Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Norwich v Southampton - match thread

Norwich City: Marshall; Otsemobor, Shackell, Doherty, Drury; Croft, Brellier, Russell, Lappin; Cureton, Brown. Subs: Gilks, Dublin, Chadwick, Fotheringham, Strihavka.Southampton: Davis, Wright, Thomas, Makin, Skacel, Dyer, Viafara, Safri, Surman, Rasiak, Jones. Subs: Bialkowski, Ostlund, Saganowski, Wright-Phillips, Hammill.Referee: Clive Oliver (Northumberland). Mr Oliver has never officiated at a Norwich match, home or away.

I got back today after a 40 hour journey, no sleep for over 24 hours,  so u had better win!

Glad to see Brellier is fit because now we can see a direct contest between him and Safri (as well as it giving us a more solid looking spine).  Saints have some good players but confidence must be low, so here is hoping for 2-0 to City with Brown finally breaking his duck.

Come on you yellows.

Here we go 1-0 down at home with it all to do at the start of another nothing season, I hope we turn it around but really we are where we are meant to be an average championship side.  We talk a good game but when it comes to actually delivering we come up short again and again and again!  By the way Grant is not good enough. Am ready for more unhappy saturday afternoons!

OTBC

St.John

Listening on Radio Norfolk it sure sounds ugly.  Adams highlights again what we all know - we need a couple of new central defenders.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Here we go 1-0 down at home with it all to do at the start of another nothing season, I hope we turn it around but really we are where we are meant to be an average championship side.  We talk a good game but when it comes to actually delivering we come up short again and again and again!  By the way Grant is not good enough. Am ready for more unhappy saturday afternoons!

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]blimey, the season has only just got going, have some patience or go and do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

Its is only the first home game agreed, its not the losing which is so bad but the way we are losing. We look awful, the first few games set the tone for the season, give the players confidence and belief.  We are not doing this, and if by the end of the season we miss out on the playoffs by a point or 2 or worse are relegated by a point of  2 you want be saying but it was ok as we lost games early on. Every point is crucial!  How I would have liked a extra pont to 2 from the beginning of our lat premiership season, it would have kept us up!.  No doubt you thought it does not matter its only the start of the seaso, chill out, do something else.  I know what I would takes the points, you would just accept what reults come your way...pathetic

OTBC

St.John

Absolutely awful so far, southampton are walking all over us, should be 2-3 nil down

Its is only the first home game agreed, its not the losing which is so bad but the way we are losing. We look awful, the first few games set the tone for the season, give the players confidence and belief.  We are not doing this, and if by the end of the season we miss out on the playoffs by a point or 2 or worse are relegated by a point of  2 you want be saying but it was ok as we lost games early on. Every point is crucial!  How I would have liked a extra pont to 2 from the beginning of our lat premiership season, it would have kept us up!.  No doubt you thought it does not matter its only the start of the seaso, chill out, do something else.  I know what I would takes the points, you would just accept what reults come your way...pathetic

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]no i just know a game is over 90 minutes and a season 46 games.... 1 - 1

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]Absolutely awful so far, southampton are walking all over us, should be 2-3 nil down[/quote]Typical soon as I say that we score, however we are damn lucky to be level.

Surprise surprise!!  1-1!  The game has turned around.  Sounds like we''ve woken up at last.

1-1 great, that is why i said I hope the 2nd half is better!  Still it hardly gives one confidence for the other 44 games over what is it again...oh yes 90 minutes plus stoppage time (you forgot to add.) Does it you?

2-1 now which makes us all happy 3 points would be good but i still have serious doubt over our quality! But would be more than happy to be proved wrong! Whether we agree or disagree at least we all have good taste and support the same team (LOL)

OTBC

St.John

1-1 great, that is why i said I hope the 2nd half is better!  Still it hardly gives one confidence for the other 44 games over what is it again...oh yes 90 minutes plus stoppage time (you forgot to add.) Does it you?

2-1 now which makes us all happy 3 points would be good but i still have serious doubt over our quality! But would be more than happy to be proved wrong! Whether we agree or disagree at least we all have good taste and support the same team (LOL)

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]Cant offer an informed opinion on the match as im not there but it sounds like we still have a problem giving a performance for 90 minutes, but as its early days of the season im not overly concerned.I''ll reserve judgement on how we will do when i know more about our signings, so i would give it the usual 10 games.  I do think Fotheringham is going to be a revelation with a decent pre season behind him.

Clearly it''s not over yet, but last season we would have just curled up and died at 1 down at half time. For us to get 2 goals back shows that the team have a completely different mentality from this time 12 months ago. This is really promising - even if we don''t get all three points today (fingers crossed we do!).

Some things never change though - Doc''s booked again...

Oh well

Ben

Get in there..quality result. I''m glad Cureton is on his way..looks like a great replacement for earnie even if it is early doors.
Who got man of the match?

[quote user="YoungCanary"]Get in there..quality result. I''m glad Cureton is on his way..looks like a great replacement for earnie even if it is early doors.
Who got man of the match?[/quote]

jamie cureton