Sign in to follow this  
derehamcanary_fan

how much more negativity, for fs sake its only one lost game

is it me or is it just a case of me being competely thick, looking at the league after some of the results so far does ot mean that man u are crap cos theyre only in tenth look at the championshipcharlton not doing so well so far only 12th yet supposed to be promotion certaintiessheffield united same only 16th but again supposed to be promotion certaintieswest brom, southampton, cardif and shef wedn are also supposed to be better then norwich but look where they are, just because a team loses 1 game yes 1 game were to write off the season well if all the teams that have lost 1 game were to write off there seasons bayern munich would be second flight of german league, man u would next season be playing championship football, 

if u took the case of what weve done over 3 championship matches weve drwan 1 lost 1 and won 1, did sunderland do superbly at th start of last season when they won th championshipwill u write off manu when theyve had a poor start yet u know theyre to strong to finsh below the top four,are u saying that because colchester are a better side then preston yet shrewsbury beat colchester so this must mak shrewsbury btter then colchester, and besides was it a full strength city side no brellier surely not 100%brown again has a broken nose, theyre not nice nad can make u back off ure normal play in case it gets more damagedsmith out injuredhux out injuredfozzy out injureddrury out injuredlappin surely not 100% as he picked up a knock last weekand marshall surely not 100% from what i heard was limping a bit after a aeriel challenge, gt these fully fi and back in the squad and then lets see the real team, yes replace doc as he seems to have 1 good game for every 2 bad but when drury returns then murray will step in and from watching him play for rangers last season hes a pretty useful defender, has european experience tooh and complaining and whinging instead of making ureselves heard at games isnt going to do the team any favours, so instead of bleating on about how the team has no ambition and is useless and so on  why dont u invest that energy into supporting the team and making ureselfs heard at games

I like the "surely not 100%" , so what your saying is you don''t really know?much the same as grant does not know his first 11!he has no idea of tactics and substitutions!and is fully responsible for this poor team  he  has  assembled.GRANT OUT 

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I like the "surely not 100%" , so what your saying is you don''t really know?
much the same as grant does not know his first 11!
he has no idea of tactics and substitutions!
and is fully responsible for this poor team  he  has  assembled.

GRANT OUT

[/quote]

I think it''s a bit early to be saying if it''s a poor team - how can you judge from three games (of which we''ve won one, drawn one, and lost one - like nine other teams in the league including Sheffield United and Charlton)? Let''s see where we are at Christmas shall we?

Ronbol, explain why you think Grant should leave and what the alternative is, please.Is buying 9 new players, shipping out dead wood, trying to restucture the squad, reserve and youth teams and the way the club does its business in general not good enough for you? Are you so blind that you can''t see he''s trying to change this club into one that is fully equipped to go up and stay up? The days of clueless management by Hamilton and Worthy are over my friend - the board have at last employed someone with vision, who can show them AND us how we can get back to where we believe we belong. We can only do that as a strong club, not just team - that was our failing last time around.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]he has no idea of tactics and substitutions!

[/quote]

I thought on Saturday Grant made a subsitution when things were clearly not going our way in the second half, and Dion the subsitute came straight on and scored! We then proceeded to dominate play, have chances, and win corners after the substitution and change of formation.

If Hull had not scored against the run of play during this period I think we would have at least got a draw, quite possibly won the game, and everyone would be saying what a great team were were, and Grant was a great tactician...

Do you know I''ve noticed that, with the exception of Arthur Whittle and Ricardo, the remaining negative posters fail to do one thing - Post their own ideas. They''re very quick to come on here and whinge and moan about everything but rarely do you see them follow this up with transfer ideas, managerial ideas, tactical ideas and just general ideas of what they''d like to see at NCFC. Can''t say I''ve ever seen any of them posting their ideas in the "Transfer" section of this message board.

The best they can manage is a load of blunt messages like "Grant Out" and "Sack the board" and thats it. Really constructive input from these so-called NCFC supporters.

Give it 10 games after that we will know what teams really like.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]But of course there is nothing wrong with positivity after just one win is there!![/quote]

Nope, nothing.

We are football fans that''s what we are supposed to do.

This team are still learning each others'' games.  It will take time for them to gel as a unit, for the manager and players to learn from the mistakes made in early season defeats and draws.  The teams that do this most successfully will go on to challenge for the play-off places.  Those that aren''t as successful will end up mid-table.  Same as it''s always been.  Anything else at the moment is just hot air.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I like the "surely not 100%" , so what your saying is you don''t really know?much the same as grant does not know his first 11!he has no idea of tactics and substitutions!and is fully responsible for this poor team  he  has  assembled.GRANT OUT [/quote]when saying surely not 100% i mean by taking the knocks and injuries theyve recieved only a couple of weeks ago then surely theyre not 100%,  would u be 100% for everygame if youd had knocks and picked up niggling injuries, i think grant does know his first eleven just with a few of his first team players out he cant field them, whats he supposed to do pick his best eleven week in week out even tho theyre injured, was expecting a few comments but none as stupid as this onehow is the team hes assembled poor, what do you base this comment on and weres ure evidence to prove that theyre poor, and dont say cos were 15th after 3 games cos its not evidence enough, out of all th signing all the other clubs have made that we were interested in ie sharpe, varney etc theyre hardly setting the division alight now are they, so just because we didnt buy a expensive 3 mill signing and spend all our budget the teams poor, yeah i bet try telling that to chelsea who if i believe go ballack for free, so because ballack was free he must be shit yeah rite, theres so many players out there who just because there free doesnt mean there shit, take sheringham for instance or windass for that matter they were free but hardly crap are they

its just another week of sensationalist negativity... and as ever its so ''toys and prams'' its laughable.

one re-occurring theme that pi**es me off is:

"See. We lost a game. See. I told you our club is the worst club in the world"

or

"See. We let in a goal. See. I told you every signing we''ve made is terrible"

etc etc.

What gets me is that I, and im sure i can speak for many others, consider myself an optimistic supporter in the the sense that:

- Following football gives me great pleasure and I will support Norwich, the team I love, through thick and thin for the rest of my life.

Now some of the ''negi brigade'' interperate that as:

"I BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE WITH 0 DEFEATS AND 0 GOALS CONCEEDED!!!!!" and revert to "I TOLD YOU WE WOULDN''T!!!!!!!!!!" at all oppurtunities.

This saying, "green and yellow tinted spectacles", I hate. I think its incredibly ironic how its the same old negi''s that use this phrase that go ballistic when we lose a game or let a goal in. I mean, what can possibly be more disillusioned than that? It seems you are the guys that are ''wearing the specs'' now that you seemingly EXPECT us to ruthlessly dominate an incredibly competitive division as a BARE MINIMUM. It''s so unreasonable! Its as if in some way you actually believe our club its GOD LIKE compared to its peers??!??!

I on the other hand am very realistic on our current situation and yes, one result wont change that!

Please re-read broadies excellent post above ^  .  If you forget about all the progress being made after every single loss/draw/goal conceaded then, simply put, you are a total moron.

Yes it''s only one lost game, but the 4 points we have were somewhat fortunately accrued, after spending most of the Preston match defending and half of the Southampton match doing the same. By most reports we were pretty dire at Hull and really didn''t deserve any other result than a defeat there. Similarly the cup game was a good performance for 45 minutes only. So, 4 matches played and we are already showing worrying signs of not being able to concentrate for the full 90 minutes of a match. This does not bode well for the rest of the season unless the faults are addressed.

Dabe the Striker deserves a start - all this he needs time to adjust is true to an extent, but it''s Catch-22: how is he going to adjust to the English game by coming on for 5 minutes at the end of a game? If Grant thought he was good enough to take up a large chunk of his transfer budget then he needs to start playing him - I don''t think Brown offers enough goal threat however good his link-up play may or may not be.

But what the performances so far really show to me is how much Huckerby is missed. We''re not quite a one-man team, but we''re not that far off...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This team are still learning each others'' games.  It will take time for them to gel as a unit, for the manager and players to learn from the mistakes made in early season defeats and draws.  [/quote]

Teams that take time to gel will not get promoted. We must be up the top 1/4 from the start if there is any chance. After the magic 10 games, often quoted, we could already be 12 points or so adrift of the top, and leaving ourselves an impossible climb in this league.

I know now everyone will state how Sunderland started badly and came on strong later in the season, but that was pretty exceptional. We have to get results now, not making excuses and predicting how great we will be after the team have learnt each others games or players returning from injury. Many other teams in the division also have changes to contend with, and the ''team to gel'' excuse is laughable. Injuries are part and parcel of todays games, and every club will suffer throughout the season at some time.

I am not normally negative, but a realist, and I can see that we will be mid table fodder again this year. No disrespect to Grant as he has had limited funds to play with, and I think he has done well to make wholesale changes to move the club on from the Worthington regime, but plenty of other clubs have also done well, and on paper we are no better than mid-table compared to these clubs. Unless things really click for us (as with Reading 2 years ago) the results seen so far will continue in a similar way for the rest of the season.

PG has had such a rebuilding job to do that only with a dozen games or so with a settled side can we really judge. He has been hampered by injuries to Huckerby and Smith and now Fotheringham. The points we have gained thus far could be seen as a bonus as we have not travelled at all well over recent seasons and Soton is not an easy first home fixture either. I don''t think we can expect this effectively wholly new team to come together immediately- even Man Utd who haven''t had such major surgery have had a faltering start and were lucky to get a win on Sunday. So I''m disappointed by the reports of poorish performances but I know that it is going to take some time to gel so no need to get dispirited (or even optimistic) yet.

[quote]Many other teams in the division also have changes to contend with, and the ''team to gel'' excuse is laughable.[/quote]Most other teams do have changes to contend with, my point being that the teams that contend with the changes in the most effective manner will find themselves at the top of the table after 10 games.  Could this explain why Ipswich have started well ?  They''ve signed practically no-one.

the point i was saying behind this thread is that its to early in the season for such negativity, its a nearly new squad that still hasnt been able to gel because of various changes due to injuries, i mean look whats happened to other teams, you can guarantee that man u wont be in a relegation battle because theyre one of the top temas in the country, its not just abou how bad u start its about how u finish, real madrid for instance last season, poor first half to season yet they won the la liga, we all know what sunderland did last season, and of course worked the other way, derby were extemely good but towards the end had to rely on playoff, every year there is always several teams that dont quite do what is expected of them, whod have thought charlton would get relegated, whod hav thought man u would win th prem after chelseas domination i n the previous 2 seasons, even  norwich have had there fair share of surprising people, like there promotion season, and whod have thought wed have beaten man u, so instead of being all negative why not give the team a chance and then if theyre still in the same place after christmas then start to complain but until then either support the club and the team and gt behbind them and cheer them on or shut up and stop whining and find another club if u think the teams that crap, cos if thats the case u aint much of a supporterand no im not a sheep who thinks the sunshines outta ncfc because im not and there a things i think the club needs to do to change but i for one am willing to give them the benfit of the doubt for its a new season and weve a new team, otbc

I couldn''t agree more. It is understandable that Norwich fans tend to see the glass as half empty rather than half full but if the whole of the support is truly behind the team then this will lead to positive results. How much or Worhty''s desmise was down to his ineptitude and how much was down to the negative atmosphere within the club? The negativity is the same kind of attitude we see with England, no-one actually wants them to win. Get behind Grant and the team. Just imagine you''re a player and you hear a rousing Barclay rendition of OTBC it''s bound to help rather than hinder. PEOPLE WHO SAY GRANT OUT OUT!

[quote user="Peter Grunt"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This team are still learning each others'' games.  It will take time for them to gel as a unit, for the manager and players to learn from the mistakes made in early season defeats and draws.  [/quote]

Teams that take time to gel will not get promoted. We must be up the top 1/4 from the start if there is any chance. After the magic 10 games, often quoted, we could already be 12 points or so adrift of the top, and leaving ourselves an impossible climb in this league.

[/quote]

I take your point, but that only applies to finishing top 2, which is not going to happen.

We may finish top 6, and to do that if you are in touch with the top 6 come february/March you''ve got every chance of putting in a late run to secure a top 6 finish.

[quote user="Taiwan Canary"]I couldn''t agree more. It is understandable that Norwich fans tend to see the glass as half empty rather than half full but if the whole of the support is truly behind the team then this will lead to positive results. How much or Worhty''s desmise was down to his ineptitude and how much was down to the negative atmosphere within the club? The negativity is the same kind of attitude we see with England, no-one actually wants them to win. Get behind Grant and the team. Just imagine you''re a player and you hear a rousing Barclay rendition of OTBC it''s bound to help rather than hinder. PEOPLE WHO SAY GRANT OUT OUT![/quote]agreed this is what madfe us strong in our promotion winning season especially at home, it wasnt just the eleven players on the pitch it was 24000+ norwich city fans making the place a daunting ground to play at for the opposition that rousing support has gone ever since we got relegated from th prem after losing to fulham, even away many a game was won by canary fans being louder then the oppositions, but now its just all whinging and whining, have any of the fans who do moan actually thought that maybe its there constant distain for the club and slagging players off thats putting decent players off from coming here, many a fan wants success for the club but that aint gonna happen with no real support,and as for ipswich i hate to say it but i have a friend whos a scummer but shes right, ipswich are top because there fans have been 100% behind them and have made there voices heard,

If the ''negative'' brigade are just a small gaggle of negative gonads at Carra.........why should the squad feel disheartened and lacking in positivity - because an alleged inaudible handful of doom malingering minority air their discontent? I therefore don''t see that as an excuse for pi*s poor performances and an apathetic attitude.

The whole reason for the pre-season friendly games is two-fold, fitness, and ideally, to ''gel'' the squad for the onset of a long season, (and to hopefully assist in getting to know ''each others game'' and ability etc).

And, what''s training for at a superb facility like Colney then? Run about for 2 hours, then a post-shower talk about flashy motors, trashy birds, bibulous bowels an'' booze - then off to Maccy D''s, then the bettin'' shop? Hard Life!

Negativity doesn''t just apply to the whining whingeing weasels, it also applies to and includes the present squad and board of Directors.

22,000+ folk will be ''partisan'' to the efforts of the NCFC squad against Cardiff on Saturday (who still have terracing and a stadium of questionable standard )......and there are many Prem Clubs that would welcome that attendance, the quality of our playing surface and Stadium, its corporate facilities and ''off the field'' activities. WE haven''t a automatic right to be in the top 6 or win every home game. But, for me to accept mid-table mediocrity for another season - would in my eyes, be adopting a defeatist and ''negative'' attitude.

If we are in the hunt in December, I''ll be happy as a pig in shi*e.......If we are struggling, then no more last chance saloon for me, something''s gotta give - and the fans should make their ''negative'' feelings known.......''VOCALLY'' with a vote of ''NO CONFIDENCE!'' Rather than accept the patronising excuses and spinning sanctimonious pap - that is usually broadcast when things are ''below par'' and our fortune is floundering.

I''ll still be there in attendance (and to consistently use my constitutional right, as a fickle fee payin'' fan, to moan, groan, cheer and fear, and drink loadsa beer) long after this current board, manager and squad has served its course, and departed.......Will all of you?[:|]

Megson - Do not get me wrong I am not trying to suggest that negativity is a good thing. I am not worried by our defeat at Hull nor am I going overboard after one win. I am all for being positive but to predict a league win or play off place after the first two games (as some have done on this message board) is plain daft, so it is inevitable that those at the other end of the spectrum (the "negatives") will be as equally daft after one defeat. So in the context of this "daftness" there is no difference between the ultra "positives" and ultra "negatives" as far as I am concerned.