Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Otsemobor on the right wing?

Why don''t we try Otsemobor on the right wing. For me he has been our best player, and i would really like to see what he could do on the right wing instead of croft who doesn''t seem to be doing anything constructive. He has to be our quickest player by far and you never know could be the missing spark we are crying out for. Not sure who our cover for right back would be, anyone else know?

You say hes been our best player, then why on earth move him when we have at last found a competent right back since edworthy. Besides just because he has pace it does not instantly make him a good winger, it helps but im sure if the other parts of his game where suited to playing there PG would have him playing there.

[quote user="canaries_07"]You say hes been our best player, then why on earth move him when we have at last found a competent right back since edworthy. Besides just because he has pace it does not instantly make him a good winger, it helps but im sure if the other parts of his game where suited to playing there PG would have him playing there.[/quote]

Just because he has been our best player doesn''t mean you can''t move him does it? I just think he would get more of the ball if he played further up the pitch, we would be alot more dangerous going forward, he has tremendous pace and i think its wasted playing right back.If you had bothered to of gone and watched us this season you might of noticed the lack of pace up front!  For example Bale was playing left back for southampton and now he is playing for spurs and plays on the left wing. Croft is doing absolutely nothing attack wise so whats the harm and lets here your brilliant suggestion?

[quote user="topoftheleague"]

[quote user="canaries_07"]You say hes been our best player, then why on earth move him when we have at last found a competent right back since edworthy. Besides just because he has pace it does not instantly make him a good winger, it helps but im sure if the other parts of his game where suited to playing there PG would have him playing there.[/quote]

Just because he has been our best player doesn''t mean you can''t move him does it? I just think he would get more of the ball if he played further up the pitch, we would be alot more dangerous going forward, he has tremendous pace and i think its wasted playing right back.If you had bothered to of gone and watched us this season you might of noticed the lack of pace up front!  For example Bale was playing left back for southampton and now he is playing for spurs and plays on the left wing. Croft is doing absolutely nothing attack wise so whats the harm and lets here your brilliant suggestion?

[/quote]Er, doesn''t Croft have a couple of assists to his name already this season?

I suppose this is why you are not a football manager.  Player has a couple of good games so lets move him out of his natural position - brialliant, problem solved.....

[quote user="topoftheleague"]Why don''t we try Otsemobor on the right wing. For me he has been our best player, and i would really like to see what he could do on the right wing instead of croft who doesn''t seem to be doing anything constructive. He has to be our quickest player by far and you never know could be the missing spark we are crying out for. Not sure who our cover for right back would be, anyone else know?[/quote]

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="topoftheleague"]

[/quote]

Er, doesn''t Croft have a couple of assists to his name already this season?
[/quote]

Really! ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm which were they then,  and i can''t recall him taking on any defender and beating him.

Against Barnet:

The ball fell to Croft lurking on the right and he in turn put in a low cross that Sagi Burton failed to clear, the ball hitting Brown’s heels and falling kindly to Cureton to poach a second.

And Southampton:

Croft collected the ball on the right from Otsemobor and Croft left footed towards the penalty spot where Cureton controlled it on his chest then swivelled to hit a stunning right foot volley which Davis could only help into the net with one hand.

[quote user="JC"]

I suppose this is why you are not a football manager.  Player has a couple of good games so lets move him out of his natural position - brialliant, problem solved.....

[quote user="topoftheleague"]Why don''t we try Otsemobor on the right wing. For me he has been our best player, and i would really like to see what he could do on the right wing instead of croft who doesn''t seem to be doing anything constructive. He has to be our quickest player by far and you never know could be the missing spark we are crying out for. Not sure who our cover for right back would be, anyone else know?[/quote]

[/quote]

Its called " Having an opinion" and like i said i would like to see what he could do on the right wing because i don''t rate croft!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Against Barnet:

The ball fell to Croft lurking on the right and he in turn put in a low cross that Sagi Burton failed to clear, the ball hitting Brown’s heels and falling kindly to Cureton to poach a second.

And Southampton:

Croft collected the ball on the right from Otsemobor and Croft left footed towards the penalty spot where Cureton controlled it on his chest then swivelled to hit a stunning right foot volley which Davis could only help into the net with one hand.

[/quote]

I would hardly call that an assist against southampton, it was all cureton''s skill and great finish!

Its funny how people on hear shoot you down for making a suggestion for moving a player in a more attacking role. If any one saw spurs at the weekend and gareth bale on the left wing. He was superb with his pace and in many papers was voted best player. Where did he play at southampton. Left back!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don''t we play Cureton CB as well. We need a CB to replace Doherty and Cureton has been playing so we should try him there.

[quote user="Beechy"]Why don''t we play Cureton CB as well.

We need a CB to replace Doherty and Cureton has been playing so we should try him there.
[/quote]

Now you are being damn right stupid!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Against Barnet:

[/quote]

thats a brown assist then.. he had the last touch

jas :)

[quote user="topoftheleague"]

[/quote]

Get your facts straight mate, i have bothered to go to some games, infact iv only missed preston and rochdale tonight. Yeh there is a lack of pace upfront but PG must be addressing that now hpefully in the transfer window. we''v plugged one of the gaps in the team now lets focus on the others such as centre back. Besides i cringe to think of our defence without otsemobor in it. No harm in an opinion mate but i wasn''t havin a go at ya i was actually bein constructive.