Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Ian Murray

Has anyone put up a thread about Murray yet as i havent seen one? I was just wondering what people made of him after his first appearance. Cant say he seemed anything special to me. A utility man but didnt always look comfortable but lest not forget he has only been here a few days.

Didn''t he sign on the Friday and then play on the Saturday? Couldn''t have had much of a chance to learn players names let alone how they play.

As a Rangers season ticket holder, I''ve seen him play dozens of times here in Scotland and he''s always fitted in really well in the team. He was never Rangers'' best player by any means but similarly he was far from the worst too. Very solid, versatile and doesn''t tend to make many huge mistakes. He''ll do very well for us I think. For a free transfer, it''s another terrific piece of business.

It''s also worth noting that he hasn''t been playing much for the Rangers first team this season due to injury and new players being brought in so he''ll not be match fit yet probably. Give it another few games and we''ll hopefully see the best of him.