Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

COULD GRANT TURN CHRIS BROWN INTO A CENTRE HALF?

I admire the guts and commitment of young Chris Brown. I have seen him back defending and put his foot in.

He doen''t look the type to score regular goals though and I have been wondering if he might just be one of those centre forwards who comfortably converts to a centre half.

This could be his future if he is to play consistently at the top level and I wonder if Grant has considered it?

Possible, but worryingly you are starting to think like the club now.

Doherty striker to centre back.

Dublin, as above.

Murray - left back - might cover.

We need to buy a REAL centre back, Doc and Shax can do the job, but they need discipline, and instruction, that can only come from an experienced and knowledgable centre half.

A kind of reverse Chris Sutton! I''d still rather Grant concentrate on him as a striker. After all, it''s great to have a big striker who can come back and put hands to the pump when you''re really under the cosh. Think Drogba!

Check out Chelsea''s goals against us in last years FAC, this should answer the question quite finally for you.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I admire the guts and commitment of young Chris Brown. I have seen him back defending and put his foot in.

He doen''t look the type to score regular goals though and I have been wondering if he might just be one of those centre forwards who comfortably converts to a centre half.

This could be his future if he is to play consistently at the top level and I wonder if Grant has considered it?

[/quote]

Your brave suggesting this aren''t you? I suggested playing semmy in a more attacking role, right wing instead of croft and i got so much stick lol!  I can see were you are coming from though.

sorry to say rude old - i doubt if young brown''s reactions are quick enough.  he''s not first to the loose ball or can control it quick enough to score, and the same would apply in defence -  he''d be too slow to react against quicksilver attackers in defence - can you imagine brown attempting to thwart an ever-alert earnie or poacher like cureton???  can you imagine brown ghosting in to tap-in lappins cross last night like dion did??? for me - browns game is all about hold-up, bringing others into play, and when physically able, bullying and turning defenders before launching unstoppable belters past flapping goalkeepers - in the viduka mould.  i agree he''s improved this term - but his finishing is not upto scratch - i''d personally loan him out to a league 1 side to properly learn his trade and develop physically.  he''s a next season player for city imo - if we are serious about going for top 6 - then someone like steve howard alongside cureton would fit the bill for me.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Now is the time to try it I suggest.[/quote]

No, now is the time to give some of the youth players a go - this is one thing that I have to admit is really starting to p*ss me off about Grant.

Why not just spend some of the £2 million profit that we have made on transfers this window?

Or would that be too simple an answer?

Are you the same silly s*d as the guy who suggestes this on canary call on Saturday?  I cannot believe there are two people on the planet who could come out with such a ridiculous idea.

Gary Docherty, now there is a man who could do a job up front....

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not even Paul Daniels could do that!!

Why worry about turning a centre forward into a centre half?

Yes, we have DD and Shacks suspeneded, but we have others, why not do an ipswich and give the young defenders we have a go

Step Forward:-

Spillane

Halliday

Rossi Jarvis

[/quote]

you really shud take up stand up comedy chris brown centre back u have nearly killed me with fits of laughter from reading this, chris brown as a footballer wud stand u in good stead as a comedian yet alone as centre back JOKE

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sorry to say rude old - i doubt if young brown''s reactions are quick enough.  he''s not first to the loose ball or can control it quick enough to score, and the same would apply in defence -  he''d be too slow to react against quicksilver attackers in defence - can you imagine brown attempting to thwart an ever-alert earnie or poacher like cureton???  can you imagine brown ghosting in to tap-in lappins cross last night like dion did??? for me - browns game is all about hold-up, bringing others into play, and when physically able, bullying and turning defenders before launching unstoppable belters past flapping goalkeepers - in the viduka mould.  i agree he''s improved this term - but his finishing is not upto scratch - i''d personally loan him out to a league 1 side to properly learn his trade and develop physically.  he''s a next season player for city imo - if we are serious about going for top 6 - then someone like steve howard alongside cureton would fit the bill for me. [/quote]sorry to say my earlier comments stand, and probably hold more water.  wish he could''ve proved me wrong - still feel a season loaned out in league 1 wud be the making of him, just as it was for ashton and hulse when crewe went down.