Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Green Left Out

Im am really suprised that rob green''s been left out of the england squad. His performances at the end of last season for west sham were very good, and i''m not sure exactly what he has to do to get in the squad regulalry.

Fair enough Paul Robinson is a settled number one and a memer of the squad, but after that there isnt in my opinion anyone better than green. What i''ve seen of Scott Carson hasnt led me to believe that he''s a top top keeper, prone to errors i would say. David James is again unreliable, but on his day i admit he is a very good shot stopper and keeper. However, at his age, especially that he isnt number one, there is no point having him in the squad, the younger guys need to get that crucial experience.

What do we want McCLAREN OUT, when do want it NOW.

Other interesting points in the squad, are that he''s picked Kieron Dyer. I for one wouldnt have him at the moment, he''s not proved enough over the last couple of years, with all his injuries and he needs to do more. David Bentley, despite all his problems during the summer should be included because the trouble we are in at the moment, we need our best players and Bently last season proved he''s good enough.

And why oh why is Alan Smith in the sqaud, he''s a striker who doesnt score goals, and he''s still been playing in midfield for Newcastle of which he aint up to international standards. I know dean ashton didnt actually play in west hams opener, but that alan curbishleys loss, surely he would be better than smith? There are too many similar forwards in the sqaud who cant in my opinion play together (owen, bent, defoe and johnson).

PGTA, sadly this is the same manager who picked Phil Neville in his last experimental friendly team.

No hope of reaching the Euro''s I''m afraid.

David Bentley turned his back on his country, he deserves everything he''s got coming to him. Lazy, arrogant swine.

Green should be included. BENTLEY must never play for England. It was the timing of his decision to drop out. Pearce was not allowed to replace him because he had already named his squad officially. Bentley is a disgrace andf he does not deserve a full Engalnd cap.

[quote user="Mook"]

David Bentley turned his back on his country, he deserves everything he''s got coming to him. Lazy, arrogant swine.

[/quote]Yep agreed turned England down does not matter what level unforgivable

In my opinion David James is, by some distance, the best English goalkeeper in the game at the moment. He''s definitely nearer the end of his career than the beginning but he''ll still be good for another 3 or 4 years because he''s also an excellent athlete. Despite his ''Calamity'' label in the past he''s now performing at his very best because he''ll want to be remembered for the right reasons.

So yeah...he''d be my choice without doubt.

As for David Bentley...maybe if Steve McClaren had been brave enough to include him earlier, as he should have done, then this problem wouldn''t have occured.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Typical of todays footballers. One decent season and they act like divas. This man should never have the honour of wearing any england shirt, in fact send the sod to scotland!

Robinson has been average for the last season and a half, and has never commanded the back line for England the way that Seaman or James has, and I''m not even that keen on James.Greeno deserved a place, but as has already been pointed out, with the clueless Mclaren in charge, we''ll never win anything, or select the best players for the job. Guess we''ve got more games to watch whereby Lampard and Gerrard play together despite showing on the 30 odd other occasions that it doesn''t work...As for Bentley, I think a lot of the comments are harsh, we were hardly calling Sutton a disgrace when he refused to play for the England ''B'' team were we? Sutton deserved his place, as does Bentley, who has been excellent for Blackburn (Much like Sutton was...).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Robinson has been average for the last season and a half, and has never commanded the back line for England the way that Seaman or James has, and I''m not even that keen on James.

Greeno deserved a place, but as has already been pointed out, with the clueless Mclaren in charge, we''ll never win anything, or select the best players for the job. Guess we''ve got more games to watch whereby Lampard and Gerrard play together despite showing on the 30 odd other occasions that it doesn''t work...

As for Bentley, I think a lot of the comments are harsh, we were hardly calling Sutton a disgrace when he refused to play for the England ''B'' team were we? Sutton deserved his place, as does Bentley, who has been excellent for Blackburn (Much like Sutton was...).
[/quote]

As a fairly neutral observer in this (I''m Irish and I don''t care what England''s manager does) I find it surprising that Beckham is back in the squad.  Others may know better but I would doubt he is anywhere near international match fit.  Perhaps he will be for the Euro matches, perhaps he won''t.

I''d be very surprised if James plays (I would have been surprised if Green had played) so I am not sure what that is all about really.

It is a matter of personal opinion, of course, but I think if you turn down the chance to play for your country or at least turn down being  asked it does at least raise questions.  I note that your young Joe Lewis appears "over the moon" on being asked. 

I was once "over the moon" on being selected for a League XI.  I took it as an official vote of confidence at the time but that was a very long while ago.  I still have the letter, however.

Saddo, me!

[quote user="GJP"]

As for David Bentley...maybe if Steve McClaren had been brave enough to include him earlier, as he should have done, then this problem wouldn''t have occured.

[/quote]Oh Jeez no, surely no-one believes that a 22-year old has a right to a place in the senior national side. Bentley had one good season, and expected the earth. Here''s a kid who turned up here as a teenage loanee, a nonentity from Arsenal, driving a Cadillac Escalade, and he thinks it''s easy. He''s an average player by international standards, glittering occasionally like one of his own ear studs, but that''s it. I felt sorry for Chris Sutton, who had achieved much more, but definitely not for Bentley.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Oh Jeez no, surely no-one believes that a 22-year old has a right to a place in the senior national side. Bentley had one good season, and expected the earth. Here''s a kid who turned up here as a teenage loanee, a nonentity from Arsenal, driving a Cadillac Escalade, and he thinks it''s easy. He''s an average player by international standards, glittering occasionally like one of his own ear studs, but that''s it. I felt sorry for Chris Sutton, who had achieved much more, but definitely not for Bentley.
[/quote]

Well I don''t really think I was saying that he has a "right" to a place in the squad at all. I think my point was that he was playing well enough to be included at an earlier stage.

Bentley deserves a place in the squad despite deciding he was too tired for the U21''s .

Funny how Carragher can have a hizzy fit and decide that he wont play for England EVER again and our manager goes crawling too him asking him to come back yet Bentley gets told to * off and loses his place cos he was not up to the U21 championship.

Double standards from the FA as usual and favouring the big clubs and players at the expense of those outside!

[quote user="camuldonum"]

As a fairly neutral observer in this (I''m Irish and I don''t care what England''s manager does) I find it surprising that Beckham is back in the squad.  Others may know better but I would doubt he is anywhere near international match fit.  Perhaps he will be for the Euro matches, perhaps he won''t.

[/quote]

The difference in our performances against brazil & estonia with beckham back in the squad was immense quite simply we need him if we have any chance of qualification.

Perhaps if the clueless mclaren had never dropped him he would still be playing for a top european team instead of going to LA Galaxy thinking his international career was over.

P.S Greeno should be england''s no2 behind james

David James and Sol Campbell received call-ups after a while out inthe international wilderness. Wow. What is with bringing old former players back to play? Norwich have done it during this summer. Although maybe Carlton Palmer might consider ending his retirement if the chance of another international call-up was put on offer.....

quote whoareyou?

Bentley deserves a place in the squad despite deciding he was too tired for the U21''s .

Funny how Carragher can have a hizzy fit and decide that he wont play for England EVER again and our manager goes crawling too him asking him to come back yet Bentley gets told to * off and loses his place cos he was not up to the U21 championship.

Double standards from the FA as usual and favouring the big clubs and players at the expense of those outside!

I''ve never thought of that.

Very goo point indeed!

McClaren Out!

You lot confuse me.Its not ok for Bentley to pull out of an England u21 squad, yet you got annoyed when Safri was called to play at full internation level for Morroco and say he should have put his club first.So which is it, club or country?