Sign in to follow this  
Mouse

Leon Mckenzie

Leon should of played today! When Worthy put Roberts on, Leon was warming up near the N and P, where I sit, and he signeled to us that all he wanted was to play just 10 minutes. I feel sorry for him. I think he''s a good player and should be starting. If he has an outburst in the press like Svenson did, will he get to start? (Don''t get me wrong, I''ve got nothing against Svenson starting, I''d rather him play than Roberts)

leons young. he has a really promising future at norwich but we shouldnt just chuck him into the starting lineup just because we feel sorry for him not playing much. his time will certainly come but hes got to wait his turn

an interesting point about if he complains will he get a start.i''m not sure he would, and svensson came from the prem to div1 and is not getting games while to be in the prem next season is great for leon,so i think it is unlikely that he will complain

He''s not "young" as such. He''s 25 and at that stage in his career he will want to be playing week in week out.

I feel that we should give DH a rest for a game soon, just to keep the fire burning in Leon, and in Hucks too.

I understand your points, but I just think Leon should be playing. In my opinion Leon is a better player than, Roberts and as we were 2-0 up and going to win the game anyway, it would have been better to put a quick forward on to scare the tired Ipswich defence. Oh well, that''s only my opinon. As to whether we should give DH a rest, unless he asks for one or looks like he needs one, which he doesn''t at the moment, he should keep playing. I think he''s one of the reasons we are where we are in the league.

However frustrated Leon feels at the moment he just needs to remind himself that he is part of a team who are heading for the premiership. He will play again this season but he needs to be patient. Should any of the current forwards pick up an injury then I am sure he will be put straight in and hopefully he will be raring to score to prove that he deserves to stay in. We have seen that Worthy rarely changes a winning combination so he needs to take his chance when it comes.