Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Petition to get Roy Waller Back - Sign Here!

Definateley! you didnt know where the ball was, who had it, who had scored or what the hell was going on........BUT you always new who''s side Roy was on and that he was a Norwich fan first and foremost and a commentator second....bring him back!!

End of the 94/95 away season needing a result at Leeds to stay up and 1-0 down!! Eadie shoots and scores or so Waller says then he says ''oh no he''s hit the side netting''.  Never listened to him since!!  Too many bad memories.

he`s our murry walker! he bring life to bad games like terry wogan does to eurovision (and i live round the corner from him)

Its right that he was taken off. He couldn''t be bothered to research away teams, frankly it was embarrasing hearing him mispronouncing names and getting other facts wrong. just a shame we have to endure what will become the Roy Waller show before, during and after the game i.e. naive interviews, tired old cliche''s and poor jokes.

[quote user="sidewinder"]

Its right that he was taken off. He couldn''t be bothered to research away teams, frankly it was embarrasing hearing him mispronouncing names and getting other facts wrong. just a shame we have to endure what will become the Roy Waller show before, during and after the game i.e. naive interviews, tired old cliche''s and poor jokes.

[/quote]

Alot of this was what made Roy good to have on in alot of people''s opinions. He wasnt the best commentater but he did add charsima  and is own entertainig way to the commentary.

Roy must stay!! This is supposed to be a petition to keep him so those with negative comments its a bit pointless! Roy is a legend whose PASSION for the club shows through he must stay he did not want to leave by the sounds of things! It is forgivable if a few mistakes are made when the delivery is so great...most Norwich fans know what I mean. Keep Roy!!!

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]End of the 94/95 away season needing a result at Leeds to stay up and 1-0 down!! Eadie shoots and scores or so Waller says then he says ''oh no he''s hit the side netting''.  Never listened to him since!!  Too many bad memories.
[/quote]

And name me one other commentator who has not been fooled by this sort of occurence before! It happens to us as fans when the ball is at the other end of the pitch - how many times have fans celebrated a "goal" which has been the ball hitting the side netting?!

Roy is a legend.

Just reading about him in the EEN and how he has done the commentarys for over 30 years since Radion Norfolk started.

It lists all his funniest moments, his achievements and stuff to make you laugh.

He didn''t ask to give up and he loves the club,

so from me

Thanks Roy - you''ll be well missed

Maybe if you linked us to a proper petition Radio Norfolk would take you seriously, rather than starting a thread on here which is hardly a petition. If you did me and many others would actually sign it properly

Had his time! Makes to many mistakes now (bit like dotherty) and always used to annoy me how excited he got when the opposition team scored. Sometimes you would think we had just scored. Happy Retirement Roy!

good god put him out to pasture

Had him inflicted on my for home games when my apendix went and its a awful listen well past his sellbye date

Thank God he''s gone. Utter rubbish. Would be platitudinising away, when there''d be a roar from the crowd "I think we.ve just scored, Roy" the other commentator would say. Radio equivalent of the late Brian Moore.

no thanks! bloke was an absolute nightmare, used to end up with nerves in shreds listening to his lunatic commentary. Good riddance.