Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

hahaha bleedin ha... another free transfer....

[quote user="C.T"]   SMUDGER SHUT UP[/quote]

I am a Colchester supporter (yes, I know) but it''s a lot easier than you and others have suggested in dealing with people like Mr Smudger.

If this was a Usenet group (as opposed to a local newspaper board) Mr Smudger would have been outed as a troll a long time ago, along with his real name and address (there are some real devotees among IP employees on Usenet).

It possibly ill behoves someone from Layer Road to give advice to Carrow Road but I would suggest the Usenet advice is sound: "Don''t feed the troll."

That way they die.  It is you lot who are giving him the oxygen (and me in this post).

Just ignore his posts and it all goes away.  And so does the troll.

Mr Smudger is a troll, in my opinion, and that it his purpose on your board, possibly.

You can kill it yourselves.

I am not qualified to comment on affairs concerning Norwich City of course but I think I''ve been on Usenet long enough to recognise a troll when I see one.

And that''s what you have.  A troll.

SMUDGER ....

You are the most negative person I have ever met!

No matter what the team, Grant, the board or even the fans do you always find a way to MOAN ABOUT IT.

If you can''t find anything good to say then don''t say anything at all!

I think I echo a lot of fellow posters with this comment.

Cheers to the rest of you.

[quote user="Budger"]

I agree Smudge, he''s probably on 10k a week aswell to make up for the transfer fee. If he was any decent Rangers would have kept him and loaned him.

[/quote]The only person to agree with smudger is budger

[quote user="Smudger"]

Honestly some of you are unbelieveable...

Satisfied with a Murray Mint for a left back/centre back/winger/centre midfielder...

What is his position exactly Granty, or is he just a jack of all trades and master of NONE???

More importantly where has the money gone for our team strengthening?  The money promised by Delia and the Turners?

In case some of you had forgotten we have not even spent the cash that we have received for the players who have departed Carrow Road this Summer.

Some of you may be happy at a couple of ok results when the table hasn''t even taken shape but let us see where we are in a couple of months time shall we???

Something tells me that it will be at the @rse end of the table looking up for a fourth consecutive year.

[/quote]Tell me this smudger,what the hell has got to happen for you to be upbeat.You are the most attention seeking person i have ever come across,i just wish i could ignore you.In fact i think i will from now on,how about it everyone nobody replys to this idiots posts ever again

Have you ever posted anything positive on here? Are you sure you actually support the club? Just wondered, that''s all

[quote user="camuldonum"]

I am a Colchester supporter (yes, I know) but it''s a lot easier than you and others have suggested in dealing with people like Mr Smudger.

If this was a Usenet group (as opposed to a local newspaper board) Mr Smudger would have been outed as a troll a long time ago, along with his real name and address (there are some real devotees among IP employees on Usenet).

It possibly ill behoves someone from Layer Road to give advice to Carrow Road but I would suggest the Usenet advice is sound: "Don''t feed the troll."

That way they die.  It is you lot who are giving him the oxygen (and me in this post).

Mr Smudger is a troll, in my opinion, and that it his purpose on your board, possibly.

I am not qualified to comment on affairs concerning Norwich City of course but I think I''ve been on Usenet long enough to recognise a troll when I see one.

[/quote]

You can shout this from the rooftops - I''ve said *exactly* the same thing in the past, unfortunately people here won''t listen and will continue to respond to his bulls**t, much to his amusement, I''m sure.

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

You can shout this from the rooftops - I''ve said *exactly* the same thing in the past, unfortunately people here won''t listen and will continue to respond to his bulls**t, much to his amusement, I''m sure.

[/quote]

And this is all that he wanted, 3 pages of replies/bites.

Solution?, very easy, boycott his rantings and simply cut his ''supply'' off.

This is now what I intend to do to him and his fellow scummer Clucky. Come and join me..............it''ll be fun on here again.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Partly right, in that at least you are not fooled like some of the fans who are so easily satisfied (fooled?). This guy sounds like a useful addition, but he should be in addition to some more players who we should have shown some ambition (and a cheque book if required) to sign.

Where you are right in my opinion, is that we are without doubt being conned by those in charge -  Cheapskates with no ambition and no idea of how to compete in todays market.

We have got some good players in this year, we should have been able to get  two or three more with the money that should have been in the transfer kitty rather than the bank.

Perhaps Mr Doncaster will be brave enough to come on the board and explain the sums which show that Grant has received all the transfer money received to spend again?

[/quote]

Im going to agree with you on this one. PG''s done extremely well with his funds so far but i still believe the team needs more in defence. We''re not far off and thats down to PG''s shrewd dealing not the boards transfer handling which imo is now all but finished for this TW. This is a bigger season for those in charge than the manager or players so i would of thought the investment would be alot bigger but lets see where we are come chrimbo. 

[/quote]

Im not the only one who has replied but yes i do agree that SMUDGER should be outed from the board.   Some of his comments are sooo infuriating

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Me too i have been banging on about not replying to his posts , but still people reply IGNORE HIM .

Not again!

Smudger was outed as a binner on a wind-up mission on the locked post a couple of weeks ago. He''s obviously come back for another try after a short wait to see if he can pick up where he left off.

Too many people now know you are a Troll Smudger (unfortunately a very succesfull one) so the funs over. Bye-bye and don''t come back.

CA is correct.. no one saw smudger...

Others on here might remember when Smudger said he was outside the ground for a game last season on his own protesting about the board.. funny how no one saw him that day too!

jas :)

[/quote]yes, but anyone who is going to be "troll" with only a slight knowledge of usenet and IP addresses can avoid detection.I could easily post to this message board using a fake IP address if i really wanted to. so your point is that anyone who has a negative post should be outed with real names and adressess.Not to mention the data protection act................. Really silly post.

I really dont see why your all getting on your high horses, Smudger actually makes some valid points

1- Are we really satisfied with keep signing freebies

2- What position has Grant bought Murray for ? centre half or midfield  .Or just cover.

3- We were promised ambition this season and still we get more from sales than we spend on signings . Why ?

4- A lot of people are going overboard about the first 2 results when the performances suggest another season of struggle.

Why does asking these questions make Smudger so disliked or a binner in disguise , imo he could well be hitting the nail firmly on the head.

Despite Smudger being a fool, I would hate to see anyone banned from the message board.

Every team needs a joker, just like every village has its idiot.

Personally I get a good giggle reading his posts and watching the feedback come flying in at record speed.

Keep it up Smudge, Cluck and the rest of your virtual gang!

I think people are fed up with Smudger because he seldom if ever says anything positive about the club - quite a few posters, like myself, often state what could be construed as negativity toward the club, but unlike Smudger we do see and write about the positive aspects too.

Smudgers one-track monotony & unbalanced opinions can be hugely annoying, but likewise so can those posters who find it impossible to see or say anything wrong about the club - I mostly choose to ignore posts and posters that annoy me - it isn''t that difficult to do - I suggest others follow suit.

The last thing I''d want to see at this message board is the condemnation of free speech.

And for the record I think Smudger is more a Leicester supporter than an Ipshite one.

Smudger makes himself the prey and we all turn predator...still, rather predator than prey...

So he''s versatile and Grant doesn''t know his "best position" -that makes him a bad signing? Look at Essian at Chelsea-plays centre midfield, sweeper, right back, centre back-I suspect Jose knows his best position (centre midfield) just as Grant and Murray know his best position (centre half) but it pays all clubs to have versatile players, common sense and a good indicator also, of how good a player is in that he can play in more than one position.

Which begs the question, Smudger, how can a player who can play in more than one position be a worse player than one who can only fit into one?

He''s a "free"-so that makes him a bad signing as well? Well, Chelsea again-Steve Sidwell, would you have been against us getting him as he was a free? Real Madrid got Steve McManaman on a free, FFS, if you were a Real fan would you have been posting on their website at the time that you didn''t want Liverpool cast-off''s? Otsemobor was a free, you want to run him out of town as well? Some of the best signings in football history have been free transfers!

So we haven''t spent all of our money yet? You, therefore, I assume, on your pay day, spend every penny available and immediately? After all, can''t have the unfortunate Mrs Smudger going at you for not doing so can you, all that money still in the bank, ten days to the next payday, and you haven''t spent it all yet? Wheres your ambition man, wheres that new Lexus on the driveway, that swimming pool in the back garden?

Perhaps we should only have bought players that actually cost us money this Summer?

Maybe we oughtn''t to have any "in reserve" come January 1st?

Maybe we shouldn''t have allocated some to pay off any debts?

Maybe you know all about Ian Murray and will be proven right?

And maybe not.

48 replies (well, 49 now), 1,786 views.Is this a record for Smudger ?  Nowhere near.  I''ll check back in a weeks time to see if this thread reaches CHEESEBOARD proportions...

There have bigger posts than this blah, i''ve seen a few go over the 100 replies mark

By the way smudger....... I''ve said it before and sadly i''ll say it again....... Just cause he''s free, doesn''t mean he''s crap... Why do you think that, are you that short sighted???

[quote]By the way smudger....... I''ve said it before and sadly i''ll say it

again....... Just cause he''s free, doesn''t mean he''s crap... Why do you

think that, are you that short sighted???[/quote]Good point Tom, and conclusive proof that Smudger can''t be a binner, they can only afford free transfers.

[quote user="ncfc1"]

I really dont see why your all getting on your high horses, Smudger actually makes some valid points

1- Are we really satisfied with keep signing freebies

2- What position has Grant bought Murray for ? centre half or midfield  .Or just cover.

3- We were promised ambition this season and still we get more from sales than we spend on signings . Why ?

4- A lot of people are going overboard about the first 2 results when the performances suggest another season of struggle.

Why does asking these questions make Smudger so disliked or a binner in disguise , imo he could well be hitting the nail firmly on the head.

[/quote]

Shyster has hit the nail on the head, its not just negativity because there have been a lot of things to feel negatively about in our recent past. I think its the extremity of his views that winds people up/makes them think he''s a binner. Yes last season was a shambles, but there is an undoubted improvement (imo) in our squad on last year and to write off every single thing that Grant/the club has done is just unrealistic. Yes you make some valid points but there are obviously good and bad about the club at the moment. Every single player we get is automatically sh*t and every single player that any of our rivals signs is going to be the next Shearer or Bellamy - that''s what riles people I think. Personally, I find it pretty funny and entertaining - you can''t beat being asked to try and ''see through the results'', lol! I presume the same will be applicable next time we are unlucky to lose a game? [;)]      

I agree with NCFC1 that Smudger does make many valid points, just because of the way he words his posts at times does not mean some of the things he says are totally irrelavent!

Ps. Also just beacause someone has a different stance does not mean that their a binner!, I know for a fact he ain''t! 

Thank Christ for a voice of reason! Well said NCFC1, totally agree with every point you have raised, looking at a LOT of the other messages received, some of the fans are like lambs to the slaughter.

OTBC and Hull here we come!

[quote user="macdougall s perm"][quote user="ncfc1"]

Shyster has hit the nail on the head, its not just negativity because there have been a lot of things to feel negatively about in our recent past. I think its the extremity of his views that winds people up/makes them think he''s a binner. Yes last season was a shambles, but there is an undoubted improvement (imo) in our squad on last year and to write off every single thing that Grant/the club has done is just unrealistic. Yes you make some valid points but there are obviously good and bad about the club at the moment. Every single player we get is automatically sh*t and every single player that any of our rivals signs is going to be the next Shearer or Bellamy - that''s what riles people I think. Personally, I find it pretty funny and entertaining - you can''t beat being asked to try and ''see through the results'', lol! I presume the same will be applicable next time we are unlucky to lose a game? [;)]      

[/quote][/quote]

for me its because the negataivity is combined with non attendance at games (no this isn''t a dig a people who cant get / afford to get to games) but to form such a polarised view of things and to be so negative without basing it on actually seeing what''s happening on the pitch is soulless

[quote user="Gazza"]

I agree with NCFC1 that Smudger does make many valid points, just because of the way he words his posts at times does not mean some of the things he says are totally irrelavent!

Ps. Also just beacause someone has a different stance does not mean that their a binner!, I know for a fact he ain''t! 

[/quote]

Well you tell us how you know then??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Gazza"]

[/quote]

Well you tell us how you know then??

[/quote]

Hahahaha! Reading through this thread is actually hilarious!

It stinks of the holier than thou attitude on this board:

If someone makes some challenging statements about the club, they are a binner! Because of course, our club is perfect isn''t it! We could go top of the league on Saturday, never mind the fact that about 9 other teams can too, because we are simply the best aren''t we and no one will stop us this season, we''ve beat the mighty Barnet and the team propping up the league. Oh and not forgetting the people who run our club are totally honest and excellent at the job they do.

I get it now!

/sarcasm

My personal opinion? Smudger''s posts (who cares how he makes them? In my view this one is valid) get on all your t*ts so much because you know he has a point. And you can''t take it. Hence we see "I''m going to ignore him from now on", which, might I add, most of you were saying about 6 months ago.

Like I said,

Hilarious