Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

a realistic prediction for further signings

still no sign of a proper defender which is starting  to worry me but i have beleif in granty and am predicting a last gasp deal for odea and a late bid for either riordan or even easter.

Dunno but they''ll all be second rate scots - getting really sick of it. No good buying cheap things if they''re no good Grant......

Tell you what, get a quality midfielder in on a year long loan, get the injured back and then have a look.

Some very good players will be on the bench or fighting just to get in the squad; there will be competition and we will have a decent squad by any standards in this league.

Grant has shifted his pieces very well and IMO has put a balanced, competitive and quality group of players together. Not only that but Grant is in charge - unlike Worthy was for most of his tenure.

For me we still certainly need the c/b that has been needed all close-season (and which is almost certainly on the cards, I cannot think that we are going to go the season without anyone at No 5?!) - together with someone creative.  If the latter is Riordan then fine but others would also do the job well enough; we do seem to have a decent squad but lack that ''something'' in terms of creativity when Hucks isn''t about...

We''re short at least one centre-back, another (proven) striker and maybe another midfielder.

But if Peter Grant can''t see that we''re a couple of players short then something''s wrong.

C.T wrote the following post at 25/08/2007 5:33 PM:

Reading the evening news today it would appear 2 more players are on their way  Smile [:)]ONE  BETTER BE A CENTER BACK

...and the other Riordan

S. Won Vesta - a talented proven striker from Korea. 27 goals for his club last season, wants to come to England and prove he can cut it in the championship.