Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Chris Martin

What is happening with him?

Last season to be honest, he was the highlight for most of us, young, local and seems full of talent - the backheel / flick lay off to hucks for the goal in one game was awesome.

But what is happening now, I like all I have seen of him, and want him to play more, but the poor lad seems to keep getting games out wide, where he looks a little lost?

Is this grant genuis, like wenger, player Henry, RVP, and now walcott outwide, to get them games then bringing to the centre, once ready?  Or is it jarvis and hendo mark 3?  But i think grant seems to like him more than those 2?

Does anyone know why he keeps getting put wide, or if he is that effective, as I am only going on whats said on here, and it doesnt sound great for him.

To be fair he has hardly played this season. Only on the bench against Barnet where he was brought on when Drury was injured and took Lappins place so he could move to LB. I guess there''s a possibility he could play central midfield at Hull now Fotheringham is injured but maybe more likely from the bench again. His time will come again this season and if he takes his chance like he did last season it will again be hard to leave him out. This goes to show that unless we get too many injuries we will have a very strong attacking bench this season.

he isn''t ready to be playing week in week out yet, last season he he was superb for 3/4 weeks then did nothing for the last few weeks of the season. He will get a chance at some stage this season and if he carries on developing and improving will get in the side on a more regular basis