Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Dissapointment

I am very dissapointed that we didnt sign a central defender because look where we are now.  We are going into a game against Cardiff with our best defender (Shackell) most probably out.  So that means Spillane probably will partner Doherty at the back.  You might be thinking thats not too bad it will give Spillane a chance to show Grant what he can do but, Cardiff have just signed Robbie Fowler and Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink (I dont know if Hasslebaink is going to play though.).  So that means we are going to have a very inexperienced back four against 2 very experienced centre forwards.  So I am very worried of  what Cardiff might do to us.

I think we probably need to sign a centre midfielder on loan because the only have Russel availible so that means we will probably have to play Chadwick next to him and I dont think Chadwick has got enough strength to play in the middle of the park.

I am being optimistic though and I think we will win 2-0 with goals coming from Cureton and Brown.

I think this will be the team:

Marshall

Semmy                 Spillane                   Doherty            Lappin

Croft                     Rusty                     Chaddie            Hux (or if he dosn''t play Eagle)

Cureton                     Brown                             

All I know is, Fowler and Hasslebank will be in the squad...one is guarenteed to start. I can''t see them powering balls in the air, I tihnk our full backs will have to do a good job to stop low crosses...

[quote user="San Miguel"]Dublin will replace Shack at the back, so Cardiff better not be quick![/quote]

They wont be that quick with the likes of Hasselbaink, Fowler picking up their pensions. Unfortunately, they may well be a bit  too sharp and skillful however for the likes of Gary Donkerty.

[quote user="San Miguel"]Dublin will replace Shack at the back, so Cardiff better not be quick![/quote]

If they have Hasselbaink and Fowler up front it might well be experience and intelligence we have to contend with more than outright pace.  In that case I hope Grant pulls an iron out of the fire this evening or else Dion is patched up and ready to go!

[quote user="Peter Grant s Tartan Army"]

They wont be that quick with the likes of Hasselbaink, Fowler picking up their pensions. Unfortunately, they may well be a bit  too sharp and skillful however for the likes of Gary Donkerty.[/quote]

You are spot on there as we all saw what Windass and Barmby did against Doherty in the Hull game.

[quote user="silver fox"]

You are spot on there as we all saw what Windass and Barmby did against Doherty in the Hull game.[/quote]

I must have missed that, what did they do against him Silver fox?