Sign in to follow this  
YoungCanary

New Signings

So what does everyone think of them?

Cureton-passion for the club..goalscorer looks promising
Fotheringham-looks like a good squad player
Lappin-looks ok..competent cover for Hucks or Drury.
Marshall-Quality keeper
Strihavka-havnt seen him yet..any comment?
Ostembour-havnt seen or heard about him..comment?
Chadwick-good competition with croft..but croft has stepped up and earnt his place
Brown-promising in pre-season..needs confidence
Brellier-havnt seen him yet but looking foreward to see how he adapts to our game.should be good

Whats all your views

From what i''ve heard:Cureton- Obviously a passionate player like hucks, wants to be here. said to be 20 goal a season player.Fotheringham- changed todays game, a player starting to find his feet.Lappin- good at crossing and still fidning his feet a bit. competent and good cover.Marshall- no comment neccesaryStrihavka- needs time to settle. this isn''t his season but maybe next season is.Ostemobor- very very fast, made an immense run against southampton. very quick and said to be an awesome signing.Chadwick- looks like a tricky player and can change games, the right wing is wide open with croft challenging as wellBrown- hard to play against, needs his goal but holds up very well.Brellier- once fit will be immense. just need to keep the card count downRussel- seems competent enough, will just need to gel with brellier in the centre and we have a hard as rocks centre parkGilks- hasn''t had much to do as of yet but i reckon he''s going to be good cover for marshall and wouldnt it be good to see him take that no1 spot? a keeper who excels marshall. and interesting positional scrap there.

Cureton - Golden Boot winner of the Championship last year at Colchester - That''s pretty good on its own. The fact that he has a point to prove to Norwich also helps. I think he''s a really good addition.

Otsemobor - I think he is a gem and the best purchase Grant has made. He adds real pace, brightness and drive to the right hand side. He''s not only quick, but powerful and won''t get bullied. He and Croft look like forming a pretty good double act down that right hand side and are developing a good understanding of each other''s play. He also has the pace to get himself out of trouble in defence. Really impressive.

Brown - He was bought last season but was injured. I''ve been impressed by what little I''ve seen this year. He also seems to understand the Croft-Otsemobor pairing and links well with them. I think he may prove a very shrewd purchase.

Marshall - Aboslute quality, international player with a presence at the back. He maintains our healthy tradition of high standards of goalkeeping.

Fotheringham - Still not sure. Could well develop into a good buy but could equally disappear from the radar. Has the potential to be a regular starter as he''s definitely got that bit of creative spark that is missing in other midfielders.

Lappin - More than competent. Adds threat with his free-kicks (Barnsley), delivers good crosses to Brown/ Cureton and solid defensively. I think this member of the Tartan |Mafia has been a definite plus.

Chadwick - As long as he can stay injury-free, and that''s a big if, he certainly has the quality and experience to be an asset. Other than Huckerby, we have no starts (OK, maybe Dion - but he''s very unassuming) and this team look balanced and prepared to work for each other. I think Chadwick is an interesting addition.

Brellier - Haven''t seen him but from the reports up North he sounds as if he could become something of a cult hero. Could go either way. Let''s hope it works out.

[quote user="YoungCanary"]

Marshall-Quality keeper
Chadwick-good competition with croft..but croft has stepped up and earnt his place
Brellier-havnt seen him yet but looking foreward to see how he adapts to our game.should be good

Whats all your views

[/quote]

Cureton - Natural goalscorer, two crackers today, pity he''s now 32.

Fotheringham - There is talent there, more creative than a ball winner, needs a run in the side.

Lappin - Solid, reliable.

Marshall - Quality, apart from Southamptons second goal ( which of course did''nt count )

Strihavka - Not shown much yet, we may have to be patient

Ostembor - Looks a class act, very comfortable going forward or defending

Chadwick - A reasonable championship player, I don''t think he well get any better

Brown - Committed, improving ( but needs to carry on improving ). No pace ( but neither did Iwan )

Brellier - Never been on pitch long enough to assess. Very similar type of player to Russell.

Russell - Gives his all, when he loses ball he chases back. Passing needs to improve.

Grant has done a Superb job getting the right people....

... To think last year, we got Croft......... Worthington, you suck!

Ostembor was very very impressive today and looked like a top championship RBCureton was wonderfulRussell was well russell at his tenacious best

[quote user="Mister Carrow"][quote user="YoungCanary"]

Marshall-Quality keeper

Whats all your views

[/quote]

Cureton - Natural goalscorer, two crackers today, pity he''s now 32.

Fotheringham - There is talent there, more creative than a ball winner, needs a run in the side.

Lappin - Solid, reliable.

Marshall - Quality, apart from Southamptons second goal ( which of course did''nt count )

Strihavka - Not shown much yet, we may have to be patient

Ostembor - Looks a class act, very comfortable going forward or defending

Chadwick - A reasonable championship player, I don''t think he well get any better

Brown - Committed, improving ( but needs to carry on improving ). No pace ( but neither did Iwan )

Brellier - Never been on pitch long enough to assess. Very similar type of player to Russell.

Russell - Gives his all, when he loses ball he chases back. Passing needs to improve.

[/quote]

Well done Norwich today but don''t knock 32 year olds - a 41 year old still fit and exceeding sharp kept us in our match today with Barnsley.  Great display by the 10-man fighting U''s (keeper sent off after 25 mins).

Watch out for Dave Hill, referee, completely lost the plot.  Both sides mostly baffled by his decisions.  Nice to see Jamie finding the net for you - we do miss him, of course, but that''s life.

We hope to give you a good game at Layer Road.

Cureton- Great signing, will bag 30 goals, who needs earnshaw!                                                 Fotheringham - Shwoing us what he and Grant promiseed. Good player to have
Lappin- Good squad player, bargain at 50k.
Strihavka - May need time to adjust, but has sgown glimpes of what he can do.                                       Otsemobor - The right back we''ve needed for a while, young and attacks well.                                     

Marshall - May have had some errors, but great shot stopper, alot better than what weve had.

Brellier - When ge gets his fitness up i''m sure he''ll come good.

Russel- Good aquisition, will get better

I''ve never doubted Jamie''s ability, not even for 1 nano second! in fact, it was him signing for us and Worthy getting the boot which promted me to drop all my anti club posts.

I''ve also great faith in the rest of Granty''s signings too.

As I''ve said elsewhere, life is grand.[:D]