Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

NOTABLE BY THEIR ABSENCE!

Funny how Saturday night postings somehow fail to include the prime agitators isn''t it.

Just shows who actually bases their opinions on their own observations.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Funny how Saturday night postings somehow fail to include the prime agitators isn''t it.

[/quote]

Quite agree, Rudolph. I keep looking out for Cluck and Smudger but to no avail...........

I think Cluck will resurface before long but I''m really worried about Smudger. He seems to have disappeared without trace and I suspect he must be on holiday or feeling a bit peaky at City''s rather solid start - at least points wise - to the new season.

Mind you, if he doesn''t re-appear soon us posters best brace ourselves for a visit from the boys in blue enquiring as to whether we''ve relaid our patios recently......

The pair of them are desperate for City to lose, every piece of doom laden cr*p from them has been proven to be what it was.........cr*p!.

But after the first defeat (if there is one!) they will be amongst the first to post on here.

Also,the anti Cureton brigade are very quiet too.

Isn''t life grand?.[:D]

Dont worry about Smudger, he was on here posting last Friday lunchtime. Guess as Bigmark said on the '''' pretty good first week'''' thread he''s probably on the way back from Plymouth with his mate Cluck [:D]

Lets all sing ''''You never post when we''re winning, post when we''re winning '''' [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Dont worry about Smudger, he was on here posting last Friday lunchtime. Guess as Bigmark said on the '''' pretty good first week'''' thread he''s probably on the way back from Plymouth with his mate Cluck [:D]

Lets all sing ''''You never post when we''re winning, post when we''re winning '''' [:)]

[/quote]

Ronbol Ronbol is on the "first championship manager to get the chop" thread - can anyone guess who he is hoping for?[:(]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Ronbol Ronbol is on the "first championship manager to get the chop" thread - can anyone guess who he is hoping for?[:(]

[/quote]Cheers for that,  I do not hide when we have a good result. The fact is I want norwich to do well,  I was at the ground  yesterday as vocal as ever and 100% behind the  team.  However I can not support Peter Grant  as manager  of this football club. I have very valid reasons and am not prepared to tell all on a message board. You have already seen the trouble that has been caused with the training ground  ban  for fans (or some FANS!!!) .  The PR department have been working overtime this summer , It''s simply one cover up after another. The truth always has a funny way of coming out in the end! I am just worried what damage it will cause the club.................

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but i think Ronbol just wants to be noticed. It''s incredibly poor, after 4 points from 2 games. That would in theory be 92points.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers for that,  I do not hide when we have a good result. The fact is I want norwich to do well,  I was at the ground  yesterday as vocal as ever and 100% behind the  team.  However I can not support Peter Grant  as manager  of this football club. I have very valid reasons and am not prepared to tell all on a message board. You have already seen the trouble that has been caused with the training ground  ban  for fans (or some FANS!!!) .  The PR department have been working overtime this summer , It''s simply one cover up after another. The truth always has a funny way of coming out in the end! I am just worried what damage it will cause the club.................
[/quote]

Oh please, Grant had valid reasons for the training ground ban and it was actually a sensible move - but i suppose you''d prefer NCFC to reveal everything to the fans at the expense of the opposition knowing what we''re going to do

I''m delighted that we''ve had the rub of the green for a change - but I''M ever fearful of the impending doom on the near horizon - Brellier looks knackered - Fotheringham''s likely to be out for three matchweeks, Smith is sidelined for at least another four weeks and a knock for Russell and central midfield will be all but injury strewn.

Besides Otsemober, our defence is way too vunerable, and because of the four tremendously lucky points garnered, Grant & the board are unlikely going to bring in the two to three players we so desperately need in order to make a serious challenge for promotion.

Come September we''ve got Cardiff, Palace, Charlton & Wolves, no less, and the last three of those difficult fixtures are to be played within a single week.

Our recent history as regards to injuries suggests that at least three youth will be fielded against Charlton & Wolves.

And that, this early on in the season, isn''t good.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

best brace ourselves for a visit from the boys in blue enquiring as to whether we''ve relaid our patios recently......

[/quote]

I take it that you mean Ipshit (rather than the strong arm of the law) are on the search for their number 1 supporter?. To be fair, Smudge is moving house I think, and his chum is running round like a headless chicken helping unpack the mountains of John Wark memorabilia ;)

[quote user="Shyster"]

I''m delighted that we''ve had the rub of the green for a change - but I''M ever fearful of the impending doom on the near horizon - Brellier looks knackered - Fotheringham''s likely to be out for three matchweeks, Smith is sidelined for at least another four weeks and a knock for Russell and central midfield will be all but injury strewn.

Besides Otsemober, our defence is way too vunerable, and because of the four tremendously lucky points garnered, Grant & the board are unlikely going to bring in the two to three players we so desperately need in order to make a serious challenge for promotion.

Come September we''ve got Cardiff, Palace, Charlton & Wolves, no less, and the last three of those difficult fixtures are to be played within a single week.

Our recent history as regards to injuries suggests that at least three youth will be fielded against Charlton & Wolves.

And that, this early on in the season, isn''t good.

[/quote]fozzy is fine,brellier will get match fit,smith and huckerby will return,four exellent points gained from last seasons top teams,still in the cup and as far as i can see most of the afore mentioned teams are currently below us.All i can see is  great things to come on the horizon.Your post somes up the half full half empty attitude of some posters on here

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

fozzy is fine,brellier will get match fit,smith and huckerby will return,four exellent points gained from last seasons top teams,still in the cup and as far as i can see most of the afore mentioned teams are currently below us.All i can see is  great things to come on the horizon.Your post somes up the half full half empty attitude of some posters on here

[/quote]

May surprise you LC but completely agree!

Early days but so far so good! If we can build on the results so far and the team gel / get the confidence up, who knows where that might take us??

I''m a 47 year old realist whose knowledge of football is second to none, lobster catcher - long gone are the heady Friday nights when I could lay awake daydreaming the Canaries to victory against all opposition.

These days I speak as I find, and if my discoveries are so disconcerting for you, please by all means cease reading them.

I''m trying desperately to avoid the ol'' head in the sand cliches here, but it''s getting mightily difficult.

Albeit lucky, I''m delighted with the start we''ve made to the season - all I''m doing is putting things into perspective. 

[quote user="Shyster"]

I''m a 47 year old realist whose knowledge of football is second to none, lobster catcher - long gone are the heady Friday nights when I could lay awake daydreaming the Canaries to victory against all opposition.

These days I speak as I find, and if my discoveries are so disconcerting for you, please by all means cease reading them.

I''m trying desperately to avoid the ol'' head in the sand cliches here, but it''s getting mightily difficult.

Albeit lucky, I''m delighted with the start we''ve made to the season - all I''m doing is putting things into perspective. 

[/quote]

No room for realist on here buddy, after the week we have had we will win the league by 20 points and beat chelsea in the FA cup final.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

No room for realist on here buddy, after the week we have had we will win the league by 20 points and beat chelsea in the FA cup final.

[/quote]

You may well think that Ricky, but there''s obviously room for OTT sarcasm

Second to none, eh Shyster ?Maybe that''s why you were wrong about Fozzy''s injury, maybe that''s why you are posting on here rather than using that knowledge to manage some top club. It is not the words of a realist but a pessimist - and I''m always wary of those who wish to present things in a negative view as far as the club is concerned. There are loads of variables, loads of things that can go wrong - as well as go right(se sat). That''s why we love the game.There''s no evidence that the board or Grant won''t bring in the ''two or thre players necessary''. In fact look back to last time and remember, Huckerby, Crouch and Harper. If the coaching is anything to go by then we''ve a lot to look fiorward to an improved (and fitter) Brellier likewise Russell, Striker. As earlier mentioned Huckerby and Smith will be back in a few weeks and I''m looking forward to one or two of the youths stepping up. That''s what they are there for.As to the clubs mentioned I''ve no real fear of them. We''ve a team capable of winning, and team that wants to win - all we''ve got to do is to coach a few of our fans who appear to be out with niggles and doubts and who knows, it''ll be ''71-72 all over again.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Excellent! You don''t know who scores first / the scoreline in the final do you Ricky? Could make a fortune at William Hill!!

The thing is, for us to challenge this year we are going to have to be very lucky. But then that''s arguably true of every club. We need to stay injury free and get the rub of the green in matches with chances and ref''s decisions. Saturday was an example....Southampton could have been 2-0 up following Marshall''s spill and it would have been doom and gloom. Results shouldn''t mask our deficiencies but at the moment, everyone posting on here is rightly chuffed. Long may it continue

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Second to none, eh Shyster ?

Maybe that''s why you were wrong about Fozzy''s injury, maybe that''s why you are posting on here rather than using that knowledge to manage some top club.

It is not the words of a realist but a pessimist - and I''m always wary of those who wish to present things in a negative view as far as the club is concerned. There are loads of variables, loads of things that can go wrong - as well as go right(se sat). That''s why we love the game.

There''s no evidence that the board or Grant won''t bring in the ''two or thre players necessary''. In fact look back to last time and remember, Huckerby, Crouch and Harper. If the coaching is anything to go by then we''ve a lot to look fiorward to an improved (and fitter) Brellier likewise Russell, Striker. As earlier mentioned Huckerby and Smith will be back in a few weeks and I''m looking forward to one or two of the youths stepping up. That''s what they are there for.

As to the clubs mentioned I''ve no real fear of them. We''ve a team capable of winning, and team that wants to win - all we''ve got to do is to coach a few of our fans who appear to be out with niggles and doubts and who knows, it''ll be ''71-72 all over again.

[/quote]

How dare you question my integrity, Mr Wright!

I''ve never pursued a career in football management - if I had, who knows? I may have lead Norwich to three European Cup victories already - in reality there''s bound to be a myriad football fanatics out there who''ve the potential to be good football managers - the qualifications are hardly academic.   

Has Fother''s been given the all clear? I never claimed that I was a physio - academic qualifications needed there [;)]

"There''s no evidence that the board or Grant won''t bring in the ''two or thre players necessary''. In fact look back to last time and remember, Huckerby, Crouch and Harper."

I sincerely hope you''re right and I''m proven to be wrong here, Mr Wright.

Unfortunately, and I know this comes across as sounding terribly conceited - but I have a sometimes unwanted disposition for mostly being right.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Plus, as if to prove old Wiz is a more numerous poster of the negative than the positive we have hardly heard from him either.[/quote]

Isn''t that natural though? If everything was perfect there''d be very little by way of interesting discussion on here. We''d get.....

"Good win wasn''t it?"

"yes it was"

"Cureton played well, didn''t he?"

"yes he did"

etc etc etc etc....boring and meaningless. Some people choose to post and are more vocal about the issues / problems they perceive NOT because they''re negative but because they have a genuine concern for ''their'' club.

Well Shyster, at 47 you''ll be the same age as me. My first season following City was 1970, I think we finished about 10th....who''d have thought that the following year we''d go up, as champions, to division 1, for the first time in our history!.....not a realist.....and if I were to tell you that we''d be appearing at Wembley for the first time the following year I guess, as a realist you would have dismissed it out of hand. When we lost 7-1 at Ewood a realist would have written us off.....but that season we finished 3rd and qualified for Europe! Having drawn Bayern in the UEFA Cup a realist, whose knowledge is second to none will know exactly what happened.......

[quote user="Shyster"]

I''m a 47 year old realist whose knowledge of football is second to none

[/quote]

How strange.

I''ve just checked out the free bet thread and I can''t see your prediction on there.

Like I said, strange for somebody whose knowledge of football is second to none.

Unless you can''t back up such extravagant claims?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Plus, as if to prove old Wiz is a more numerous poster of the negative than the positive we have hardly heard from him either.[/quote]

Oh stop being a plonker Ru, I''ve already replied to this post on page one my little stirrer you!.

I can''t keep saying the same thing over and over again on the same thread of yours, now behave.

Or I''ll get that cold and wet Lowestoft kipper you like so much out again!.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I can''t keep saying the same thing over and over again on the same thread of yours, now behave.

[/quote]

Saying the same thing over and over again was your trademark in your previous life Wiz [:)] [;)] [:P]

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not being facetious (by the way this is a funny post[:D]) but I''m struggling to see how Shyster''s post is based more on reality than LC''s. I think you are mistaking the word ''reality'' for ''agrees with you'', of course its a valid viewpoint and it is incredibly early in the season to begin forming judgements either way, but if you look at both posts, point for point, I would say that Shyster''s post is based more on conjecture than LC''s. Its full of ''what if'' and ''you wait until'' style comments.   

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Saying the same thing over and over again was your trademark in your previous life Wiz [:)] [;)] [:P]

[/quote]

Ouch!

15 love to you mate.[:''(]

I miss their smart remarks and cutting humour.

No wait a minute, i thought you meant Laurel & Hardy!

I''m on top of the world at the moment, I KNOW its only the end of week 2 of the season, BUT i''m on top of the world at the moment! Well 1,000 feet up anyway.