Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

HoteL B*ll*cks!

Seriously, no banners, boards or material dangling from the windows, strict rules and regulations! ok, fair enough usual rules but why build a hotel in the corner of a bloody football stadium, stop moaning as you were the idiots that decided to put it there!  like robert chases factories out the back, pointless!

good rant

Sounds fine to me, afterall it is a hotel. Should also stipulate "no fat bare-chested Southampton fans who may have got themseleves removed from the stands for missbehaving"

[quote user="followthegreenandyellow"]

Seriously, no banners, boards or material dangling from the windows, strict rules and regulations! ok, fair enough usual rules but why build a hotel in the corner of a bloody football stadium, stop moaning as you were the idiots that decided to put it there!  like robert chases factories out the back, pointless!

good rant

[/quote]

And we don''t make a penny out of the every day running of the hotel but have to provide the security for it on match days. More money down the drain.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

its laughable in the extreme isnt it?

although a fan may of paid for a hotel room how many more people will be seeing the game Scot Free!?

I still think they should of built a Video Score board obstructing the views from the hotel windows of the pitch, that way the problem is solved, the club doesnt have to pay for the security of something they dont own and no ones seeing the game for nowt!

as for "banning" ole Fatso from the holiday inn.. how are they going to enforce it... if he turned up tommorow with a wad of cash in his hand to book a room they''d snap his arm off for it! if he turns up in 12 months time for another game against them they are hardly going to tell him he cant exactly go in is he?

as for "anti social behaiovr complaints" what are they going to do when one of the stiffs in suits staying in the ritz Carrow Road complains about our chanting and offensive words heard form the barclay.. impose a vow of silence?!

Joe Ferrari says "we have business guests" well tough sh*t Joe! whilst the fan deserved to get chucked out if he was behaving unruly, the club and Holiday inn have made themslevs look stupid by allowing this fiasco to happend havent they? sod the business guests! they will turn up for their conference in norwich once, pay for their week in a hotel, then swan off back to the capital never to be seen again wotn they.... fans will still come every week regardless, spending their money to keep the club afloat.. the corporate and "prawn sandwich brigade" can swivel on it.

the rules state no more than 2 adults 1 hour before and 1 hour after the game... the rules do not state how many adults can be present in the rooms DURING the games.. so lets all pay for a single room and take the family along! probably works out cheaper 1 person paying for a single room than a family of 4 going to Carrow road!!!!

wait until the FA clobber us with a fine because there is alocohol in view of the pitch from the hotel window... the whole thing is a complete Bloody shambles! if the club had any sense theyd build a wall obstructing views of the pitch, a video board, or.. dare i say it.. a nice corner infil! :o :p ;)

Free Football at Carrow road, just turn up, pick a window and ENJOY!

jas :)

If people want to get ther facts straight b4 being all negayive we have a 30% stake in the hotel

Quite agree with every word Jas its a total shambles.

You should copy that over the the official site''s message board '' questions for the club'' section, I''d be interested to see Joe''s  reply.

[quote user="loughborough Hupperby"]

If people want to get ther facts straight b4 being all negayive we have a 30% stake in the hotel

[/quote]

Exactly - we are making money out of the hotel, which is why we provide security on match days!

[quote user="loughborough Hupperby"]

[/quote]But we still dont get a penny from the every day running of the hotel. We get a once a year pay out as a dividend on our one third share. So match days cost us money.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="cityangel"]

You should copy that over the the official site''s message board '' questions for the club'' section, I''d be interested to see Joe''s  reply.

[/quote]

the l;aughable thing with these hotels is that u dont necessarily need a credit card to book a room.. turn up on the day and pay cash and the room can be yours, you pay when u check out.. so go in with an assumed name and a completely false address, watch the match.. go home...

you havent paid, you have seen the match for free, and they have got no way in hell of finding you an making you pay.

shambolic city! answer that Ferrari/doncaster!

Mate thats rubbish. Holiday Inn make you leave credit card details when you check in. Last time I stayed in a holiday Inn (last week) rooms were well over £130. So unless you sit in a coperate box its not cheaper!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

the l;aughable thing with these hotels is that u dont necessarily need a credit card to book a room.. turn up on the day and pay cash and the room can be yours, you pay when u check out.. so go in with an assumed name and a completely false address, watch the match.. go home...

you havent paid, you have seen the match for free, and they have got no way in hell of finding you an making you pay.

shambolic city! answer that Ferrari/doncaster!

[/quote]

wat does the above comment prove ?

[quote user="Marty"]Sounds fine to me, afterall it is a hotel. Should also stipulate "no fat bare-chested Southampton fans who may have got themseleves removed from the stands for missbehaving"[/quote]

"Harmless Fun Returns to Carrow Road Shock!"[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

He was chucked out for persistent standing, not exactly crime of the century is it?  Well-fed Saints fan I salute you.  

" But we still dont get a penny from the every day running of the hotel"Christ, it gets worse by the minute.What are you expecting. the receptionist to run round to the main stand everytime someone checks in ?"here you are, here''s your share"What next will they find to moan at.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" But we still dont get a penny from the every day running of the hotel"

Christ, it gets worse by the minute.

What are you expecting. the receptionist to run round to the main stand everytime someone checks in ?

"here you are, here''s your share"

What next will they find to moan at.
[/quote]Oh theres lots to moan about without the hotel, what about the prices in the bars?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Ralph Wright"] 

What are you expecting. the receptionist to run round to the main stand everytime someone checks in ?

[/quote]

Lol! [:D][:D]

The hotel is a joke and looks completely out of place. We will have the laughing stock of stadiums because of this.

They could have still built a hotel in that corner with rooms overlooking the tyre shop but also used it as foundations for a good steeply tiered corner infill. Hotel guests pay no more on match days so why should they, and their mates, see the game for free?

Bad, bad  business. I''d like to meet the person responsible.

Ralph Wright, we own a stake in the hotel.. the value of a stake goes down as well as up technically what BBFF says is true.. we could make millions from the hotel but we could make absolute zip.... where as a corner infil would guarentee revenue for the club

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" But we still dont get a penny from the every day running of the hotel"

Christ, it gets worse by the minute.

What next will they find to moan at.
[/quote]

"here you are, here''s your share.........shareholders".

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Ralph Wright, we own a stake in the hotel.. the value of a stake goes down as well as up technically what BBFF says is true.. we could make millions from the hotel but we could make absolute zip.... where as a corner infil would guarentee revenue for the club

[/quote]

Jas, where would the money come from to but the corner infill?

If we had an infill it would only be used if the rest of the ground was full, on Saturday there were loads of seats free.

We were paid £1,000,000 fro the land so that the hotel could be built and we have a right to 1/3? of the profit.

Even pointing these facts out I would have rather had a block of seats there, but a) we could not afford it, b) many of the seats, on both sides would not have been available for use because of segregation. Extra stewards would have been needed to keep the segregation on the Barclay side, which is not currently necessary. c) By building the extra seats we would have had a smaller transfer budget. So the club made a decision which has merit. They have also saved the capital expenditure until it is really necessary and the money can then be spent on a top tier in the City or Jarrold stand which per seat will be cheaper plus far more would be actually available for use.

[quote user="BBFF"]

[quote user="loughborough Hupperby"]If people want to get ther facts straight b4 being all negayive we have a 30% stake in the hotel [/quote]But we still dont get a penny from the every day running of the hotel. We get a once a year pay out as a dividend on our one third share. So match days cost us money.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]What planet are you on?  Seriously?  We get a once a year pay out as a dividend on our one third share, so match days cost us money?  You''ve contradicted yourself there!  Have you any proof that it costs more for security than we make from the dividend?  I very much doubt it since we haven''t had any full year results since the hotel opened.The hotel is a sensible and logical off-field investment with very little financial risk to the club, a couple of bouncers on the door - I''d wager the cost of these is of very little consequence when compared to the club''s expenditure on something like washing kit.Sort your facts out and then start making wide-ranging statements.  Why don''t you believe that off-field activities such as the hotel and delia''s catering can''t support the club''s on-field activities?OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="blacko"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas, where would the money come from to but the corner infill?

If we had an infill it would only be used if the rest of the ground was full, on Saturday there were loads of seats free.

We were paid £1,000,000 fro the land so that the hotel could be built and we have a right to 1/3? of the profit.

Even pointing these facts out I would have rather had a block of seats there, but a) we could not afford it, b) many of the seats, on both sides would not have been available for use because of segregation. Extra stewards would have been needed to keep the segregation on the Barclay side, which is not currently necessary. c) By building the extra seats we would have had a smaller transfer budget. So the club made a decision which has merit. They have also saved the capital expenditure until it is really necessary and the money can then be spent on a top tier in the City or Jarrold stand which per seat will be cheaper plus far more would be actually available for use.

[/quote]

Plus I heard that the reason that part of the ground isn''t developed is that the groundsman needs access and storage space which wouldn''t be possible with an infill.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas,

Although I''ve had to generalise somewhat, please have a look at the figures I''ve suggested on page 4 of this thread:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/4/987784/ShowPost.aspx#987784

To summarise this, in theory, on average the hotel is likely to earn the club approx £225,000 per year in income (and this is based on a basic room cost of £75 per night, not including suite costs etc), on paper it''s a much better option, and also one that raises the potential and profile of the club.

A corner infill is simply a few extra seats, whereas the hotel gives us the revenue along with many other options. IMHO, it''s a far better deal than many realise when you look into it in further depth.

"technically what BBFF says is true"

BBFF and his ilk whinge enough now, christ knows the bleating that would have risen up had the club stated that they were going to cut the player budget to fund more ground development. Hardly would have fitted in with the mantra of football must come first.

Neither does the gripe about the price of beer. What on earth are the club doing having bars and such like. Surely the money should have gone on ''football first'' not on hospitality.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="Marty"]Sounds fine to me, afterall it is a hotel. Should also stipulate "no fat bare-chested Southampton fans who may have got themseleves removed from the stands for missbehaving"[/quote]

"Harmless Fun Returns to Carrow Road Shock!"[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

He was chucked out for persistent standing, not exactly crime of the century is it?  Well-fed Saints fan I salute you.  

[/quote]

Obviously you weren''t sitting behind him.

Do unto others as you would wish was done unto you.

OTBC

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas,

Although I''ve had to generalise somewhat, please have a look at the figures I''ve suggested on page 4 of this thread:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/4/987784/ShowPost.aspx#987784

To summarise this, in theory, on average the hotel is likely to earn the club approx £225,000 per year in income (and this is based on a basic room cost of £75 per night, not including suite costs etc), on paper it''s a much better option, and also one that raises the potential and profile of the club.

A corner infill is simply a few extra seats, whereas the hotel gives us the revenue along with many other options. IMHO, it''s a far better deal than many realise when you look into it in further depth.

[/quote]

I totally agree with this post. The income from the hotel will always be greater than the income that would have been generated from creating seats for more fans. Personally, I think that we should demolish the South Stand and replace it with an Asda supermarket and a Multiplex cinema. In fact, let''s have a competition to find the most lucrative money generating alternatives to seats for fans. We could do away with all the stands and, blimey, just think of the rental income that could be generated from building more blocks of flats on the pitch itself.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

"technically what BBFF says is true"

BBFF and his ilk whinge enough now, christ knows the bleating that would have risen up had the club stated that they were going to cut the player budget to fund more ground development. Hardly would have fitted in with the mantra of football must come first.

Neither does the gripe about the price of beer. What on earth are the club doing having bars and such like. Surely the money should have gone on ''football first'' not on hospitality.

[/quote]We should have waited till we are in the Prem again, (FOOTBALL first) then built an in-fill with the hotel behind or in the car park that what way we would have totel setting round the ground giveing us max inhome from the fans and hotel income. Who thinks the back of a hotel looks good from the stands?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]

I totally agree with this post. The income from the hotel will always be greater than the income that would have been generated from creating seats for more fans. Personally, I think that we should demolish the South Stand and replace it with an Asda supermarket and a Multiplex cinema. In fact, let''s have a competition to find the most lucrative money generating alternatives to seats for fans. We could do away with all the stands and, blimey, just think of the rental income that could be generated from building more blocks of flats on the pitch itself.

[/quote]

Totally Agree, I think we should knock down the antiquated and tiny city stand and replace it with an an Asda.  This would soon put morrisons out of business and raise far more cash or atmosphere in the ground than everybody currently sitting there does...

as for this I do like the way these twop words ended up nest to each other...  Sounds about right considering what the pigs currently get up too.

"Rules laid down earlier this year by police state that no more than two adults are to be allowed in rooms overlooking the pitch on match days for a period of one hour before or one hour after a home match and no person subjected to a Football Banning Order should be admitted to or accommodated at the hotel on a day when Norwich City are scheduled to play a home game."

As for the Holiday Inn complaining about the photo in the paper...  All free advertising for these guys...

Nice to hear Joe confirm non Norwich city fans have lost there season tickets over this incident.....   [|-)]

Hello Chuky Nice to see you are keeping up with an intelligent debate. We both know FOOTBALL must come first and any FOOTBALL club or there wouldn''t be any point in turning up on match days, would there? For years now FOOTBALL has played second fiddle to every "off the pitch" scheme NCPLC has come up with, but lets hope in the seasons to come the descion makers put FOOTBALL first at Corrow Rd like it should be.

A season ( hopefully lots more than just one) in the Prem would make a third share of a dividend in a hotel look like loose change.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST