Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Fozzy out until December!

Having been so impressive in his last game Mark Fotheringham is out till December according to the Daily Record...

If true this is a real shame as he had shown what he is capable of in his last game, and I would have liked to see him prove this was not just a one-off...  [:(]

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=soccer-shorts-fozzy-scare%26method=full%26objectid=19670099%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

A real shame and concern, we need smith or him back ASAP to give creativity and competition.  He had looked good, and after a lay off might be till jan he is back to where he started to be last week.

Doubt this is true.  Would have been announced by the official site before the ''Daily Record'' got hold of the story. 

If it turns out to be true then it is a real shame

That''s strange, because the Pink''Un ran that "Fotheringham Fine After Injury Scare" story only two days ago.I think most of us on here probably thought it was a bad injury, and assumed he would be out for a while.Shame if it''s true, because he had his best game yet on Saturday.

Huge setback if true.

That coupled with the boy Smith out until late September and (seemingly) a ''permanent'' hip injury for Hucks and the creative impetus of the squad is severely depleted. The fact that it''s not on the official website could mean nothing - it was a few days before the extent of the Ernie injury was made public.  

Snapping ankle ligaments? You''ve got to be kidding me? Surely they wouldn''t just make that up? I know the papers make a lot up but there''s no reason to make that up is there? Why no news out of CR?

The Daily Record could have got it right as they told the ''world ''a week before anyone else (and that includes the official website or Pink''un) that Alex Notman was retiring. I really hope they are wrong but don''t underestimate them.

Jim Duffy mentions ''Fotheringham''s injury'' alongside Smith and Hucks in the interview on the home page... Has Fozzy had a spell out already this pre-season? I can''t recall it, so maybe he is injured more seriously... I hope not!

On the official site now.  Doesnt say how long though.

We are the newcastle of the championship with injuries!!!!

On the official site now. Ankle ligaments for "a period of time" whatever that is supposed to mean. I guess that''s a 6-week lay-off minimum.

Terrible luck for the lad, just when he was showing his potential, get well soon Fozzy!

I''m having a little difficulty reconciling snapped ankle ligaments with the quote from Fozzy that he''s feeling much better and that he was reportedly able to walk shortly after the incident. I''ll be gutted if he is out until December, but will wait and see whether it appears on the official site before getting too downhearted about it. I''m looking forward to seeing whether he can continue Saturday''s form consistently.

Fotheringham turned his ankle over in a tussle with Southampton''s Andrew Surman, but afterwards said he expected no long-term problem.

“My foot just got left in the tackle and turned over. It feels much better new,” he said.

I''m not suggesting anyone would have made the story up but surely no one would say this the day after snapping ankle ligaments, would they? [*-)]

Well its on the official site now, I really cant believe how unlucky we have been over the last few years with the number and severity of the injuries we have been getting, its like our players are made of glass for christ sake.

This is a big blow. Played very well pre-season and again against the saints. With jimmy smith still out and brellier not fit this leaves us with a big problem in midfield.

Fozzy has played well lately but it could give an opportunity to either Rossi Jarvis or Spillane who imo both have the potential to step up

Spillane didn''t look out of place last season when he featured and Jarvis from what i''ve read and heard did really well in League1 with Rotherham last season

Its not unconnected that Chris Martin played in central midfield last night.

Obviously they are looking at him as cover until Smith/Fozzy return

Looks like saturday was sponsored ''ankle ligament damage day'':http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/6959226.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/6959152.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/6958895.stmCorrected version

Does it say anywhere officially that he has snapped his ligaments? If so it would be his season over... It says he has damaged his ligaments, which probably means he has strained or twisted them.

As far as the report after the match goes... I twisted my knee ligaments a few years ago and was able to walk ok for a short time afterwards, leading me to think it was nothing serious... however a day or two later I could hardly walk due to shooting pains, which persisted for the next 6 months... sometimes it takes a while for everything to swell up etc... which is probably why he thought it was nothing serious.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Having been so impressive in his last game Mark Fotheringham is out till December according to the Daily Record...

If true this is a real shame as he had shown what he is capable of in his last game, and I would have liked to see him prove this was not just a one-off...  [:(]

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=soccer-shorts-fozzy-scare%26method=full%26objectid=19670099%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

[/quote]

How come we had to hear it from the Daily Record and not our local papers of our official website?

[quote user="cityangel"]

How come we had to hear it from the Daily Record and not our local papers of our official website?

[/quote]

It would seem Granty is trying to hide our injuries from opposition teams.  Seems like an outdated and doomed to failure tactic - as the Daily Record is proving.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

It would seem Granty is trying to hide our injuries from opposition teams.  Seems like an outdated and doomed to failure tactic - as the Daily Record is proving.

[/quote]

I can understand him hiding the team line up on Fridays but hiding long term injuries seems a bit ridiculous to me. The club don''t even say how long they expect him to be out for, its getting more like the secret service every day!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can understand him hiding the team line up on Fridays but hiding long term injuries seems a bit ridiculous to me. The club don''t even say how long they expect him to be out for, its getting more like the secret service every day!

[/quote]

Is there any evidence to prove that Grant was behind the delay between the Record publishing the news and the official website putting a page up? Is there even any evidence that the club were actually planning on concealing the injury? Could it not just be that the Record were quicker off the mark updating their site than the Club? Do we even know when the results of the scan were known?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone has to be the first to break the news......he''s Scottish, of local interest up there,and, like all newspapers and media generally, the '' Daily Record '' must have a steady supply of  '' tip-offs '' true or false.