Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Leicester or Norwich - who will get promoted first?

Arthur, Im sure you weren''t really hurt by being called an argumentative old codger but if you were I will apologise.

Now getting back to your argumentative post, I wasn''t talking about Delia. I was replying to the thread about who would get promoted first sayuing that there was a school of thought that Mandaric was no good without the love of his life Rednapp and that he struggled in this league before Rednapp was manager. I also pointed out that his falling out with Allen could add weight to that particular argument. I felt these facts were relevent to the issue of who may be promoted first.

I would suggest that the words prudence and ambition in the same post that I highlighted in yellow and green for light-hearted effect were the red rag to you particular old bulls [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arthur, Im sure you weren''t really hurt by being called an argumentative old codger but if you were I will apologise.

Now getting back to your argumentative post, I wasn''t talking about Delia. I was replying to the thread about who would get promoted first sayuing that there was a school of thought that Mandaric was no good without the love of his life Rednapp and that he struggled in this league before Rednapp was manager. I also pointed out that his falling out with Allen could add weight to that particular argument. I felt these facts were relevent to the issue of who may be promoted first.

I would suggest that the words prudence and ambition in the same post that I highlighted in yellow and green for light-hearted effect were the red rag to you particular old bulls [;)]

[/quote]

Actually NN your right i wasnt upset, i get called worse by the wife every day! i''ll pull these old horns in now.

regards

I told you that Nutty wouldn''t answer about the league record since DS came to power, power, power, power, power, power........................

It''s so poor, poor, poor ............[:$]

Shh.................

OTBC...........ahhhhhhhhh! That feels better! 

96/97 13th

97/98 15th

98/99 9th

99/00 12th

00/01 15th

01/02 6th

02/03 8th

03/04 1st

04/05 19th (prem)

05/06 9th

06/07 16th

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Actually NN your right i wasnt upset, i get called worse by the wife every day! i''ll pull these old horns in now.

regards

[/quote]

You and me both Arthur [;)]

I didn''t avoid giving the information that Megson provided you with. My post was about Mandaric and his record without Rednapp which I thought was relevent. I havent commented since because I don''t know the answer. However, I''m pretty convinced that Megson is wrong, but I can''t be arsed to look it up because I am still bored[|-)] of the board.

Why don''t you check it out and provide the information on here for Arthur [:^)]

I didn''t avoid giving the information that Megson provided you with. My post was about Mandaric and his record without Rednapp which I thought was relevent. I havent commented since because I don''t know the answer. However, I''m pretty convinced that Megson is wrong, but I can''t be arsed to look it up because I am still bored[|-)] of the board.

Why don''t you check it out and provide the information on here for Arthur [:^)]

[/quote]

Arsed. My, my.

Nobody can be more arsed than you normally, Nutty.

Face the facts, my fellow fan, as provided by Megson.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Arsed. My, my.

Nobody can be more arsed than you normally, Nutty.

Face the facts, my fellow fan, as provided by Megson.

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

OK.. just for you Bly being as how you went to all the trouble of posting to me instead of watching the game [co][8-|]

I would quite happily be corrected if you know better but as I remember it the 13th in 96/97 and 15th in 97/98 were two more of the glorious benchmarking years under the late great Geoffrey Watling prior to him selling on Chases shares to Delia Smith and Michael Wyn Jones. So to my reckoning Megson was close (but no cigar) and the answer to my honourable friend Arthur''s[*] question is :-

98/99 9th

99/00 12th

00/01 15th

01/02 6th

02/03 8th

03/04 1st

04/05 19th (prem)

05/06 9th

06/07 16th

Arthur - as Bly hasn''t corrected me I think you will find I have answered your question now. Obviously not as good as Portsmouth under Mandaric but an improvement on those first two seasons after Chase nearly sent us into oblivion. I still think the jury is out as to whether Mandaric can be successful without ''arry.

Maybe the question should have been who will get relegated first? Having tried to give me such a hard time on this thread I wonder if the "two agumentative old codgers"[Z][Z][:@][:@][:#] have anything to add.

However if the fates are unkind to Leicester on Sunday I will agree that they would be more likely to get promoted first. But you just never know [;)]

Maybe the question should have been who will get relegated first? Having tried to give me such a hard time on this thread I wonder if the "two agumentative old codgers"[Z][Z][:@][:@][:#] have anything to add.

However if the fates are unkind to Leicester on Sunday I will agree that they would be more likely to get promoted first. But you just never know [;)]

[/quote]

Looks like you''re on a winner there Nutty.

My vote is to Leicester to get promoted first.  They will get promoted to the Coca Cola Division after a season in the Third.  They will have a guarenteed promotion a week or two before NCFC secure''s promotion to the top flight next season.  Iit will be close, but Leicester will get theirs first.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If I wasa betting man my money would be on Leicester.

Can anybody suggest why I think so?

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m not a betting man, but I''ve still put £20 on Norwich being higher than Leicester this season, with a Leicester supporting mate.

I still believe I''m on for the money.

[/quote]

Have you collected yet ob1?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

If I wasa betting man my money would be on Leicester.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''m not a betting man, but I''ve still put £20 on Norwich being higher than Leicester this season, with a Leicester supporting mate.

I still believe I''m on for the money.

[/quote]

because Leicester are shi*e! it doesnt matter how much money u have if u are spending it on Crap

jas :)

[/quote]

It''s great when you are proved right eh Jas?

I for one thought Leicester had signed a load of rubbish, all those who said Leicester had spent well, who wanted Mandaric here as Chairman or Holloway as manager. Equally, I did think we had signed a few iffy one''s as well!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My vote is to Leicester to get promoted first.  They will get promoted to the Coca Cola Division after a season in the Third.  They will have a guarenteed promotion a week or two before NCFC secure''s promotion to the top flight next season.  Iit will be close, but Leicester will get theirs first.[/quote]

Clutch some straws,dip them in some gloss and paint over the cracks mate.

If  Leicester get relegated then surely they''d have a better chance of getting promoted out of league 1 than what we would out of the Championship?