Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

one lucky season!!!!!

So said more than one poster when we signed Jamie Cureton. I had always wanted Worthy to sign him everytime I saw Jamie off to a new club whilst we laboured on with Iwan as a one man strike force. I''ve said before that Cureton is not only a great goalscorer (in terms of numbers) but he scores great goals. You saw the proof today. The boy is class in front of goal and strikes the ball so well. Yet still there are people who want him to ....''work harder'' and ''improve his link up play''. I say just give him the service and he will score a shed full for us this season. Today his service was to try and deal with the predictable stream of hoof ball that went his way in that appalling first 55 minutes or so. Once Fozzy got on the ball and we started moving things about you saw the outcome.

Well done Jamie - you could see how much it means to him to be back at Carrow Road, keep fit and we''ll get 20+ goals from him this season.      

Jamie Cureton had 2 chances today.. and scored Both...

rob Earnshaw took 7 or 8 chances then might of scored one of them... i know who id rather have...

jas :)

He was quality today, his two strikes were fantaitic in very different ways. The first was hit with power and accuracy, when he knew he was going to be closed down quickly and the second the speed of his turn was fantastic and the result was there for all to see. Earnie was worth a lot and we were paid a lot but Jamie, in real terms, was not a lot so we have a bargain, especially as he wants to be here and it is not just a stepping stone.

I knew that first goal would go in. An indirect free kick for approx 6 yards away is almost certain to go in IMO. The second "turn and strike" goal was just class. Shame hes twice been denied going for a hat-trick by being subbed but he was replaced by Dave the Striker, whom we all want to see do well.

If he stays fit Cureton will score 30 goals and we''ll all be saying ''Robert who?'' just as we sit down and notice him on the subs bench while watching match of the day, where we see Derby falling to relegation.

Shame