I

have spoken to a few people, it is just a matter of making sure I cover

every aspect of it,” he said. “There will definitely be somebody coming

in. There are pros and cons for everybody, some are very good at

certain things, but we want somebody who has got all their licences and

shown a willingness to do that.“But also I am sometimes a moany

faced type, so I have to have someone who is going to be a wee bit

lighter. I have to make sure that the balance is right. It is not just

the football side you have to take into context, it is everything.”

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I think Grant and Duffy are sharing the coaching at the moment. Nothing wrong with that! Just wish they were better at it though!!

[/quote]

Yes, but what happens if one of them gets injured??