Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Sheff Utd are the main threat

Looking at the fixtures left for each of the main challengers it looks to me that Sheff Utd have the easiest run in as folows:

Watford (A)
Rotherham (A)
Bradford (H)
Derby (H)
Cardiff (A)
Nottm For (H)
Sund (H)
Wimbl (H)
Stoke (H)
Walsall (A)
Ipswich (H)
Preston (A)

Only two games against Ipswich and Sunderland look difficult for them.

Sunderland themselves who have lots of games in hand have a very tricky period towards the end of this lot:

Preston (H)
West Ham (H)
Stoke (H)
Reading (A)
Gillingham (H)
Derby (H)
Cry Pal (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Ipswich (A)
West Brom (H)
Wigan (A)
Crewe (H)
Burnley (A)
in addition to playing us at some point

I don''t care about WBA as I am quite happy with second. Just hope they take points off other contenders.

Wigan look to be out of it as they have four toughies too:

Bradford (A)
West Brom (A)
Coventry (H)
Watford (A)
Wimble (H)
Norwich (A)
Cardiff (H)
Cry Pal (A)
Sunderland (H)
Nottm For (A)
West Ham (H)

and if we beat them at Easter that should be enough.

West Ham dont look to have too many easy ones either:

Wimbledon (H)
Sunderland (A)
Crewe (H)
Millwall (A)
Gillingham (H)
Reading (A)
Derby (H)
Cry Pal (A)
Coventry (H)
Stoke (A)
Watford (H)
Wigan (A)

I reckon Sheff Utd could get to 83/85 with avery good run which means we need to get to 86- 19 pointsfrom 12 games should be achievable with Gillingham, Walsall, Watford, Preston, Crewe and Burnley the main winnable ones.

Can''t see Sheff Utd only losing one and drawing two games out of their next 12 games.

Watford, Rotherham, Stoke and Preston are all maverick clubs that are well capable of springing a suprise.

Loooking at points achieved against games played we have, after 46 games
ie if they continue to pick up the same points on average -

Sunderland 75.6
Wigan 74.9
Sheff Utd 74.4
ispwich 69.6

West Brom are way ahead with 84

and

Norwich 90.6

Given that the 9 or 10 point lead over third place has not narrowed for nearly a month or so there comes a point where we have to lose about four games in a row for them to catch up.

It also requires one of them to win four games at the same time in a row to catch us up.

Time and games are running out - just pray for draws in all games involving two chasingclubs

i was tempted earlier to say that the sunderland and wigan games are the biggest that we have left,simply because they are closest to us. but since then i think that our most important games are those against the lesser clubs who we should be picking up points from.if we manage that there will be no need to be all nervous for the bug games,because we will be so far ahead of everyone else.many wigan fans probably thought that the crewe game was fairly minor,i bet they are not thinking that now

I agree that we need to pick up points against the smaller clubs. I don''t need to remind anyone of bradford do I. Obviously your going to slip up now and then, but we need those points. Points are points, whoever your against. Although playing those sunderland and Wigan games is two birds with one stone. We win, they drop points and put us another three above them. But they can do exactly the same. So what im trying to say is win them all Norwich. Weve only lost 5 all season. None of them with more than a goal difference. Thats 5 in 34, so i doubt were going to lose 4 in 12.

Tumbleweed. Are You Sure.
You said that Sheff Utd have a DIFFICULT game to look forward to against Ips**ch.
Surely it can only be difficilt if someone shows the binners where to put the ball to score!!!
Anyway theyll all still be busy eating their way through all those sour grapes.

No the only threat to City winning this league is from within, if we stop doing the things that have got us this far. Injuries excepted, but now we''ve got adequate cover in most positions, the rest have got it to do and will not do it.

And if we do I cant see us losing again this season.

And I want to see us as Champs, the Honours column needs to get bigger.

Judging by the performance on Sunday, we have only ourselves to fear. The side looked nervous and allowed the scum to play. Only several warning shots and a hairdryer later did they come out and dictate play the way a home side should do and the way they have done.

Nobody has shown the consistency City have, thats'' why we are top. Sheff Utd have sold a key player, Colin sounds increasingly deluded (and that won''t help morale, nor will FA Cup exit) and their form has suffered as a result (compare pre Brown transfer form with post Brown form).

Sunderland simply have too many fixtures and may be happy with a play-off place. If West Brom or City slip-up they will be there to take advantage.

West Ham have left it too late and the rest don''t have sufficient quality, or luck, to accumulate the points needed to overhaul the gap and then maintain it to the finish.

City, on the otherhand, have points on the board, a game in hand on our nearest rivals and some cash to solve potential squad issues (ie no Drury or Brennan and only Shackell in reserve) even if only on a loan basis (why buy now, afterall).

The odds of us winning the championship are 11/10 (best price I could find) so the objective (money making) view from the bookies is that it is ours to lose.

And a final thought - for anyone except WBA to catch us and overtake us requires roughly 2 points per game and need us to take roughly one ppg. 12 points from the remaining fixtures for City would be a disaster of epic proportions... to finish in only a play-off place. What a season!!