Sign in to follow this  
The Penguin

Never been a fan of fozzy.....but

I have never been a huge fan of Fozzy, but today i thought he was awesome, really changed the game when he came on, hopefully he will be back soon, and prove me wrong.

I also thought Drury had a great game today, and handled Wright -Phillips really well.

[quote user="The Penguin"]

I have never been a huge fan of Fozzy, but today i thought he was awesome, really changed the game when he came on, hopefully he will be back soon, and prove me wrong.

I also thought Drury had a great game today, and handled Wright -Phillips really well.

[/quote]

Wright-Phillips was sub today. The little winger was Andrew Surman.

"I have never been a huge fan of Fozzy, but today i thought he was awesome, really changed the game when he came on, hopefully he will be back soon, and prove me wrong"

Had you even given him a chance then..he''d barely had a chance except for the end of last season..you can''t judge players too quickly...ie Drogba for example..rubbish 1st season..2nd season amazing

[quote user="The Penguin"]

[/quote]

Fozzy completely changed the game for us today, very good decision by Grant to bring him on. At last we can bring on players who are as good as those already on the field to change things. Too many times last season subs only made things worse.

I have woried in the past about his lack of pace but today we did see the creative side of him and he was pretty good. Lets hope the injury isn`t serious.

First close look I`ve had at Stiker today, I saw him against West Ham and I think Barnet but he was down the wrong end of the pitch, saw him close up today and to me he looks to have terrific potential, hard running, pace, reasonable feet,  I think by the end of the season he wil be a bit of a star.

[quote user="YoungCanary"]"I have never been a huge fan of Fozzy, but today i thought he was awesome, really changed the game when he came on, hopefully he will be back soon, and prove me wrong"

Had you even given him a chance then..he''d barely had a chance except for the end of last season..you can''t judge players too quickly...ie Drogba for example..rubbish 1st season..2nd season amazing[/quote]

I`ve seen every match he has played in, i call it as i see it, i never said he would never come good, but from the performances i`ve seen i have not been overly impressed, but credit him for a great performance against Southampton.

Lets hope he can become a great player for us.

Fotheringham turned the game. No doubt. The best I have since him play so far. Last season he was no more than a bit-part player. But if he can impose himself on the midfield like that more often, he could be very useful. His injury did look pretty serious though.

I have so far not been convinced about fozzy, but i agree with everything that has been said. He turned the game for us , took control of the ball and used it with great effect.If he can keep this up (hope injury is not to bad) he might be the replacement for safri we are looking for.GRANT OUT

i thought he changed the game when he came on, he had his best half in canary colurs, he got at southampton well and ruffled the midfield well. i thought russell looked better with him alongside also. i hope his injury is not serious because i feel he should start next week if hes fit.

I`ve seen every match he has played in, i call it as i see it, i never said he would never come good, but from the performances i`ve seen i have not been overly impressed, but credit him for a great performance against Southampton.

Lets hope he can become a great player for us.

Here here! i just think he needed pre-season with the squad to know the team and have good fitness.

This isn''t a fluke, he has had a good pre-season. Saw him at Lynn and he was mighty impressive. His delivery from set pieces is a bonus also, and how about that attempt from the freekick yesterday?! He has the energy and desire of Hughes but with a much better football brain.

fozzy''s fitness (lack of) blighted his efforts last season - he''s obviously knuckled down and worked hard to get fitter and from what we saw against barnet and soton - its working.  well done to him thus far.  hope for him and city - his injury isn''t as bad as it looked.