Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

dissapointing transfer window

for me although we have bought in quite  afew players i dont realy think any thing has changed from last season we will still be relying on cureton to score all are goals aas we did with earnie and an ageing huchs to create everything .the thing that angers me most is th way grant dosent seem to make any effort to get in the top centre backs needed for us to get promotion we have now let sodje and mills slip away again to more ambitious clubs .all though they were consistant earnie etuhu and safri were top quality in this league and would scare th opposition and as for are replacements russel seems to be a more accomplished version of hughes brellier looks very unfit and seems to make more fouls than he does tackles and murray all hough has not had much of a chance dosent really excite me .

where is the pace up front cureton dose not get involved a lot strihavka looks goodbut looks like he will take time to settle in and chris brown just dosent score .

im just praying granty can pull something off today but even that soundds unlikely with him now opting for short term loans after the window ends dosent the fact that we are now scraping together a first eleven for tommorow worry grannt get some quality in opposed to looking in the the loan market.

You have to spend money to get anywhere now days we rely to much on frees and other teams bench warmers ,you get what you pay for !

Nothing has changed huh?  Ok if you say so, do you actually go to games?  One thing I have noticed is that if city go a goal down they no longer hang their heads, they fight on, and that for me is just one positive, among many.

As for relying on JC to score goals I do believe Dion and others have scored too, so you see other oprtions are there if only you would open your mind a bit. Yes Earnie was good, but he scored a lot from penalties did he not?  And not straight forward goal shots like JC, another positive.  Slate JC all you like but his blood is and always has been Yella and green, he is proud to wear the NCFC shirt and it shows.

With regard to Peter Grant, give the guy a chance, he has a squad, many of which have never played together fully for a few months let alone a season.  So would you sooner have Worthington back with his bad decisions on and off pitch, his constant spouting rubbish when the players played badly like ''you cant fault the work ethic and commitment''.  Ok so Peter Grant maybe needs to learn to be a bit more tactful in his criticisms of players, however I would sooner he came out and said you played rubbish and need improvements, than they played well and us knowing full well they were dire.  As for letting players slip away, well maybe he did, but have you thought why?  Like cant afford the wages they demand, or they must be guaranteed first place football all the time, lots behind the scenes we will never know about and will never know about unless PG chooses to tell us.

Would you rather PG rushed out and bought any old player, just because the TW is near closing?  Or wait and get the right player with the right contract deal?  I know which I would choose.

Earnshaw was good, but hand on heart when he was injured did we really miss him?  Etuhu was a confidence player, if his confidence was good he played mediocre at best, half the time I didnt know he was on the pitch.  When his new team are on TV how often have you heard his name mentioned let alone seen him doing anything on the pitch?

Cureton does not get involved in much has to be the most laughable statement I have read on here in a long time, so he hasnt scored goals then?  Nor ran into position to get such goals no?

Come on people, there are positives this season so far, and its very early days, and they far outweigh the negatives.