Sign in to follow this  
yellow blood

QPR player killed in road crash

Just read on the BBC website that young striker Ray Jones was killed in a car accident in the early hours this morning. Tragic and deepest sympathies to family, friends and the R''s.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Just read on the BBC website that young striker Ray Jones was killed in a car accident in the early hours this morning. Tragic and deepest sympathies to family, friends and the R''s.[/quote]

Tragic, i''ll second your comments.

And this follows on from the murder of one of their youth players a couple of seasons ago. I hate to see young life cut short and I hate to see youngsters wasting their youth too.

It took me back a bit when I saw it. Ray Jones was said to do great things, weren''t Norwich after him once.

A sad loss of life, my thoughts go out to his family and friends

Tragic, not because he was a footballer but because he was only a young lad. Had a promising career ahead of him by all accounts. very sad day.

Gutted too!

Couldn''t believe it when I saw it on Sky News this morning.

My thoughts are with his family and team mates.

And with QPR, always had a soft spot since Gunnys daughter died and they were his next opponents.

Bloody talented player too!

Great loss to English football.

Beatle.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Puts our ''binner/scummer/wind-up/postive/negative'' arguments into perspective.

It truly is only a game.
[/quote]

Spot on post. For once in my life I hardly battered an eyelid when we lost today. That goal Ray got against the Saints was amazing, and showed what a fantastic prospect he was. Sadly the foot injury that was to keep him out of QPR''s match today enabled him a night off, and with tragic consequences. I hope QPR do him proud and get promotion this season...It''d be a fitting tribute.

Real shame... I heard he was an england under 21 candidate? Perhaps he could of gone on to be a big name and a full international... sad times indeed.

jas :)

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Puts our ''binner/scummer/wind-up/postive/negative'' arguments into perspective.It truly is only a game.[/quote]Very very true................. RIP

He will be missed.

Having seen him earn his reputation at QPR with powerful and outstanding performances I for one will treasure the moments I saw him play. He was an inspiration as a young player prepared to take on a good defence.

My wishes go out to his family and his club.