Sign in to follow this  
Cottaging Canary

Booing Doherty Today

When Gary Doherty''s name was read out before the game today, some people around me (and around the ground I suspect) booed. I absolutely agree that Doherty is not up to the standard we require at the back if we''re to get promotion. But to boo one of our own players, before the first home game of the season is just disgraceful.

I''ve never been a fan of Doherty and we all know that we need defensive cover, but at the same time he always gives his best and puts his head in where a lot of other players won''t. I just felt this was a sorry way to start the season.

Great win though, let''s forget the 1st half and look at the positives! Jamie is back!

I didn''t hear that, but anyone who did it is a disgrace. In the event, Doherty played OK, though he should have probably blocked Jones'' shot. But it was Marshall''s weak punch that gave Jones that opportunity.

I agree 100%, he''s not my favourite..would rather have someone else but aslong as he''s trying and wearing a ncfc shirt then i won''t boo him. If we want him to play well he''l need confidence and booing doesn''t help anyone so i hope we don'' hear it again.
Well done today boys..On the ball city!

Could not agree. I echo everything you say about Doherty. To boo your own players when their name is called is disgraceful. Some people should hang their heads in shame.

Agree totally, it''s not right to boo our own players, it will seriously damage confidence and affect their game.  I thought Doherty had a pretty solid game today and had some good touches.  I agree he probably isn''t good enough and we desperately need a new C.B but as long as he''s picked I will support him.

Booing him? That''s disgraceful.... He''s not worthy of the boo''s....[;)]

Still in all seriousness, love him or hate him, he is one of our players, and should be backed 100% while he is here....

Yer i agree 100%, i have never been his biggest fan but aslong as he''s trying and wearing our colours then il cheer him. If he''s going to play then he needs confidence and booing him is only going to make things worse.
Well done today boys..on the ball city!

I didn''t go to the match today but find it absolutley disgusting than some so called fans were booing our own player. In future if anyone is around any such fans tell them to shut the **** up.

I didn''t hear no booing today of his name, but he was awful today Doherty at his worst again. We need another defender quickly. He struggled all game.

[quote user="Fellas"]I didn''t hear no booing today of his name, but he was awful today Doherty at his worst again. We need another defender quickly. He struggled all game.
[/quote]

Booing was bang out of order, but how can anyone say he was steady. He was shocking and if he remains first choice, we can certainly wave good bye to the play offs. It was his poor play that led to us losing possession and Southampton scoring.

Needs replacing asap

Lappin''s Left Foot

I was in the City stand and didnt hear any booeing when his name read out , nor did my friend who was in the Jarrold Stand (near the away fans) Hope the people concenred feel ashamed of themselves!!

What stand was the booeing in where you were sitting ?????

CA

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Could not agree. I echo everything you say about Doherty. To boo your own players when their name is called is disgraceful. Some people should hang their heads in shame.

[/quote]

Spot on ****s

im a fan of the docs and yes i do get alot of stick for it iwas in barclay lower i didnt hear any booing !             

THERES ONLY ONE GINGER PELE [:D]

City Angel - I sit in the Upper Barclay, block E over near the hotel. They were definitiely boos! A shame, but I must add that most people around me have been negative moaners for years anyway and seem to wanna make Doherty a scapegoat for EVERYTHING that goes wrong on the pitch.

[quote user="mrs doherty"]

im a fan of the docs and yes i do get alot of stick for it iwas in barclay lower i didnt hear any booing !             

[/quote]

It must be very distressing for you Mrs Doherty [:)] but I''m glad you didnt hear your husband booed in the Barclay today.

Tell him to keep his chin up!

He''s bad enough as it is, I hate to imagine how he''d play if he heard the boos. Typical dumba*se behaviour imo

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="mrs doherty"]

[/quote]

It must be very distressing for you Mrs Doherty [:)] but I''m glad you didnt hear your husband booed in the Barclay today.

Tell him to keep his chin up!

[/quote]

Being in the Lower Barclay myself, I did actually hear some when his name was called out. Totally out of order, whoever they were!

Lappin''s Left Foot

Perhaps it was just a small minority then, even so they should be ashamed of themselves.I''ll remember never to sit up there then [:)]

Did they boo Safri too?

CA

[quote user="cityangel"]

Lappin''s Left Foot

Perhaps it was just a small minority then, even so they should be ashamed of themselves.I''ll remember never to sit up there then [:)]

Did they boo Safri too?

CA

[/quote]

Just about the whole of the Barclay booed him when his name was called out CA, as well as every single time he touched the ball.

If booing gets him out of the team it''s worth doing.
He''s an utter liability  - hit the bar - missed a sitter. Horribly at fault (twice) for the attack that led to the goal from the corner.
Anyone but will do a better job. If Grant cannot see it we''ll have to do his job for him. The sooner he''s out of the team the better and if hounding him out is the way to go then so be it.  As when supporter power finally got rid of Worthy for the greater good the same should apply to Donkey.

Boo on

I think it''s bullshit people booing him! I think he is a competant player for us, not the best we can do, but i''d rather him than the likes of that bennett lad on loan at southampton. He''s brilliant in the air, and full of effort this season and is slowly building his confidence again, and i''m sure the 2 league games so far will have helped him. As for the barnet game, i couldn''t give a flying fuck for the goals they scored in the 2nd half, i was just disappointed we didn''t add to the 5, as i checked the score on 30 mins to see 5-0, and thought, it might end with about 10 potentially, but things never work like that. We stepped off, and rightly so. The Doc is doing ok at the moment and while he''s not set the world alight, he has done well enough to contribute to us starting well without our most creative and best player, and he saved us on a couple of occasions today, despite worrying us all on a few. Considring how hard a decent centre half is to come about these days, i''m happy to have him. I.E. look at Southampton getting Wayne Thomas in for £1.2m. I laughed so hard at seeing that deal go through, as he was SHIT at burnley, despite improving for the last 4-5 games last season!

I could not hear the booing in the N&P.  Doc is

always a bit in and out but does not deserve boos.

I also do not understand why Safri got as much flak as he did today.  OK

he allegedly has been a pain in the butt off the field, but can we really fault

his commitment on the pitch, he was Moroccan all over the world for two seasons

and we loved him.  Today he put in his usual hefty challenges, which we

loved when he was playing for us, suddenly he was a winker according to the

Barclay.

Its time for the Barclay Boys to grow up a bit, raise the vocal levels a lot

and inspire the rest of us moaning lot to sing with them in praise of our

players.  Come on Barclay you were great today when we were playing well,

keep singing all game and the rest of us will (eventually) follow.  Then

Carra will be the cauldron of noise and intimidating for the other team and not

our own players.

OTBC.

Perhaps Doherty might like to reduce his profile by not making ridiculous claims "i''ll fight for my place" "Wait till the next game" and other rubbish.  Doherty lost the ball just outside the area if he had won this simple ball and not fallen over Southampton would not have scored.  Not enough people are showing Granty how much a liability he is.  Doesn''t exactly plat with confidence or ability do he.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

Lappin''s Left Foot

Did they boo Safri too?

CA

[/quote]

Just about the whole of the Barclay booed him when his name was called out CA, as well as every single time he touched the ball.

[/quote]

Oh I heard the Safro booeing ok, that came from all 4 corners [:)] I was just asking Lappins Left Foot if the negative crowd around him who gave Doc a hard time also gave Safri a hard time??

rubbish. if "just about the whole of the Barclay booed" it would have been clearly audible to everyone. I am in E Block and heard nothing.

Only just read this. I just dont understand the mentality of some supporters. I dont know if these people understand the word confidence, and if they understand that a confident player is likely to play better. DO these people even want us to do well?

Either way its embarassing to be a norwich fan when this sort of thing goes on.. Especially after one bloody game!