Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

When......

I believe it was Delia quoting the national media when they ran a feature of her on MOTD when we were last in the Premiership. She was being interviewed by the comedian on MOTD2 who''s a Palace fan.

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]She also did it on MotD after we beat Man U![/quote]

You''re right - if I remember correctly she said something like......''just fancy little old Norwich beating Manchester United, who would have thought it'' and then started laughing. I was steaming and could have throttled her! Perhaps someone should have told her that we had beaten them before (more than once) but she wouldn''t remember that would she.    

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

You''re right - if I remember correctly she said something like......''just fancy little old Norwich beating Manchester United, who would have thought it'' and then started laughing. I was steaming and could have throttled her! Perhaps someone should have told her that we had beaten them before (more than once) but she wouldn''t remember that would she.    

[/quote]

I watched that interview and in my view that was meant in jest, however regardless of what our board say (and us, the fans think) we certainly are pictured by most national media outfits as a "small" club.

OTBC!

Chunky

After just about every game in 2004-2005 season.

Also in the build upt to the Chelsea FA Cup 5th round game last year, when I recall she had admitted defeat before the match.

Spot on Chunky. Just like the MOTD2 feature she was poking fun at the nationals that dismissed us as we''re too far away from London for them to bother with us.

OK.

So as far as I can see the last time a member of our board labelled us "little old Norwich'' was on the 9th April 2005. That''s nearly two and a half years ago! Reading this message board sometimes, you would think it was yesterday.

Anybody else think it''s time to forget about it now? Otherwise I will have to conclude that the only people perpetuating the myth that we are a small club are the posters on this message board.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Spot on Chunky. Just like the MOTD2 feature she was poking fun at the nationals that dismissed us as we''re too far away from London for them to bother with us.[/quote]

bull hang!

she believes the Mantra and u and i (and Chunky) both know it....

Remember relegation where she came out with the Pearl "I just wanted to give Nigel a big cuddle!"? little Norwich all over...

jas :)

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

I''m guessing the innuendo in the comment was lost slightly then?

I can honestly say I''ve never felt offended by it. And yes, I am ambitious about the club.

Steve Coppell said something similar of Reading last season. But then maybe that''s different. [^o)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Spot on Chunky. Just like the MOTD2 feature she was poking fun at the nationals that dismissed us as we''re too far away from London for them to bother with us.[/quote]

Yeah...a bit like Manchester...Newcastle....Liverpool.....Sunderland....Bolton....Blackburn....bla de blah de blah....All somewhat further away from London than Norwich I believe.

Small thinking from a small mentality....and if it was poking fun at the nationals (I can''t stop laughing even now)...she simply opened the flood gates of ridicule for all and sundry. No excuses....it was blatant stupidity and high time the "giggley one" kept quiet and disappeared...........

And every single one of those a BIG city (or right next to one) with several MAJOR motorway networks running through and around them

Get your head out of your proverbial for once.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Yeah...a bit like Manchester...Newcastle....Liverpool.....Sunderland....Bolton....Blackburn....bla de blah de blah....All somewhat further away from London than Norwich I believe.

Small thinking from a small mentality....and if it was poking fun at the nationals (I can''t stop laughing even now)...she simply opened the flood gates of ridicule for all and sundry. No excuses....it was blatant stupidity and high time the "giggley one" kept quiet and disappeared...........

[/quote]