Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Gallacher To Dunfermline 6 month Loan

Paul Gallagher on 6 month loan
Sat 18th August
Ex Dundee United goalkeeper who went to Norwich is to come to Dunfermline on a 6 month loan, due to the injury to Roddy McKenzie on Thursday night''s UEFA cup tie. With only Sean Murdoch available DAFC quickly scoured the country for a replacement, and acquired the services of Gallacher who will be on loan until January.

http://www.dafc.net/

Hopefully we can flog him for a bit of money! It''s not like we need him anymore and he wont be happy without playing 1st team football

Dunfermline, they are not even in the top tier of Scottish Football.....

....Well Done Gallacher, you''ve really impressed everyone!

Gallagher has been totally professional in the way he''s managed himself in his time at Carrow Road. There has been not a peep from him in the press about being constantly demoted behind a string of loan keepers and grant has remarked how he has made each one welcome and maintained his standards in training.

He deserves our respect for that and I feel that City should let clubs know he''d be available on a free as a thank you for his attitude during what has been a difficult time for him at Carrow Road.

d

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Gallagher has been totally professional in the way he''s managed himself in his time at Carrow Road. There has been not a peep from him in the press about being constantly demoted behind a string of loan keepers and grant has remarked how he has made each one welcome and maintained his standards in training.

He deserves our respect for that and I feel that City should let clubs know he''d be available on a free as a thank you for his attitude during what has been a difficult time for him at Carrow Road.

d

[/quote]

Totally agree. The fella has never moaned about the situation he found himself in and when called upon always imo done his best. I  think its harsh to slate the lad and i for one wish him all the best.

d

[/quote]

I second that, he''s not good enough for our first team BUT his attitude has been unbelievably good

d

[/quote]

Well said CC, good luck to Paul - a good professional, hope he gets the first team football he deserves.

As a reserve goalie you couldn''t really ask for more, when he came he was #3 (behind greeno and ward). He''s trained well according to Grant, always been ready and lets be honest if Ward hadn''d had a dodgy back it would have been Ward between the sticks last season with Gally as reserve. Honestly I can''t fault the guy, good luck to him.

d

[/quote]

For sure - Gallagher is a pro - unless free-loaders like Thorne, even when Gall knew he was never going to be first choice was always the consumate professional. I hope he is successful where ever he goes...   

d

[/quote]I echo what everyone else has said. Completely agree with every word. It hasn''t worked out here but has been a model professional and done his best for this club by trying to help out the other keepers that came in on loan, even when not playing he was helping the team. Good luck and if for any reason he does ever make a return to Carrow Road I hope we all remember it and give him a cheer. I find it hard to say a bad word about him because of his attitude (and he does have ability as a keeper just never quite confident enough in him)