Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Defensive line in Premier....

A lot has been posted about how Malks and Flem won''t be able to handle life in the Prem should we go up (which week by week looks ever more likely).

Well, admittedly they may struggle against Henry, Nistleroy, and Mutu but so do everyone else and I reckon they wouldn''t be too far off up against the rest of the league.

Green, Drury, Malks, Flem, Shackell, Edworthy are in my opinion as at least as good as the back line of the bottom half of the Prem. Briggs hasn''t had his chance so its hard to take a complete view on him.

These guys are ALL heroes - we shouldn''t be walking these guys out of the door until at least they have had their chance.

By all means start thinking about covering these and other positions, we all realise there will be changes next season if we make it up, but come on - while these guys hold the shirt they deserve ever last ounce of our support - for the rest of this season as well as next.

12 games to go - 17 points will do it I''m sure. As someone else pointed out, if you look at the round robin nature of the games left for the top teams its unlikely that 2 teams will get more than 83pts.

The match i''m looking least forward to at the moment is Stoke at home - they''re on a hell of a run at the moment - and even Akinbiyi is scoring regularly...

No game is going to be easy - we must not get complacent - I''m sure Worthy will keep them focused - especially after what could have happened yesterday (but it didn''t - ha!ha!)

OTBC

Yeah if you look at any of the Premiership teams back line, you wouldn''t see three 30 years old players in the regular team lines-up, but consider our players, they had played at least 3 or 4 seasons TOGETHER and that should be no problem for the teamwork, think if we get a wholesale of changes at the back, liked Manchester City a few season ago when Joe Royle in charge of them, they must be in deep trouble!

I still hope Shackell will have a chance to play more games with Fleming or MacKay, but I agree Fleming and MacKay wouldn''t b ideal partner in the Premiership -- but don''t write them off! Briggs should also given chances too!

No lets dump Malky and Flem andbring in a couple of cheapo foreign has beens or never weres and put them in the middle of our derefence, se who Leeds put there and one a World cup winner and they were truly appalling.

Yes I think we will suffer when we get to the promised land and the likelihood we will come straight back down, like so many others. I don''t want to see the Premiership fortunes wasted on exhorbitant wasges for useless foreign imports who add nothing to the English Game or our club, remember Finidi George. Use the Premiership cash wisely and set the club up for the future.

The team that got us there deserve to be involved in trying to keep us there, if were not good enough don''t waste the cash trying to save a sinking ship.

I think Malky& Flem will be revelations in the Prem and deserves the chance to prove it, my need an injection of pace however.

Well in 1998 a certain team won the premiership with FOUR thirty year olds in the backline - adams, keown, dixon, winterburn. So what we really need to do is drop Drury and bring in Graeme Le Saux!!