Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

Peter, Play some bloomin youngsters before i lose my rag!!

What goes on at Carrow Road?  I have to say ive been very pro Granty, but im starting to believe the bloke doesnt have a clue!  playing sick players and people with knocks when youngsters could have played.  Why not drop Lappin left back the other night and play chadwick on the left, or for that matter, what about young Robert Eagle/Bally Smart/Spillane etc.  Players need first team experience and what better way to show what you can do. Look at Martin last year, was given a game, and scored, the more minutes the better, i mean spillane looked ok pre season, eagle looked very good abeit needing a bit more strength...but...hes naturally left footed and gets balls in the box which at the mo we are not doing, and persoanally Brown does sh*t all when the balls on the ground, so makes no sense to me, croft looks ok this year but Bally Smart who is slightly more used to playing teams of that callibre may give them the edge and competitivness to get involved and no take the lapsed attitiude of our other 11 first teamers!

Com on Mr Eagle, keep up the good work son!

i like Eagle and with Drury and possibly hucks out for a while why not have Lappin Left back and give Eagle a chance on the Left...

jas :)

I''m not writing him off totally, but I haven''t been overly impressed with Eagle - Martin''s mostly being excluded has certainly knocked his confidence though, and Spillane''s absense from the first 16 is quite astounding considering the dodgy form of both Doherty & Shackell - and fielding Murray when he''d only just got here, especially as he was supposedly ill for the Rochdale game, is mind-boggling.

Also - Huckerby going the full distance against Rochdale was stupidity personified on behalf of Grant, when the obvious choice to make was to field Lappin at left-back & Chadwick left-wing with Huckerby on the bench.

Most managers would''ve fielded a half of dozen youth against Rochdale and rested the ill and the part injured - had Grant have done so, we''d probably have won the tie in normal time and had a much stronger to team to play against Cardiff Saturday.

I think that Grant is a tool.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i like Eagle and with Drury and possibly hucks out for a while why not have Lappin Left back and give Eagle a chance on the Left...

jas :)

[/quote]

Yes, Lappin at left-back, but while Huckerby is out Chadwick should always start in his place.

Smart should be given a run on the right instead of Croft before Eagle plays on the left.

Eagle hasnt impressed me so far, Martin looked good up front - but seems to be a left winger in the eyes of thicko Grunt.  Spillane just can''t be up to the job yet in the managements eyes as 6 starts and 4 subs in the last two seasons suggests.  He is still only 18 however.

I have to agree. i like Grant and think he will be a good manager but tuesday night he let himself down. If Hucks is now doubtful because he played so long on Tuesday then that is ridiculous and his decision to play Murray (who was so ill he was segregated from the other players at the team hotel) was even more stupid.

Spillane was on the bench and it would have been an ideal opportunity to see what he could do at CB.

I agree. Peter, play a youngster or two when you have injuries to regulars

That''s why we have a squad.

If they''re good enough they''re old enough.

You never know who will take their chance. It''s a funny old game.

OTBC

I cant really understand what people see in Eagle, yeh hes young but what does he offer the team? he runs slower than my grandad, he gives the ball away alot.Ok he got a decent cross, but is that all it takes to be a profesional footballer these days? maybe im being a touch harsh on the lad but at the age of 20 (21 - not sure?) he should be a more advanced player than the rest of the youth batch, i.e martin, spillane, and he simply isn''t.. thoughts?

I agree - Eagle is OK but I''ve seen him at reserve and when he has come into the first team and his lack of pace is frightening.  If he could cross the ball half as well as Beckham then it would be ok but even Beckham has more pace at 32 than he does.  And to be honest, Eagle''s crossing ain''t all that - definitely not from open play anyway.

I like Grant but I can''t understand why he isn''t giving some of the younger players a chance when his first choice aren''t fit.  Players like Spillane, Martin and the Jarvis brothers deserve at least a go in the league cup.  If he feels they can''t compete againt Rochdale then he wasn''t watching them against Luton the other week.

I''m a little worried to be honest.

Grant probably didn''t play any youngsters because he knew that if he risked it and we lost everyone would be slating him on here! Having said that it seems a shame not to give them a run out against a team like Rochdale, especially when he''s been moaning about the reserves league this season.