Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Are you happy with the Preston Result?

Considering it was the first match on the season and it was away and we kept a clean sheet, i''m fairly happy...... Yeah a Win would have been good but a clean sheet away is a promising start!

Come on you Yellows!

Yes - especially in the circumstances - Russell and Brellier short of match fitness and a number of players missing through injury or illness.

very happy tricky place to go and get any result,and we only had a half fit curo,no hucks ect.and its just so pleasing not to concead a goal. so a BIG WELL DONE FROM ME!

I am happy with the result, in an ideal world we would have won, however the fact that we drew with a squad that has not gelled 100% is encouraging.  Will be even more interesting to see how we do with a fully fit squad.   [:)]

Very happy.  We had 15 corners against us and defended them all very well, which is promising for the season ahead.Defence were under pressure for most of the game but held their own and played well. Last season we would have conceeded for sure.Attacking we sounded poor but DD and brown were never gonna do too much damage, wait till Hucks, Cureton and Smith get into the team.  Should do much better when they are fit.

A point at Preston is always a decent result. A clean sheet is a always excellent. Only a couple of worrying points; 1. Marshall appears to have flapped at a couple of crosses and 2. The lack of decent opportunities created which only increases my worry that we still have only 1 real creative player in Hux and that is decidedly a worry.

jus got back from the match and they put up a good fight, there werent really that many clear cut chances for either team, i think if any team was gonna win it it would have been preston. but they did perform well, maybe it would have been a different result had huckerby been playing.

jus a note, i thought doherty and drury were much improved today, i cant think of anything doc did wrong today and drury was solid too, maybe the releif of the captaincy has improved his concentration, or was it huckerby''s absence? time will tell.

Defence was much stronger, I think having a better midfield and goalkeeper has relieved alot of the pressure that was on the defence last season.  We never really looked like scoring however, something we have to work on!  Doherty had a good game and although Preston went close a couple of times we generally performed pretty well.I was bothered however when the Judge went off and Fotheringham came on, the whole shape of the team changed (i.e. we went from a formation to ratshit) and he didn''t put a very good performance in.  Brown looked good, however he seems to be more of a hold-up striker than a through and through goal scorer.All in all, a decent first game of the season - Will be interesting to see the Judge and Smith in the team, Judge looks like a piece of genuine class.OTBC!Chunky

The result suggests we have more guts and solidity and players who are prepared to give 90 minutes every game for City....so let''s get behind all of them.

You can build on this whereas it''s tougher to tighten up a flair side.

When certain players return or get some form I hope we will have enough but I believe we need some quality buys/season long loans - still.

Southampton will arrive at Carrow Road bruised and battered after todays result and I would be happy to see us compete and control first half before looking to be more expansive in the second. I don''t expect a gung ho approach and hope supporters will be patient.

Tight games, away draws and single goal wins, solidity and consistency is enough for a top six in this topsy turvy league. This has to be our starting point; build the confidence and see where we are come Christmas.

The Preston result is in this vein, so yes, I am happy, AND POSITIVE.

I don''t see any reason at all not to be happy with the result; time and time again sides have proved that away from home solidity and clean sheets are the key, and with some of our ''flair'' players missing we couldn''t really ask for more against one of the potentially better sides in the division.  We do now seem able to put out a side with much more grit, something sorely missing in the last 2 seasons and I certainly can''t see us just rolling over in quite the way we did at Stoke (et al). 

Of course, at home you expect a bit more, but away I am more than happy for us to build a tight formation that is hard to break down whilst nicking games at the other end (such as Derby and several others did last season). 

Its a decent enough start, although there''s room for improvement of course, but Rome wasn''t built in a day you know!. Last season under our old manager, we would have folded in a game like this.

So yes, I quite happy.