Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Petition to get Roy Waller Back - Sign Here!

This is what Roy used to give us on Radio Norfolk:-

"He''s got the ball, good pass, no, yes, it''s been intercepted. Good tackle, oh he''s got it back. Well played there. Up the field, good ball. Driving forward now. He shoots, oh good save, no, its gone in. Has it.Yes. No. Yes it has. Good goal. 1-0"

Aaaargh! Who scored Roy and are we winning?

Chris Goreham gets my vote.

He''ll be most upset when he reads some of these comments!! He''s done his enthusiastic best for nearly 30 years and can leave with his head held high.

His afternoon show is good & lively - shame he could not inject the same enthusiasm into his football commentary.

I for one am glad that his tenure, synonymous with the small town mentality and image of our progressive club, is now a thing of the past.

Not being funny but none of you lot know how hard it is to commentate! none of you know how hard it is to do what roy does! Yes he may make mistakes, he may get over excited and may not be able to pronounce certain players.... but who the hell are you lot to judge?! Could you do any better?! He livens the whole game up, wether you love him or hate him am i wrong?! Hes dedicated years to commentating and trying to make people happy and none of you really know him. So dont go slaggin sum1 off for trying to do their job! Im sure you wouldnt like some one doing that to you. Im actually his grand daughther and got quite upset by what alot of people have wrote, ur entitled to ur opinion but next time you fancy slaggin sum1 off try and put urself in their position and unless you''ve tried doing his job then dont judge him! Hes been through alot the last few years and doesnt deserve the abuse hes getting off you no bodys! I just hope he doesnt read any of this!

no, .. roy is a legend, wether for good or bad commentry, but its time for change now, chris goreham will do a great job... ;)

Thanks for that Roys'' mum[:)]

I would say that for all Roys faults and confusing commentary he at least had some football knowledge, which his successor Mr Goreham seriously lacks.

No its time for Roy to go, as it was with Des Lynam and with any luck John Motson. Hes past his sell by date and its all been a bit downhill for a few years now. I hope he takes Neil Adams with him. For someone born in Oldham and played most of there career there { squeezing in a spell a city } i feel hes being a bit of a glory hunter by attaching himself to us and should be up there doing a job for the latics. He also tends to be a bit shy of questioning the teams dodgy performences when they happen, and really winds me up on canary call. Perhaps hes too scared to bite the hand that feeds him as we all know they wouldnt want to potentialy ruin good relationships between the press and club. Also i find both droning voices irritating but all the best and regards anyway. The best local radio commentry im found was i few years back when i had some work to do in Barnsley and the guy was so passionate and into the game it really got you going. Thats what we need, but i havent heard much of Goreham yet.

Bye Roy, good luck.