Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Trust me, we WILL be promoted THIS year!.

There, I''ve gone and said it.

Evidence wiz?.

None, other than my faith in the team, my balls (crystal) and a spooky feeling about Peter Grant. Lets be honest here, there have been games that we could have lost this new season, okay, all of them to be blunt! but we bloody well didn''t!.

And all this achieved with a battered, injury riddled squad, and yet we still have done okay. We have Smith, Fozzy and Hucks to come back soon, Hucks is almost there. Add any new guys to the mix, probably loanees, and suddenly the world looks more rosy.

Oh yes, we''re going up we are.............and it''ll be fun. [:D]

For some reason, there does seem to be something about Grant that fills me with some confidence. WE STILL NEED loanee''s in, namely CB.

[quote user="hogesar"]For some reason, there does seem to be something about Grant that fills me with some confidence. WE STILL NEED loanee''s in, namely CB.[/quote]

Please tell me what it is, then maybe i could share your confidence.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="hogesar"]For some reason, there does seem to be something about Grant that fills me with some confidence. WE STILL NEED loanee''s in, namely CB.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it''s his passion tbh.

His tactical decisions arent IDEAL =]

But i strongly believe you dont even NEED well planned tactics for this division. A consistently good back four, and strike force, with a slightly above average midfield again with consistency can easily go far in this league. Look at reading for an example =]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

There, I''ve gone and said it.

Evidence wiz?.

None, other than my faith in the team, my balls (crystal) and a spooky feeling about Peter Grant. Lets be honest here, there have been games that we could have lost this new season, okay, all of them to be blunt! but we bloody well didn''t!.

And all this achieved with a battered, injury riddled squad, and yet we still have done okay. We have Smith, Fozzy and Hucks to come back soon, Hucks is almost there. Add any new guys to the mix, probably loanees, and suddenly the world looks more rosy.

Oh yes, we''re going up we are.............and it''ll be fun. [:D]

[/quote]

Blimey, Wiz! What a painstaking effort that must''ve been to type all that with your nose...........

What with the straightjacket and all.

[;)]

This isn''t meant as an I''m a better fan post, and I was and still remain an optimist for this season. However, at the Hull game, and I''m sure others will back me up, we were dire. Dublin''s goal, although an excellent finish, came completely out of the blue. We didn''t look like scoring all game, and by the time we began to attempt to attack, it was injury time, and the game was already lost. As Rudolph stated on another post, I don''t believe that it is necesarily the defence that needs strengthening, but a total overhaul of our tactics. Long ball returned, and it inevitably ended up with our defence on the back foot for nearly the entire game.

I remain optimistic, I believe Grant can get it right, but a dramatic improvement will be needed on Saturday. Let''s hope we get it.

OTBC

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

But i strongly believe you dont even NEED well planned tactics for this division. A consistently good back four, and strike force, with a slightly above average midfield again with consistency can easily go far in this league. Look at reading for an example =]

[/quote]

I .look at Reading and see an exceptional manager.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I .look at Reading and see an exceptional manager.

[/quote]

And i believe Grant has the potential to be.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Ricky:

For me its just an ''aura'' which screams ''winner'' whenever I see Peter Grant. Not much evidence for you I know, but Duffy has it too.

Think of the Undertaker without Paul Bearer (my hero''s) and you might get my drift.

OTBC.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Ricky:

For me its just an ''aura'' which screams ''winner'' whenever I see Peter Grant. Not much evidence for you I know, but Duffy has it too.

Think of the Undertaker without Paul Bearer (my hero''s) and you might get my drift.

[/quote]
Wiz you lovely old boy .I didn''t know you held us Undertakers as hero''s .Thanks for the plug , will do you a nice cut price one when you are ready .All solid wood , no chipboard ,lovely brass handles .I know its a long way from us to where you are but i can get my hands on some red diesel ,i don''t suppose you would be in any condition to mind anyhow if it was tractor fuel taken you on your last journey . Have you thought of cremation ? I can give you a good deal on that up to 20% off . We would of course use ply in the making of the coffin ,always remember we have a ton of ashes at anyone time so your widow would not go without .This is your lucky day because i can give another 5% off as you are a Pink Un Poster and indeed if you were a Pink Un Picker a thumping 10% off as well .I am so glad that you have started to think about these thing and have started to make plans , we are an old establish firm that has been going from the late 30s under my father , if you want more details or want to talk more about you internment we are in the yellow pages .[;)] arrdee.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Ricky:

[/quote]

Passion-YES YES YES.

Tactical nous- Big question marks remain

Promotion under PG this season-Not a hope in hell any season until the powers that be are rid of.

Arthur Whittle wrote

Promotion under PG this season-Not a hope in hell any season until the powers that be are rid of.

I thought it was PG and co who took the training worked on the tactics and picked the team - so if we do badly why are the ''powers that be'' at fault ??

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Arthur Whittle wrote

I thought it was PG and co who took the training worked on the tactics and picked the team - so if we do badly why are the ''powers that be'' at fault ??

[/quote]

Have you heard the saying Bigger Picture?  This is old ground but who gives the manager limited funds ? Who decides on who the manager should be? Who sanctions the Wage budget/limits thus having a barring on the quality of players? How many other examples do you need? Who has succeeded in dumbing down Norwich fans expectations by labelling the club ''LITTLE OLE NORWICH'' even though we sell more season tickets than all of the championship clubs and half the prem? Where have we gone in the last few years under BIG D and co? Get my drift....?

Arrdee:

Nice once and bloody hilarious. [:D]

Unfortunartely (for you) I''m do for my interment in the Holy lands...............sorry.

Unless you do long distance!.[;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Have you heard the saying Bigger Picture?  This is old ground but who gives the manager limited funds ? Who decides on who the manager should be? Who sanctions the Wage budget/limits thus having a barring on the quality of players? How many other examples do you need? Who has succeeded in dumbing down Norwich fans expectations by labelling the club ''LITTLE OLE NORWICH'' even though we sell more season tickets than all of the championship clubs and half the prem? Where have we gone in the last few years under BIG D and co? Get my drift....?

[/quote]

In the "last few years" BIG D (?) and co have taken us into The Premiership, unless I was dreaming.

As you''re so fond of looking at the "bigger picture".

P.S. They haven''t dumbed down my expectations. The phrase "little old Norwich" or whatever hasn''t been used since we beat Man Utd. The only dumbing down being done is by the people who keep bringing it up to further their own little agenda.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

In the "last few years" BIG D (?) and co have taken us into The Premiership, unless I was dreaming.

As you''re so fond of looking at the "bigger picture".

P.S. They haven''t dumbed down my expectations. The phrase "little old Norwich" or whatever hasn''t been used since we beat Man Utd. The only dumbing down being done is by the people who keep bringing it up to further their own little agenda.

[/quote]

Yep and straight back down again and we''ve hardly invested the parachute payments to the degree that would of taken us back. If and its a big IF the spin merchants came out one season and suggested that before ticket sales [remember we have maybe the biggest in the league] we would still have to sell and there was no money available i think it would be somewhat more palatable. Imo attendences compared to league position suggests that the lack of ambition has seaped into the majority of supporters. why is that? well i believe a compination of Delia and co bailing us out when we needed it and the odd glimpse of prem football every 5-6years, but if we brush that aside the figures are somewhat depressing in relation to the fans loyalty. Would a manager get this long at the club? No.,so why cant we actively try to promote new investment into what is a far bigger club than the likes of QPR,Portsmouth,Fulham,Wigan,Boro..ect ect. Looking back at one or two threads people are pleased we''ve progressed to the 3rd round of the carling cup arfter beating the mighty Rochdale on pens,! Dont get me wrong mate,im pleased but.......!!

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wiz you lovely old boy .I didn''t know you held us Undertakers as hero''s ..[/quote]

he wasn''t talking about Undertakers.... if i''m correct he was talking about the Professional wrestler the Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer

and i think we have a good shot at promotion.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Aardee. You haven''t had any enquiries about two missing persons called smudger and cluck have you ?

[/quote]

"lappinitup" you lovely old boy .Thats funny you should say that we have disposed of a couple of unnamed males recently , i wonder.[;)][:D] .arrdee.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Arrdee:

Nice once and bloody hilarious. [:D]

Unfortunartely (for you) I''m do for my interment in the Holy lands...............sorry.

Unless you do long distance!.[;)]

[/quote]

Gee Wiz you lovely old boy ,won''t be able to do the Holly lands , but i thought if your last journey was made under tractor fuel it would be like two fingers up to your neighbours the tractor boys.[:D] . arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Aardee. You haven''t had any enquiries about two missing persons called smudger and cluck have you ?

[/quote]

"lappinitup" you lovely old boy .Thats funny you should say that we have disposed of a couple of unnamed males recently , i wonder.[;)][:D] .arrdee.

[/quote]

If they had blue shirts on with three stars on them aardee, I reckon it was them. Just hope you didn''t use oak, cardboard would have done for those two villains  [:D]

Better still, you could have given them to lobster catcher for bait LOL.