Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

Suggestion for WebTeam - Web 'Oscars'

Just a thought but could there be an annual/monthly prize for poster of the year/month.
Not just based on volumes but on interesting threads made and contributed to, provocative or inspirational thoughts etc.
Prize could be...match tickets, meal, hairdo like hucks whatever?
There could even be a booby prize - e.g tickets to Binners!

I like this idea kitters - after all, there have been some excellent posts on these boards since I joined. Who can forget the will he/won''t he/should we debate pre xmas? How would it be judged? I would like to see the posters nominate their favourite, giving reasons why!

The web team reckon you''re all winners . . .
Could be complicated - I suppose we could get nominations from fellow posters, take the top five, then have a vote? Not sure we''d do it monthly, though.
Prizes - have most people here got season tickets already? Should it be something else - a shirt?
Suggestions for method and prizes welcome and we''ll have a think . . .
Celia
Web team

Celia, I think the first place to start would be to work out what category or categories are up for grabs, then let the posters nominate accordingly. After that, I think your suggestion is a winner. I think a VIP day out at Carrow Road for a match would make a decent prize, especially if you could add a day at Colney training with the first team to it.......

By the way Celia, how often do you have to remove or rewrite posts for this site? I just wondered, as it seems to me that most of the posters on here are pretty level headed and sensible people who are passionate about their beloved Canaries, so I wouldn''t expect the figure to be too high.

How often do we have to remove or rewrite posts for this site?
Not very often: I think people are aware that if they go too far - in terms of language or libel - the post won''t get through, so they write appropriately. We do try to keep our hands off the messages as much as possible!
Although the moderation causes a delay, I think we have a really good debate here thanks to the posters.

I agree - this is by far the best message board I have been to, and the delay is usually minimal (at least when I''m on here). Thanks for your swift response! Maybe a suggestion for a Web Oscar would be ''Best Moderator''?!

I like that idea (but only if I win - although I''m willing to accept Best Moderator in a Supporting Role).

I think the test of a good thread is the number of responses you get to it (Most of mine get none!). Some go onto more than one page and get quite heated. Even if a thread was in some peoples opinion a load of rubbish if it stirs up controversy and argument that is what the message board is all about. Difficult to quantify I admit but something to bear in mind.