Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Tonight's reserve game

Obviously I can''t be sure of the formation for this confirmed starting 11 on the official site but.....

------------------------Gilks---------------------

Cave-Brown-----Spillane----Halliday------Eagle

Martin-------Chadwick-------Rossi Jarvis----Hux

---------Ryan Jarvis--------Strihavka-------

Subs: Arnold, Smart, Miller, Mclean, Renton

• Eagle, from what i''ve seen of him, is no good at LB. (we really need another LB as Lappin is more valuable in midfield IMHO)
  • Chadwick is a winger, although i''m sure he''ll manage fine in centre-mid, not exactly practice for a match-day is it?
  • Chris Martin, not only is he looking at limited games but when he actually plays he''s on the wing, unless we''re going to play some kind of ultra attacking 4-2-4 formation, and he is clearly a striker, NOT a winger.
  • I know the fitness element is a big part of it for the pro''s but this must be frustrating.
  • Does anyone else agree that there is no advantage for club or player in Ryan Jarvis still being here, we don''t need him, he''s not going to get a game?
  • I''d prefer to have Bally Smart on the right and Martin up top with DTS

Big night for Gilks, Spillane, and DTS tonight so good luck to them and obviously we''ll all be keeping our fingers crossed that Hux is back for good, no Michael Owen syndrome please footballing god''s!!!!

i think Martin will be in central midfield, thats where he has played most of his life, i think Rossi J will hold and let the other 3 bomb forward

[quote user="David Freezer"]

Obviously I can''t be sure of the formation for this confirmed starting 11 on the official site but.....

------------------------Gilks---------------------

Cave-Brown-----Spillane----Halliday------Eagle

Martin-------Chadwick-------Rossi Jarvis----Hux

---------Ryan Jarvis--------Strihavka-------

Subs: Arnold, Smart, Miller, Mclean, Renton

• Eagle, from what i''ve seen of him, is no good at LB. (we really need another LB as Lappin is more valuable in midfield IMHO)

• Chadwick is a winger, although i''m sure he''ll manage fine in centre-mid, not exactly practice for a match-day is it?

• Chris Martin, not only is he looking at limited games but when he actually plays he''s on the wing, unless we''re going to play some kind of ultra attacking 4-2-4 formation, and he is clearly a striker, NOT a winger.

• I know the fitness element is a big part of it for the pro''s but this must be frustrating.

• Does anyone else agree that there is no advantage for club or player in Ryan Jarvis still being here, we don''t need him, he''s not going to get a game?

• I''d prefer to have Bally Smart on the right and Martin up top with DTS

Big night for Gilks, Spillane, and DTS tonight so good luck to them and obviously we''ll all be keeping our fingers crossed that Hux is back for good, no Michael Owen syndrome please footballing god''s!!!!

[/quote]

I completely agree in answer to your question - we have martin, strihavka, cureton, dubin, huckerby, brown, renton, possibly smart (i''m not sure where he plays) as people who can play striker. renton and smart are in there because they''ve not had a chance, martin is a good up and coming striker - why do we need jarvis, i don''t think he''s good enough to get into the first team and he is stopping young players with potential from playing and therefore showing what they can do.

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"]i think Martin will be in central midfield, thats where he has played most of his life, i think Rossi J will hold and let the other 3 bomb forward[/quote]

That''s interesting NCFC_Chris, I didn''t know that about Martin. Did he play there in his youth days? How come he''s come through as a striker then? He looked so good there last season!

[quote user="David Freezer"]

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"]i think Martin will be in central midfield, thats where he has played most of his life, i think Rossi J will hold and let the other 3 bomb forward[/quote]

That''s interesting NCFC_Chris, I didn''t know that about Martin. Did he play there in his youth days? How come he''s come through as a striker then? He looked so good there last season!

[/quote]

yeah he played in midfield through the junior sides all the way up untill the u18 side i think, from what i''ve seen of him he''s more than comfortable playing behind the strikers or in central midfield. I do agree with you on him being ineffective wide

Anybody know if it''s possible to bet on reserve games anywere? Could be quite handy sometimes when it''s half the first team squad playing :)

4 - 0 victory with goals from Ryan Jarvis, Martin, Halliday and Strihavka.  Huckerby had a 55 minute run out and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

[quote user="cityangel"]We won 4-0 and Hucks played for about an hour [:)][/quote]

Good practice for his new impact player role then, eh CA?

OTBC