Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Team and Result for Cardiff

Are we doing another one of lying and saying players cant play then playing them?

So far out injured looks like:

Shackell, Murray, Drury, Dave, Dion and maybe Hucks.

Therefore:

Marshall

Semmy - Spillane - Doherty - Lappin

Crofty - Rusty - Chadwick - Hucks(if fit or Eagle)

Cureton - Brown (though I would like to see Martin)

What does anyone else think?  I would love to drop the Doh but I cant see how we can without moving Semmy inside, which would give Cave-Brown, Spillane, Semmy, Lappin.  Which is a young and very inexperienced back for against two old expereicned forwards.

0-0 or 3-0 cardiff either be tight or theyll give you good hammering, just the way cardiff are the last few years

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]On the flipside, it could be a great opportunity for Spillane to finally come of age and show us and Grant what he can do.[/quote]

I agree completely, I pray he plays and has a blinder!!  Then when Shax returns - no more Doh.

[quote user="gissing canary"]

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]On the flipside, it could be a great opportunity for Spillane to finally come of age and show us and Grant what he can do.[/quote]

I agree completely, I pray he plays and has a blinder!!  Then when Shax returns - no more Doh.

[/quote]

I really don''t understand why people have a go at Dochety and think the sun shines ot of Shackels derierre. Both have looked shaky at times this season, but they have not always been helped by what they find in front of them.

Agreed Marty, neither have looked good, but I feel Shax has the ability to get better, Doh seems to go backward now and then.  And for both of them if Spillane has a good game, it can only be good.

DD should be fit and we need his experience against Fowler and JFH (neither of which have pace). I''d like to see Brellier playing the holding role to protect the back 4 allowing Chadwick and Russell to get forward. With Croft and Hucks stretching  the play on both wings and JC doing what he does best in the box. Cardiff seem to have a few injury problems themselves so I think if the team below is fit and can stay the 90 then we''ll come home 2 -1 winners! 

MarshallSemmy          Dublin           Doherty            Lappin            Chadwick          Brellier          Russell                     Croft        JC         Hucks

GilksBrownMartinSpillaneEagle

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="gissing canary"]

[/quote]

I really don''t understand why people have a go at Dochety and think the sun shines ot of Shackels derierre. Both have looked shaky at times this season, but they have not always been helped by what they find in front of them.

[/quote] Agreed, the only member of our current defence I''m happy about is Semmy (Who is my new favourite player) Drury, Doc and Shacks are all below standard in my opinion. I don''t think Doherty is any worse than the other two but gets singled out because he''s not Drury who was amazing three years ago or Shackell who came through our youth team. They''re all below standard and when you use all three it makes the defence absolutely terrible as a combination of them. If any single one of them were played with two other solid defenders it wouldn''t be a problem really but unfortunately the people covering for the poor defenders are... poor defenders.

Marshall   

Otsemobor   Spillane    Doc     Lappin 

Croft   Russell   Brellier   Chadwick

Cureton   Brown

Subs: Gilks, Murray, Eagle, Huckerby, Martin

2 v 1 to us with Chadwick and Brown to score

Marty wrote

Like two cheeks of the same derriere hey Marty?

dion not injured is he? on BBC it says he will fill in for the injured shacksso team will bemarshallsemmy   dublin   spillane   lappincroft    russell   brellier   huckerbycureton    martincureton will get 2 and russel will get 1 cardiff will get 2so 3-2