Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

hahaha bleedin ha... another free transfer....

On the merits, or otherwise, of Smudgers'' posts - free speech, nuff said. You don''t have to bite and reply. Personally, I think his criticisms are valid ...if you are used to a diet of (mainly) top quality football fed to you by the TV (highlights shows in general, but Premier League, Champions League, Spanish Prima Liga etc etc) then anything that City serve up will taste poorer in comparison. Whether its transfers, or the quality of football on display, its the expectation, stupid. Can''t be bothered to find out who the quote is attributed to, but "it''s the hope that kills you".

As to the Murray transfer itself, I am also in the camp that thinks it''s an astute move - on paper. We lack the funds (and Premiership status) for quality and indeed for squad depth in pure numbers terms, so versatility is one of the requirements  for acquisitions. Defensively we need both quantity and quality - we have another body, I''ll watch with interest to see how good he is. Don''t watch any Scottish football (not a slight against it, just a fact) so I''m in the dark. 

Grant appears to be playing the hand dealt to him quite well, in the short time he has been at the helm. At the very least, he is quickly addressing weaknesses in the squad that had persisted for far too long - IMHO. As brighter sparks than me have noted, the transfer window is still open and offers opportunity still. When it closes, the loan options will become clearer for those teams below the Prem.

OTBC

[quote user="Smudger"]

Honestly some of you are unbelieveable...

Satisfied with a Murray Mint for a left back/centre back/winger/centre midfielder...

What is his position exactly Granty, or is he just a jack of all trades and master of NONE???

More importantly where has the money gone for our team strengthening?  The money promised by Delia and the Turners?

In case some of you had forgotten we have not even spent the cash that we have received for the players who have departed Carrow Road this Summer.

Some of you may be happy at a couple of ok results when the table hasn''t even taken shape but let us see where we are in a couple of months time shall we???

Something tells me that it will be at the @rse end of the table looking up for a fourth consecutive year.

[/quote]fudger you are funny.

"If someone makes some challenging statements about the club, they are a binner!"

No, Arthur Whittle for instance makes some challenging remarks about NCFC but I do not consider him a binner.

Because of course, our club is perfect isn''t it!

No, no-one said that.

"We could go top of the league on Saturday, never mind the fact that about 9 other teams can too"

Well, you can read and understand a football league. Thats good.

"because we are simply the best aren''t we and no one will stop us this season"

No-one said we''re the best, or that we''re unstoppable

"Oh and not forgetting the people who run our club are totally honest and excellent at the job they do."

Not always but I believe they do what they can.

"My personal opinion? Smudger''s posts (who cares how he makes them? In my view this one is valid) get on all your t*ts so much because you know he has a point. And you can''t take it."

No he hasn''t got a leg to stand on IMO. This is the point - He runs everything down. And because he does that the validity of his arguments and viewpoints becomes weaker. He says the same thing over and over again about anything NCFC. Never does he look at things from more than one angle. And yes this can also be applied to the hyper-positive gang, but at least they show hope for the team they support.

"Hence we see "I''m going to ignore him from now on", which, might I add, most of you were saying about 6 months ago."

Reading it is too funny and annoying to resist. When smudger starts a topic we all know roughly what to expect. I''d be surprised to open one of his topics and read "I am so glad we''ve signed *insert player name*. Well done PG" or "I think we could try signing *insert player name*, What do you all think?" or "I''m glad we managed to win 2-0 against *insert team name*. Let hope it continues" or even "We lost 3-1 but we we''re unlucky. They didn''t play that well but lets hope they''ll improve next weekend".

Usually its "The board are useless. They''ve signed a freebee. They/we have no ambition. PG is a rubbish manager. I''m going to protest. I thought we were rubbish despite winning 6-0. I think *insert player name* is crap, why did we sign him. We won''t get promoted. We should spend more money. You''re all part of the woolly flock. I want my potty".

I think those last few lines sum up a smudger post very well. I''m sure most of us are very familiar with these phrases.

One last thing - anyone notice he hasn''t replied again? I think hes reading all this now and laughing that we''ve done it again and replied to his pap. I really really must stop myself.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="C.T"]   SMUDGER SHUT UP[/quote]

I am a Colchester supporter (yes, I know) but it''s a lot easier than you and others have suggested in dealing with people like Mr Smudger.

If this was a Usenet group (as opposed to a local newspaper board) Mr Smudger would have been outed as a troll a long time ago, along with his real name and address (there are some real devotees among IP employees on Usenet).

It possibly ill behoves someone from Layer Road to give advice to Carrow Road but I would suggest the Usenet advice is sound: "Don''t feed the troll."

That way they die.  It is you lot who are giving him the oxygen (and me in this post).

Just ignore his posts and it all goes away.  And so does the troll.

Mr Smudger is a troll, in my opinion, and that it his purpose on your board, possibly.

You can kill it yourselves.

I am not qualified to comment on affairs concerning Norwich City of course but I think I''ve been on Usenet long enough to recognise a troll when I see one.

And that''s what you have.  A troll.

[/quote]

Can I ignore you please. Why are you involved in a NCFC site.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="camuldonum"]

I am a Colchester supporter (yes, I know) but it''s a lot easier than you and others have suggested in dealing with people like Mr Smudger.

If this was a Usenet group (as opposed to a local newspaper board) Mr Smudger would have been outed as a troll a long time ago, along with his real name and address (there are some real devotees among IP employees on Usenet).

It possibly ill behoves someone from Layer Road to give advice to Carrow Road but I would suggest the Usenet advice is sound: "Don''t feed the troll."

That way they die.  It is you lot who are giving him the oxygen (and me in this post).

Mr Smudger is a troll, in my opinion, and that it his purpose on your board, possibly.

I am not qualified to comment on affairs concerning Norwich City of course but I think I''ve been on Usenet long enough to recognise a troll when I see one.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s involved to give an outside view, and an impartial view, why shouldn''t he be involved? He contributes more than Smudger!!! There''s your answer

Yes lets see where we are in a couple of months time, and stop putting players down because they are free or capable of playing in more than 1 postion. We can only judge ove time.

I have to laugh at these sort of posts. And why are some of us unbelievable?? is it because some of us are slightly optimistic and happy with the signings even though not all the transfer kitty was spent.

Time will tell. More of us may be unhappy in a few months time if the team isnt performing, but at least the opinion will be based on something.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Gazza"]

I agree with NCFC1 that Smudger does make many valid points, just because of the way he words his posts at times does not mean some of the things he says are totally irrelavent!

Ps. Also just beacause someone has a different stance does not mean that their a binner!, I know for a fact he ain''t! 

[/quote]

Well you tell us how you know then??

[/quote]

Hahahaha! Reading through this thread is actually hilarious!

It stinks of the holier than thou attitude on this board:

If someone makes some challenging statements about the club, they are a binner! Because of course, our club is perfect isn''t it! We could go top of the league on Saturday, never mind the fact that about 9 other teams can too, because we are simply the best aren''t we and no one will stop us this season, we''ve beat the mighty Barnet and the team propping up the league. Oh and not forgetting the people who run our club are totally honest and excellent at the job they do.

I get it now!

/sarcasm

My personal opinion? Smudger''s posts (who cares how he makes them? In my view this one is valid) get on all your t*ts so much because you know he has a point. And you can''t take it. Hence we see "I''m going to ignore him from now on", which, might I add, most of you were saying about 6 months ago.

Like I said,

Hilarious

[/quote]

Your usual friendly comments I see alexncfc...Hilarious indeed.

The fundamental problem with Smudger is that he rubbishes every new signing etc with glee. Don''t know what planet you live on but I find that incredibly ODD. He positively looks forward to us losing, as is proved by thoses stupid smilies at the end of each post related to ''the next loss''. Whatever issues you have with how your clubs run, YOU DON''T LOOK FORWARD TO LOSING!. Wake up and smell the coffee people, I really can''t believe how blind some are!. And as for his ''valid'' comments I''d be more inclined to listen if, every now and again, he pointed out the odd thing that proved a love of the TEAM...Never happens, does it?.  

P.s Whoever mentioned he maybe a Leicester fan may have a point, I''ve read a couple of things that suggested that...

Quality post.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"If someone makes some challenging statements about the club, they are a binner!"

No, Arthur Whittle for instance makes some challenging remarks about NCFC but I do not consider him a binner.

No, no-one said that.

"We could go top of the league on Saturday, never mind the fact that about 9 other teams can too"

Well, you can read and understand a football league. Thats good.

"Oh and not forgetting the people who run our club are totally honest and excellent at the job they do."

Not always but I believe they do what they can.

"My personal opinion? Smudger''s posts (who cares how he makes them? In my view this one is valid) get on all your t*ts so much because you know he has a point. And you can''t take it."

No he hasn''t got a leg to stand on IMO. This is the point - He runs everything down. And because he does that the validity of his arguments and viewpoints becomes weaker. He says the same thing over and over again about anything NCFC. Never does he look at things from more than one angle. And yes this can also be applied to the hyper-positive gang, but at least they show hope for the team they support.

"Hence we see "I''m going to ignore him from now on", which, might I add, most of you were saying about 6 months ago."

Reading it is too funny and annoying to resist. When smudger starts a topic we all know roughly what to expect. I''d be surprised to open one of his topics and read "I am so glad we''ve signed *insert player name*. Well done PG" or "I think we could try signing *insert player name*, What do you all think?" or "I''m glad we managed to win 2-0 against *insert team name*. Let hope it continues" or even "We lost 3-1 but we we''re unlucky. They didn''t play that well but lets hope they''ll improve next weekend".

Usually its "The board are useless. They''ve signed a freebee. They/we have no ambition. PG is a rubbish manager. I''m going to protest. I thought we were rubbish despite winning 6-0. I think *insert player name* is crap, why did we sign him. We won''t get promoted. We should spend more money. You''re all part of the woolly flock. I want my potty".

I think those last few lines sum up a smudger post very well. I''m sure most of us are very familiar with these phrases.

One last thing - anyone notice he hasn''t replied again? I think hes reading all this now and laughing that we''ve done it again and replied to his pap. I really really must stop myself.

[/quote]

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, how pleasant of you. Perhaps this is a more pertinent question to address to you with this kind of attitude. I should think we would welcome outside comment on our club whether its Camuldonum, Happyhammer or we8wba and anyone else who has a viewpoint. Who made you gatekeeper? Please stop trying to make us seem so insular - it may be how you feel, but you certainly don''t speak for me. Can I ignore you please?  

[quote user="Alex"]

Your usual friendly comments I see alexncfc...Hilarious indeed.

[/quote]

My posts are always friendly [;)] The thing with my posts is they tend to reflect my mood at the time of writing...

[quote user="Alex"]

The fundamental problem with Smudger is that he rubbishes every new signing etc with glee.

[/quote]

No he doesn''t. I have seen plenty of positive posts from him in the close season in relation to our signings, and not only that but positive suggestions too. As for the smiley''s at the end of each post, well I can''t believe how wound up some people get on here.

No, no-one said that.

[/quote]

No one said that? Are you serious? So why, just why is it when someone even dares to come on and make some challenging points, they are told to do one of or accused of being the following:

* "Go and support Chelsea!"

* "You''re a binner!"

* "Troll!"

* "Did you have a nice trip in Plymouth?" or whoever Ipsh*t last played.

That, to me, says that some people just can''t accept criticisms of the club. Theres hyper positive people are being more than a bit hypocritical in my view

[/quote]

Which is why I''ve seen posts saying how we''re destined for the Prem, or how our squad is so much better than last season. Personally I disagree on both counts, we are lacking ambition as far as signings are concerned, and have not spent anywhere near the moneys we have received. Not that that insinuates that I believe we have any money left, because I know what the board are like... Hopefully todays inept display and result will bring some people down to earth and show that we are in dire need of FIRST TEAM improvements, not squad/Scottish freebies, and that we are not as brilliant as some people would love to think.

I wouldn''t bet on it though.

The shrewdness of the signings tells me that Granty has a knack of picking up players with quality. Free transfers dont always mean rubbish for example Edworthy was a free transfer even Dion. You have to be stupid if you really believe that Granty doesnt realise we have weaknesses OF COURSE HE DOES Grant is better in the transfer market than Worthless ever was, Grant is a better motivator that Worthless ever was (for us anyway) Keep the faith or at the very least give him until the end of this season. I expect to be shot down in flames due to nature of these boards.

People on here are very quick to criticise Smudger but how far wrong is he?!, not too far off the mark looking at the league table this morning!.

I''m sure I have read on quite a few occasions that he has said that this season would be exactly like last and the league table does''nt lie hey folks!, twin that with three very average performances at best perhaps he is not the fool many make him out to be.........

[quote user="Gazza"]

not too far off the mark looking at the league table this morning!.

[/quote]

And with only 43 games remaining the league is really taking shape...

[quote user="Gazza"]stop being so naive Mr Humphrey,  all three performances in the league have been very poor is that boding well???[/quote]

Well firstly, I think it''s pushing it slightly to say they''ve been very poor (though they''ve hardly been world-beating performances). But that wasn''t really my main point. My point was we''ve only played three matches. There are loads of teams on four points so far, including some of the favourites to go up. The league''s still sorting itself out, I bet it''ll look very different come Christmas. And remember Luton, Leeds, and us for that matter started last season well and look what happened. Similarly Sunderland started very badly but ended up winning the thing. Let''s not get too carried away, eh?

The problem is, is that even if Murray turns out to be the next Malky and we score a record amount of clean sheets with him in defence (or wherever he''s gonna play), then smudger will just ignore the fact that we was a superb signing.Grants signings on paper have been very good so far. People were slating the signing of this unknown Simon Lappin for 50k saying another load of rubbish etc comments, and now they go on about the same thing.I can understand he maybe upset that we are not buying say koumas or chopra etc. but that doesn''t mean you can slate him before you see him, before he''s fully fit, before he''s gelled into the team. And it certainly doesn''t mean you can''t give him the best of your welcomes. It''s a real shame to think there are norwich fans out there who slate a player we''ve just signed for no apparent reason. Now thats disgraceful and deserves no part at this club, it''s as bad as booing players on matchdays. No justification.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Sunderland changed their manager and spent lots of money , we wont be doing that will we ?[/quote]

Not unless we get bought out by a consortium with massive resources prepared to pump money into the club that they are unlikely to see again just to get us up.

Lets be clear here, we are NOT going to finish in the top two, anyone thinking we will needs to drop that now, ain''t gonna happen.

[quote user="megson"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]Sunderland changed their manager and spent lots of money , we wont be doing that will we ?[/quote]

Not unless we get bought out by a consortium with massive resources prepared to pump money into the club that they are unlikely to see again just to get us up.

Lets be clear here, we are NOT going to finish in the top two, anyone thinking we will needs to drop that now, ain''t gonna happen.

[/quote]

Megson ,You lovely old Boy , You are quite right we won''t finish second , We will win the league thats for sure , you can take it from me , Oh you of little faith , Whats the matter with you ? You know you support the best club in the land , lets all get behind them and shout them to victory [Y] .arrdee