Sign in to follow this  
ca

Injury Woe

Who else thinks that we pile it on a bit thick about our injury crisis? Last time I worried about having loads of first team players missing the majority all magically appeared on the Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how many of the 8 players named yesterday in the EEN are missing for the Cardiff game (other than Smith & Fozzy who are long term))

Or am I being cynical?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Who else thinks that we pile it on a bit thick about our injury crisis? Last time I worried about having loads of first team players missing the majority all magically appeared on the Saturday.

Will be interesting to see how many of the 8 players named yesterday in the EEN are missing for the Cardiff game (other than Smith & Fozzy who are long term))

Or am I being cynical?

[/quote]

Gets a bit tiresome. Im sick of hearing "oh Hucks is still injured and Fozzy and Smith are out" excuse. Fozzy was never a regular, Smith we know nothing about yet and Huckerby-are we a 1 man team?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Gets a bit tiresome. Im sick of hearing "oh Hucks is still injured and Fozzy and Smith are out" excuse. Fozzy was never a regular, Smith we know nothing about yet and Huckerby-are we a 1 man team?

[/quote]wat would u rather here that there injured or  that hucks has gone to another cluband i believe that if he hadnt got injured fozzy wouldve been a regular this season

[quote user="cityangel"]

Or am I being cynical?

[/quote]No you''re not CA, or if you are it''s justified. It happens every time (in the media more than anything) - we hear all about a crippling injury list which reduces by at least half come match day...[:@]

any club with ambitions of promotion should have a squad to cope..I don''t think our injuries are that bad, but one injury to a centre back and we were always going to be struggling, if Hucks gets injured we struggle because we have no creative midfielders to cover, these are all the makings of a midtable team.

I don''t think it makes any difference to me what is said off the pitch - if you find it tiresome, don''t read it - all that matters to me is what happens at 3.00 pm tomorrow!  

But i do read it McD because i read the pinkun and want to know what''s going on - and then it depresses me! [:(]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Or am I being cynical?

[/quote]

Don''t worry too much,CA, all clubs do it........

Any manager worth his salt is going to be a bit savvy in the injury department. That way if we get turned over by Cardiff tomorrow then Peter Grant will cite injuries as a big factor, even if the players concerned do actually turn out, i.e., " Player A was up all night being sick but didn''t want to let the boys down, Player B was limping throughout even with the ice packs we strapped on his groin before kick-off and at half time, Player C only left A & E late on Friday night,etc, etc, ".

But should we win then it''ll be, " Players A and B don''t know when they''re beat, hearts as big as a house those boys and what can I say about Player C....when he went to the hospital I thought  they were going to take him straight into intensive care, etc, etc, "

Let''s hope we win then........

[quote user="a1canary"]    [quote user="cityangel"]

Or am I being cynical?

[/quote]

No you''re not CA, or if you are it''s justified. It happens every time (in the media more than anything) - we hear all about a crippling injury list which reduces by at least half come match day...[:@]
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking [:D]

[quote user="a1canary"]
But i do read it McD because i read the pinkun and want to know what''s going on - and then it depresses me! [:(]
[/quote]

I bet it does a1, did you read Championship Chat? [:P][;)]

So just Shackell out of the 8 who were all very doubtfull yesterday, the rest were all playing or on the bench!