Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Trust me, We WON'T get promoted THIS season

I''m all for giving it a chance as far as the manager and new players are concerned. And am hopeful of an improvement in over all play and league position. But for anybody to post that we are certain of promotion is utterly mad and should be treated so. It smacks of attention seeking to me.

I see nothing to say we will reach the play off let alone get out right promotion. In fact I will goes as far as to say I am convinced there are 8 to 10 teams better, more organized are stronger and have teams of a higher standard than us. An attempt to finish around that area 8th to 10th will be a good effort for me and a sign of improvement.

Oh and hey If my statement is wrong you can re-post it and rub my face in it all you like. I’ll be over the moon.

For me automatic promotion was never a likely prospect considering where we were last season, the changes in personnel over the summer needing time to gel, and the strength of three or four other sides.  I think results so far demonstrate an overall improvement on last season; performances at times however show how much there still is to do.  So far I am pretty happy we seem to be going in the right direction and am happy to reserve detailed opinion until 10 games.

All I was expecting for this season was a bit more bottle and a realistic flirt with the playoffs - while my heart said we would end up in the fray my head said (like you) 8th to 10th place was the likely outcome. 

Like you say though, would be nice to be proved wrong.

if i was norwich fan i would take top half maybe a playoff scrap

and look to reach at least the playoffs next season

also if this is transistion year then use youngsters to gain experience

I believe that we are of a group of about 12 clubs from which 2 will put a good run together and go up, along with 1 obvious Charltonesque team. so by that, i reckon we''ll be up in the next 5 years. Remember only 3 teams go up, and there are a lot of strong teams in this league including us.

i hope your statement is wrong, i think if brellier is playing well in a few games, and the defence buckle up, and cureton gets 3 or 4 chances a game we can win lots and then be up there

I''m mad as a March hare me, so I''m going to say this thread is wrong and utterly inaccurate. Of couse we will be promoted this season.

And yes, I awill recall this thread next April, and yes, I will rub the author''s nose in the brown stuff.............for months!.[;)]

Not a hope im afraid , one of the weakest defences in the division , no creativity in the middle and nothing out of the ordinary up front , would love to be proved wrong but to me Grants side is woeful . Top half if we are lucky or if we sign Riordan a centre half and a creative midfielder today , and thats not going to happen is it .

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I''m all for giving it a chance as far as the manager and new players are concerned. And am hopeful of an improvement in over all play and league position. But for anybody to post that we are certain of promotion is utterly mad and should be treated so. It smacks of attention seeking to me.

I see nothing to say we will reach the play off let alone get out right promotion. In fact I will goes as far as to say I am convinced there are 8 to 10 teams better, more organized are stronger and have teams of a higher standard than us. An attempt to finish around that area 8th to 10th will be a good effort for me and a sign of improvement.

Oh and hey If my statement is wrong you can re-post it and rub my face in it all you like. I’ll be over the moon.

[/quote]

On the evidence so far this season, Hardhouse44, I have to agree.

We can all dream of Premiership football but it''ll take a minor miracle for us to make the top six this term and even top ten looks a long shot at present. We just don''t look like a cohesive unit at all, perhaps Preston excepted and the first 30 minutes against Barnet and last 25 against Southampton,and Peter Grant''s new acquisitions will have to gell quickly if we''re not to be left trailing in the League table.

Like you I''ll be delighted to eat some humble pie......

[quote user="ncfc1"]

Not a hope im afraid , one of the weakest defences in the division

[/quote]

Take a look at the Championship table. There are several teams with considerably worse defensive records than us.

Which means...........you just made that up!