Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Bring In Dejan Stefanovic

Apparently, Portsmouth are ready to let him go. Yes, he''s 33 years old and yes, there are other "more attractive clubs " interested in him. Maybe there''s a way to excite him into joining a club like Norwich. Whether it''s Stefanovic or not, this is exactly the kind of tough, uncompromising kind of central defender we need to shore things up for now while we sort things out for the longer term. If the price is right, I say be bold and put a package together and go after him. Make him captain for that matter.

Sounds like a nice idea YC,

But ''Arry has intimated in his comments that "the boy" could double his wages by going to Fulham or Rangers, I doubt we could even match his current pay. Also their is the additional lure of Rangers lately qualifying for Europe.

As I say nice thought but I can''t see it happening.

Yes please, a cracking player and exactly the sort of leader our defence could do with.

Couldn''t give a stuff about his age either. The days when a player''s career were finished in his early thirties are long gone due to the improved fitness regimes and diets of the modern day player. There''s no reason why a player like Stefanovic couldn''t go on playing until his late thirties.

The only concern would be his wage demands, but I would rather see us spend money on his wages rather than the £2million transfer fee or so it would cost to bring in somebody like Callum Davenport.

One or Even 2 year deal would be immense!  The guy is a commanding centre back, and knows a good player too!  I love what he told Harry when he came back!  I would snap him up, he could teach shackell a great deal, and will bark commands.  Normally I like younger players, but this guy is tough, and good!

Loving that idea Yankee. 33? If you ask me it''s a requirement that one of your centreback is at least 30 in order that he has the sort of experience that is requried in this position. A leader! Oh for a leader!! Unfortunately, i fear Jim is right re wages [:(]

[quote user="a1canary"]Loving that idea Yankee. 33? If you ask me it''s a requirement that one of your centreback is at least 30 in order that he has the sort of experience that is requried in this position. A leader! Oh for a leader!!

Unfortunately, i fear Jim is right re wages [:(]
[/quote]

loan could always be an option

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

still think we should try and get leon Cort from Palarse....

jas :)

[/quote]Aye I really like Leon Cort. But sefanovic is a very good seasoned campaigner. He wants first team footy which he aint gonna get at fratton park and he''ll be pretty cheap because of his age.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Apparently, Portsmouth are ready to let him go. Yes, he''s 33 years old and yes, there are other "more attractive clubs " interested in him. Maybe there''s a way to excite him into joining a club like Norwich. Whether it''s Stefanovic or not, this is exactly the kind of tough, uncompromising kind of central defender we need to shore things up for now while we sort things out for the longer term. If the price is right, I say be bold and put a package together and go after him. Make him captain for that matter.

[/quote]

Oh yeah i can see the board really giving the go ahead for this one! Come on Guys 15000k a week player......i really do not understand the blind faith you have in this board. What would excite him playing for us at the Mo? Yes im being negative but this kind of quality wouldnt be interested at the mo. I mean come on even Freddy ''the wheels on my house go round and round'' Eastwood gave us a miss for the mighty W@?ves!!!!

Good recommendation Yankee. A signing like that could be the making of this team.

But I''m afraid there''s more chance of hell freezing over than this happening with our current lot in charge.

They''d prefer to make a profit this year than aim for promotion.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Good recommendation Yankee. A signing like that could be the making of this team.

But I''m afraid there''s more chance of hell freezing over than this happening with our current lot in charge.

They''d prefer to make a profit this year than aim for promotion.

OTBC

[/quote]

Damn, that beat the odds then didn''t it.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

But ''Arry has intimated in his comments that "the boy" could double his wages by going to Fulham or Rangers, I doubt we could even match his current pay. Also their is the additional lure of Rangers lately qualifying for Europe.

[/quote]

Same old . . . . .!  Yankee right , Jim wrong, again, ha ha ,. . . . .submissive bow, . . . . IANW

Well spotted YC !

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

Same old . . . . .!  Yankee right , Jim wrong, again, ha ha ,. . . . .submissive bow, . . . . IANW

Well spotted YC !

[/quote]

I missed your comment on this yesterday Jim. It''s too darn hot here at the moment to sit around the computer for too long. Don''t overdue the credit Jim.....being right EVENTUALLY can be wrong when it happens. I hope, however, this fellow is still motivated. That''s obviously the key.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

Well spotted YC !

[/quote]

I missed your comment on this yesterday Jim. It''s too darn hot here at the moment to sit around the computer for too long. Don''t overdue the credit Jim.....being right EVENTUALLY can be wrong when it happens. I hope, however, this fellow is still motivated. That''s obviously the key.

[/quote]

You couldn''t pass some of that heat this way could you Yankee? (Hope the Hershey bars are in the fridge).  Who do you advise we sign this time next season?

[quote user="sig"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

Well spotted YC !

[/quote]

[/quote]

You couldn''t pass some of that heat this way could you Yankee? (Hope the Hershey bars are in the fridge).  Who do you advise we sign this time next season?

[/quote]

Sig, my apologies for not answering the question you asked. Here''s what I would keep my eye on for next season. I would be looking to bring in someone like Paul Scholes as assistant player-manager ( Glenn will likely have his eyes on other opportunities ). By that point his legs will be losing what''s required at Manchester United, although still able to do it at this level if we are not promoted this season. He will probably be looking for an opportunity to move into management to see if it suits. What we require is someone who can be a tenacious tackler in the middle of the park and who knows when to get up front and can score goals.

Incidentally, the real reason I brought this thread back up is to remind other posters not to put too much weigh on the opinions of negative input from posters such as Arthur Whittle and Bly. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="sig"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

Well spotted YC !

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sig, my apologies for not answering the question you asked. Here''s what I would keep my eye on for next season. I would be looking to bring in someone like Paul Scholes as assistant player-manager ( Glenn will likely have his eyes on other opportunities ). By that point his legs will be losing what''s required at Manchester United, although still able to do it at this level if we are not promoted this season. He will probably be looking for an opportunity to move into management to see if it suits. What we require is someone who can be a tenacious tackler in the middle of the park and who knows when to get up front and can score goals.

Incidentally, the real reason I brought this thread back up is to remind other posters not to put too much weigh on the opinions of negative input from posters such as Arthur Whittle and Bly. 

[/quote]And not because you''re feeling (rightly) quite smug this morning?! Good call Mr YC.

[img]http://healthcarehacks.com/files/fruganomics/wisebread_imce/Hell_freezing_over.jpg[/img]

Fair play for coming on [;)]Lets hope he has a good few years in him, not sure if we have heard anything from him about his longer-term future. But a great signing, and although Im not sure what he is like in the dressing room, potential captain material for when Fozzy eventually makes way for an attacking Centre-midfielder. Assuming Clingan plays ahead of him of course.

Cheaper than Taylor.

Younger than Taylor.

A poorer investment than Taylor.

But still a good signing as I said.

Paid for by Shackell?

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

may i just say norwich has signed dejan stefanovic!!!!!! lol

it seems a bit strange that you lot think he is on loan?!?!?! it got announced on here that we have signed him and on websites which i''m about to name:-

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11709_196640,00.html << scroll down to his transfer history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7492070.stm << scroll down to fulham''s out''s and look at dejan stefanovic!

why did every one get micked up?!?!?

and there you lot are talking about him signing permently when it got annouced http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1315232/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="jordimurrell"]

may i just say norwich has signed dejan stefanovic!!!!!! lol

it seems a bit strange that you lot think he is on loan?!?!?! it got announced on here that we have signed him and on websites which i''m about to name:-

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11709_196640,00.html << scroll down to his transfer history.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7492070.stm << scroll down to fulham''s out''s and look at dejan stefanovic!

why did every one get micked up?!?!?

and there you lot are talking about him signing permently when it got annouced http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1315232/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]??????????Try reading the thread (especially the dates).