Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

Ian Murray, why only a contract till the summer?

Ian Murray, why only a contract till the summer? Or is this just paper talk. Ok he had an injury problem but looking at the number of times he played for Rangers and his Scottish caps surely we want him on a longer contract? Rob "Mr Utility" Newman is coming home.

its a good decision to give him a short contract,that way just like fozzy last year. the club can see if he fits the bill and is over his illness.

he had quite a serious injury last season, if we put him on say a 3 yr deal and he then suffers more injuries we''re stuck paying him for 3 years, also a 1 year contract will make him earn another deal by playing well

To prove his fitness / suitability I would imagine.  According to some one poster on here he has a condition called reactive arthritis, which can re-occur and properly mess up any sports career. 

With his arthritic illness last year, and not having played a lot recently, it is probably PG playing it safe. I''m sure he doesn''t want to be stuck with another Thorne type on a long term contract. If it reoccurs Murray may need someone to squeeze the petrol pump for him soon. Good business by PG, a bit of a gamble this lad.

Don''t forget, Huckerby was only on a 3 month loan when he started with us.

I think it''s a good move. If things dont work out, whehter it be he doesnt fit in or he has thse problems that prevent him from playing it means we dont have the worry of a long contract to pay. Yes, if he succeeds there is a chance another club could move for him, but he''s chose to come here ahead of other sides now and if he does well and feels wanted there would be no reason to leave. Perhaps we may put in a one year option we can activate if we want.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]What''s ''summer?''[/quote]

The end of the season

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]What''s ''summer?''[/quote]

The end of the season
[/quote]

i think he was joking about the lack of summer this year

Seems strange it''s not a one year deal with an option for a further year like we normally do though.