Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

hahaha bleedin ha... another free transfer....

Honestly some of you are unbelieveable...

Satisfied with a Murray Mint for a left back/centre back/winger/centre midfielder...

What is his position exactly Granty, or is he just a jack of all trades and master of NONE???

More importantly where has the money gone for our team strengthening?  The money promised by Delia and the Turners?

In case some of you had forgotten we have not even spent the cash that we have received for the players who have departed Carrow Road this Summer.

Some of you may be happy at a couple of ok results when the table hasn''t even taken shape but let us see where we are in a couple of months time shall we???

Something tells me that it will be at the @rse end of the table looking up for a fourth consecutive year.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz                                                                                          zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. z

Hang on Smudge. I agree with you that we should have a tidy sum left for purchases but personally I think it is a good bit of business to get this guy on a freebie. He has played over 50 times for Rangers and is only 25 so I don''t think he is a mug.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Satisfied with a Murray Mint for a left back/centre back/winger/centre midfielder...

What is his position exactly Granty, or is he just a jack of all trades and master of NONE???

More importantly where has the money gone for our team strengthening?  The money promised by Delia and the Turners?

In case some of you had forgotten we have not even spent the cash that we have received for the players who have departed Carrow Road this Summer.

Some of you may be happy at a couple of ok results when the table hasn''t even taken shape but let us see where we are in a couple of months time shall we???

Something tells me that it will be at the @rse end of the table looking up for a fourth consecutive year.

[/quote]

Cast your mind back to 1991... Leeds are looking for a creative player to help bolster their title hopes... they search far and wide and in the end settle for a free Transfer that no ones heard of.... Eric Cantona went on to play for Manchester utd and won many things in his career....

Just because ur free doesnt make u crap....

jas :)

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]So how would you know if he''s any good? Ever seen him? Didn''t think so...Yet another "moan moan moan, look at me, look at me, your all stupid" postWhen''s the protest Smudger?

A rather predictable comment from Smudger, there.  I guess the general idea is that if you slag everyone off you can then say "I told you so" if they don''t become a star player....conveniently forgetting that there will be plenty you slated who look good. 

But then since Smudge will never see him play, I doubt we''ll bother taking too much notice of his opinion in any case; I would certainly trust PG''s judgement ahead of Smudger''s any day of the week. 

Smudger - You may be right but I think it only fair that a player/signing is judged after they have kicked a ball in anger (quite a few balls in fact) rather than before don`t you? Of course if you turn out to be right you can say "I told you so" the danger in these sorts of posts of course is you end up looking like a bit of an @rse. 

y write back to him ... wen he makes a post just dont say anything, in other words ignore him ... that MIGHT shut him up...

I agree Smudge, he''s probably on 10k a week aswell to make up for the transfer fee. If he was any decent Rangers would have kept him and loaned him.

Aside from Florent Malouda, who was extremely highly rated and looks to be a good acquisition, Chelsea look to be relying on free transfers this summer, backed up even further by the snubing of Alves for Beletti.

Only time will tell whether Abramovich et al have worked wonders or shot themselves in the foot. Is the same not true for us?

Borrrrrrring.Yet again smudger is more interested in playing up to his online personality disorder than constructing a rational opinion.Ignore the chump.

Firstly we''ve only not had 3 bad years in a row, we finished 9th in the championship, not particularly inspiring i know after a reasonably competative season in the premiership. Last season was a huge dissapintment also, but at the moment there is reason for optomism.

I did think we''ll spend more than we have, but we cannot complain at the way Grant has brought im many new players and that most look like teh ywill be good additions at reasonable prices. You need to remember that money isnt everything, its the quality of player you buy. Sheffield United for example have spent alot of money, as have other clubs and it doesnt guarentee results. They have spent £7 Million on their new strike force, while Charlton have at least £3.5M on 4 strikers, with a lack of experience in the championship and have yet to get going. Whereas, we''ve spent 750k on Cureton and he''s bagged 4 goals in 2 games, and we''ve got 4 points from 6 and are aboe the aformentioned sides in the league.

Yes, we''ve probably only spent marginally over £3 Million on players, that coming with Cureton , Marshall, Russell and Strihavka, of which fans i''m sure will be happy with the value for the 3 british signings, with the drury still out on Strihavka. Gilks, Otsemobor and Brellier have already signed on frees, of which hilks is a back up, otsemobor already looks a big improvement on last year nand a fit brellier i''m sure will be a good addition.

Out has gone earnshaw (3.5 M), Safri (300k?), Colin (50K?) and Etuhu (1.5M) for a total of around £5 Million, although this will be a maximum i presume with clasues involved with etuhu and earnshaw. We''ve also signed smith on loan, and with signing on fees and the wages etc we have shelved out a bit. Though i would hope that l;ooking at the figures there is still some money to spend if we have one last gamble now, or need to spend to maintain a push in january.

The £2 Million loan, or extra kitty from the Turners is an interesting one. Whether the board dont see fit to spend £6Million in one go, which may be risky and are hopeful the money can be looked after. I''m not sure, i have no more information on this, it could be left for the club now we have the sale of players money to use or it could be that Grant is happy with the players he''s brought and is happy to leave the money for later on if needed. Only time will tell.

We''re in round 2 of the cup, we have 4 points from 6 and things are looking up!

OTBC

Partly right, in that at least you are not fooled like some of the fans who are so easily satisfied (fooled?). This guy sounds like a useful addition, but he should be in addition to some more players who we should have shown some ambition (and a cheque book if required) to sign.

Where you are right in my opinion, is that we are without doubt being conned by those in charge -  Cheapskates with no ambition and no idea of how to compete in todays market.

We have got some good players in this year, we should have been able to get  two or three more with the money that should have been in the transfer kitty rather than the bank.

Perhaps Mr Doncaster will be brave enough to come on the board and explain the sums which show that Grant has received all the transfer money received to spend again?

were does it say smudger that the turners are putting any more then the 2million pound loan to help balance the books, there is nowhere that says the trners have pt money towards a transfer kitty,  u yes i do agree where has the money gone that has been made if we have recieved it all in one payment rmember some transfer are done in installments, let the team d o there job then if they fail you have the right to complain till then who cares i for one am enjoying looking at the results weve had and am looking forward to many more result to come,remember not every team has to spend a fortune to be sucessfull

[quote user="Budger"]

I agree Smudge, he''s probably on 10k a week aswell to make up for the transfer fee. If he was any decent Rangers would have kept him and loaned him.

[/quote]

Thierry Henry is decent but just because Arsenal didn''t keep him doesn''t mean hes rubbish suddenly.

I was hoping for no-one to reply in this topic - oh well.

Really, it''s a cracking bit of business. He doesn''t cost us anything and he''s got a one-year contract - if he impresses give him a longer deal, if he''s poor he''s out the door. What have we got to lose from this, exactly?

Smudger is always good for a laugh! There is nothing negative about this new signing, it''s a free, and if the transfer fund millions are not spent, we still have a stronger team and cash in the bank (or less of a debt), then well done to PG & the board for wise transfer dealings.

If things are still looking up at Chrimbo then the money can be spent to get us over the final hurdle.

I dont think there is any money available , i really think if there was Grant would have moved for Riordan a player he was wetting himself over in January . As for Murray who knows what he will turn out like but you have to be very worried about his fitness and it seems the club are with only 1 year on offer , its no good complaining about injury jinxs if you buy injury prone players.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You are right smudger - we should offer a fee for these players just so we use up our budget and make you happy! you''ve never seen him play - what do you base your predicition of our position in the table at the end of the season on - no doubt the same thing you based your opinion of us having 0 points at this stage of the season!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You are right smudger - we should offer a fee for these players just so we use up our budget and make you happy! you''ve never seen him play - what do you base your predicition of our position in the table at the end of the season on - no doubt the same thing you based your opinion of us having 0 points at this stage of the season!

" How does NO points out of SIX sound Cobain????  Coz in all liklihood that is what we are likley to achieve....  I may even go out on a limb here and say that we may just get a solitary point but certainly no more than that. " Smudger

Just so you are aware of what I am referring to, this shows how much weight your predictions carry, so as for murray not being any good - you don''t actually have a clue 

I''m assuming, the title "Hahaha bleedin ha" is you laughing at every club that tried to get hold of this player? Because, we''ve got a versatile yet strong in CB position, the one position which needed addressing the most, as well as adequate back up for Drury.

So, all in all, what the hell is your point?

At least we paid under the odds for a player again, rather than paying over the odds for robinson, hughes, doherty, charlton, stuart, svenson, colin, louis jean, peter thorne etc.

I''m not sure why people seem to think there is a positive correlation between how much spent and the quality of player received. Plus when signing a player the total cost is not just the transfer fee. Wages signing on fee agents fees. Also we are a club running at a loss.

Smudger, did you do your planned protest before the Southampton game cause we didnt see you?