Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What is it about too many our new players these days?

They seem to need either

(a) an age to ''settle in'' - if some ever do,

or

(b) an eternity to get ''match fit''.

Anyone agreeing like to have a stab at solving this puzzle?

Beats me. I mean look at Hucks yesterday even without a ''proper pre-season'' - 120 solid minutes plus a penalty.

OTBC

Very good question BBB. They are professional sportsmen, and it is their duty to keep fitness levels up with a season approaching regardless of if they are transfer listed, moving clubs or not. The bedding in and time to gel excuses do not wash with me.

I presume it''s down to a lack of match practice on most parts.

Russell can''t have any excuses now, while Marshall and Otsemobor seem fine as does Cureton.

Brellier has been injured, and  hadnt had a pre-season before joining so i can see why he''s behind but he''s been going for 3 weeks now so surely he should be fit.

Strihvavka''s a little different becasue he needs time to settle in and adjust to the championship, although i havent been that impressed so far.

Murray has had a lack of match practice i think, and i get the feeling the pace of the Scottish game isnt up to Championship standards hence why it takes the Scottish imports w hile to get going.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

They seem to need either

(a) an age to ''settle in'' - if some ever do,

or

(b) an eternity to get ''match fit''.

Anyone agreeing like to have a stab at solving this puzzle?

Beats me. I mean look at Hucks yesterday even without a ''proper pre-season'' - 120 solid minutes plus a penalty.

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear i suggest its mainly posters on here with a complete blindfaith in anything Delia and co scrapping the bottom of a bottle? Im still sticking with PG [although im starting to scratch my head about the defence] as i still firmly believe there is more depth in the team now although the players seem average at the mo. My worry is that maybe they will only ever be average and thats all you will get on limited funds. Prudence with ambition? well ive not seen much in the last ten or so years, maybe im reading the tables wrong!