Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

We can all dream!

With Arsenal now being taken over by a Russian billionaire, just like chelsea, it just makes you wonder which club will be next.  Every few weeks you hear about a new club being taken over by a billionaire buinessman. When is our turn going to come?  Anyone know any russian billionaires? LOL.

[quote user="topoftheleague"]With Arsenal now being taken over by a Russian billionaire, just like chelsea, it just makes you wonder which club will be next.  Every few weeks you hear about a new club being taken over by a billionaire buinessman. When is our turn going to come?  Anyone know any russian billionaires? LOL.[/quote]

We can all dream they leave us well alone.

ob1-Are you saying you wouldn''t accept glory if we bought it with Russian money? You must be mad, I''ve got no pride when it comes to winning!

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="topoftheleague"]With Arsenal now being taken over by a Russian billionaire, just like chelsea, it just makes you wonder which club will be next.  Every few weeks you hear about a new club being taken over by a billionaire buinessman. When is our turn going to come?  Anyone know any russian billionaires? LOL.[/quote]

[/quote]

Why??  Another case of backwards norfolk folk getting left behind.  As long as the investors were sound I would welcome them onboard in an instant.

I use to like the billonaire scenario, but after due though and consideration, I think I''ll stick with our Darling Delia, her money is clean and she cares about us...........these foreign billionaire types don''t.

And she cooks better than them!.

No, she''ll do for me.[:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

Why??  Another case of backwards norfolk folk getting left behind.  As long as the investors were sound I would welcome them onboard in an instant.

[/quote]

Another case of sweeping generalisations about us Norfolk folk.

Maybe ob1 has genuine concerns about the way the English game is going and has the guts to point this out rather than wanting us to follow what every other club is doing?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norfolk folk ain''t backward CJF!I can take the insults but there''s plenty on here with very thin skins.

Norwich 2 Southampton 1 is all you need to know about Norfdolk Folk!

why is it a good thing to be bought out by a foriegn investor i for one wouldnt be against a invester buying the club aslong as they do the right thing by th club and that the deal is above boardhow many of these russian billionaires hav made there fortunes through dishonest dealings, look at the owner of man city has a string of human rights breaches against him as long as ure arm, not really the type of owner we want to be associated, also its not always a good thing, and y is it only english clubs, if these business men wanted a return why arent they buying up clubs like juventus, barcelona, ac milan, and how long is it gonna be before the bubble bursts and they all decide to stop and pull out thus leaving the clubs havily in debt with no possible way of survivng, thus our beatiful game becomes no more, and yes money can buy success but at what cost, your ticket prices go up, your season ticket prices soar to meet the cost of buying the new players and fund there huge wages, merchandise prices go up so the average person can no longer afford to go or supprot there team, all risks that will eventually fall through,wen the clubs realise that there clubs arent as profitabvle as they thought

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another case of sweeping generalisations about us Norfolk folk.

Maybe ob1 has genuine concerns about the way the English game is going and has the guts to point this out rather than wanting us to follow what every other club is doing?

[/quote]

Contary to what you may think im no fan of foriegn money men coming to our club and would much rather a local with pasion invest but unfortantly thats not the way things are done now. My point is that NCFC deserves better and the sell out games suggest the current board cant hold there heads above the water with the shambles that is being played on the pitch season after season. I want our city to be a Prem club and its not happening. Its all good and well being a cuddly club where the owner sits with the fans and sings the songs ect ect but whats the point if your watching crap teams beat us in league 2?

I''m with Ob1 on this one - I love my club how it is and would hate to see success bought for a couple of years with the heart and soul ripped out of the club.  Bring on Cardiff.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norfolk folk ain''t backward CJF! I can take the insults but there''s plenty on here with very thin skins.

Norwich 2 Southampton 1 is all you need to know about Norfdolk Folk!

[/quote]

hahaha!  Well done mate - you are a special one! 

From what I have seen our Boardroom was filled with Backwards folk. (plus a bit of an appalling religion involved too)

"Backwards"?If you mean that a "backwards" person would value morals and principles over buying success and chasing the dollar, then I for one think that is something to be proud of.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

hahaha!  Well done mate - you are a special one! 

From what I have seen our Boardroom was filled with Backwards folk. (plus a bit of an appalling religion involved too)

[/quote]

Could it be your worst nightmare [S] [mo] that when your girl [&] takes you home to meet dad [D] [C] you find out he is a Roman Catholic Policeman and Norfolk born and bred [:''(]