Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Who are the bullys on here? You or Smudger?

I have something i want to get off my chest with regards to people bullying on here. Certain people have accused people like myself, smudger etc of bullying Delia smith. I have a question for those who make this accusation. Have you ever booed a player? Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger? Have you ever jeered a manager? Did you join in with the chase or worthy protests? Have you ever slagged off a player or manager on here or anywhere? I doubt there are few that havent done one of the above so i ask you this question. Why is it ok for you to do this yet me and others slaging off the board is bullying? and also- why is it ok to do one of the above but not do the same to darling Delia and co? It seems to me the ones accusing us of bullying are also the same ones who talk to people like smudger in the same manner. In that case you are hypocrites.

Well said Arthur!

Im afarid though that when i first came onto this board it was very clicky,and being a new poster then no one took any real notice of what i said (they still dont). Its a typical example of people not liking change and being challenged by others.After all,throwing insults is far easier than replying with a sensible reply. 

no, the difference is we boo players when they need booing, we protest when protests are needed ... we dont moan and argue at every signing, manager, score, decision or opinion that we find about the club. Therefore smudger and people are wrong because they dont give anyone a chance even before they have seen them play...

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

no, the difference is we boo players when they need booing, we protest when protests are needed ... we dont moan and argue at every signing, manager, score, decision or opinion that we find about the club. Therefore smudger and people are wrong because they dont give anyone a chance even before they have seen them play...

[/quote]or because people like smudger have actually seen them play, if like me you watch alot of footy then 9 times out of 10 you have seen them play. which then leads me to the connclusion that people like you that are prepared to put up with the poor quality of football at Carrow road theses day do not share the same AMBITION as the likes of me and smudger.GRANT OUT

"Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger?"

Oh my god.

Everyone, just say "I agree" to everything smudger says. At least we can save ourselves some aggro and not come across as "bullies" for not sharing his views.

Arthur, how exactly do you agree with someone who blatently wants the team (he apparently supports) to lose?

"because people like smudger have actually seen them play"

I''m not sure if you''re aware but smudger actually doesn''t attend games or listen in at all. He''ll tell you himself. Its one of his "protests" towards the board to not give them any of his money etc. Its people like me however who DO attend games that are apparently talking out of the wrong orifice.

But then I shouldn''t say (true) things like that about smudger since I''m being a "bully" according to Arthur Whittle.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I have something i want to get off my chest with regards to people bullying on here. Certain people have accused people like myself, smudger etc of bullying Delia smith. I have a question for those who make this accusation. Have you ever booed a player? Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger? Have you ever jeered a manager? Did you join in with the chase or worthy protests? Have you ever slagged off a player or manager on here or anywhere? I doubt there are few that havent done one of the above so i ask you this question. Why is it ok for you to do this yet me and others slaging off the board is bullying? and also- why is it ok to do one of the above but not do the same to darling Delia and co? It seems to me the ones accusing us of bullying are also the same ones who talk to people like smudger in the same manner. In that case you are hypocrites.[/quote]Since Smudger, Cluck came on all they have ever done is treat other supporters with a disgusting

attitude and pathetic childish ridicule, and thats the simple truth. If there was constructive and mature debate and criticism of the board then that is fine, but they behave like 5 years olds half the time. Although now I highly suspect Smudger and Cluck are here soley to wind people up, I very much doubt they have any real belief in the stuff they say, they do it merely for the effect. If they really were as fanatical as they proclaim, why have they not done anything?As for the idea of bullying well I don''t believe any poster here can say they are perfect and have not ever resorted to childish taunts, of course most of us at least try to have sensible discussion such as yourself, I think in the frustration of debate people resort to in. Anyway Arthur I shall take this moment to apoligise for any ridicule I have done towards you.As for the Delia issue, we all have differing opinions on the matter but I simply cannot agree with the ridicule that is put forth to anyone who is not a die-hard "delia out". I think some of the delia bashing has just become very boring and pointless. There''s no constructive arguement in it and 6 months on from when I first asked "What''s the solution?" I''m still yet to hear any sensible or constructive arguement, merely the same "everything NCFC is rubbish". So what do we do? Sack NCFC?Finally we are all technically Hypocrites in some fashion [:P]

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

"Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger?"

Oh my god.

Everyone, just say "I agree" to everything smudger says. At least we can save ourselves some aggro and not come across as "bullies" for not sharing his views.

Arthur, how exactly do you agree with someone who blatently wants the team (he apparently supports) to lose?

[/quote]

So, ganging up and abusing smudger because his opinion is different from yours, and his opinion is bullying Delia, you dont class yourself as a bully? Pathetic.

I''m not sure if you''re aware but smudger actually doesn''t attend games or listen in at all. He''ll tell you himself. Its one of his "protests" towards the board to not give them any of his money etc. Its people like me however who DO attend games that are apparently talking out of the wrong orifice.

But then I shouldn''t say (true) things like that about smudger since I''m being a "bully" according to Arthur Whittle.

[/quote]

Again a silly attempt to twist words. Ganging up on single posters in your eyes isnt bullying, when he moans about the club hes a bully-get your facts right. Its fine to disagree but what im saying is you all hunt smudger "the bully" down in a pack yet dont see this as bullying.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I have something i want to get off my chest with regards to people bullying on here. Certain people have accused people like myself, smudger etc of bullying Delia smith. I have a question for those who make this accusation. Have you ever booed a player? Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger? Have you ever jeered a manager? Did you join in with the chase or worthy protests? Have you ever slagged off a player or manager on here or anywhere? I doubt there are few that havent done one of the above so i ask you this question. Why is it ok for you to do this yet me and others slaging off the board is bullying? and also- why is it ok to do one of the above but not do the same to darling Delia and co? It seems to me the ones accusing us of bullying are also the same ones who talk to people like smudger in the same manner. In that case you are hypocrites.[/quote]

agreed Arthur. I believe its fine to argue your point, but the antis on here are called bullys yet are ganged up on work that one out mate.

Oh my god.

[/quote]

Its not a case of agreeing its a case of blatantly singling him out for abuse i think. Im sure you are twisting arthurs words a bit to suit your own post. The point as i read it was that people feel its fine to gang up in other situations but when it comes to the club they are called binners or bullys.

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I have something i want to get off my chest with regards to people bullying on here. Certain people have accused people like myself, smudger etc of bullying Delia smith. I have a question for those who make this accusation. Have you ever booed a player? Have you ever ganged up on another poster for example you all seem to "bully" smudger? Have you ever jeered a manager? Did you join in with the chase or worthy protests? Have you ever slagged off a player or manager on here or anywhere? I doubt there are few that havent done one of the above so i ask you this question. Why is it ok for you to do this yet me and others slaging off the board is bullying? and also- why is it ok to do one of the above but not do the same to darling Delia and co? It seems to me the ones accusing us of bullying are also the same ones who talk to people like smudger in the same manner. In that case you are hypocrites.[/quote]

Since Smudger, Cluck came on all they have ever done is treat other supporters with a disgusting attitude and pathetic childish ridicule, and thats the simple truth. If there was constructive and mature debate and criticism of the board then that is fine, but they behave like 5 years olds half the time. Although now I highly suspect Smudger and Cluck are here soley to wind people up, I very much doubt they have any real belief in the stuff they say, they do it merely for the effect. If they really were as fanatical as they proclaim, why have they not done anything?

As for the idea of bullying well I don''t believe any poster here can say they are perfect and have not ever resorted to childish taunts, of course most of us at least try to have sensible discussion such as yourself, I think in the frustration of debate people resort to in. Anyway Arthur I shall take this moment to apoligise for any ridicule I have done towards you.

As for the Delia issue, we all have differing opinions on the matter but I simply cannot agree with the ridicule that is put forth to anyone who is not a die-hard "delia out". I think some of the delia bashing has just become very boring and pointless. There''s no constructive arguement in it and 6 months on from when I first asked "What''s the solution?" I''m still yet to hear any sensible or constructive arguement, merely the same "everything NCFC is rubbish". So what do we do? Sack NCFC?

Finally we are all technically Hypocrites in some fashion [:P]
[/quote]

Some good points, and i apologise also. It just seems to me that the word "bully" is banded about lightly to people like smudger yet some of the stick he comes in for is out of line. Does he bring this on himself? Perhaps, but does that not make those just as bad as him then?

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

Again a silly attempt to twist words. Ganging up on single posters in your eyes isnt bullying, when he moans about the club hes a bully-get your facts right. Its fine to disagree but what im saying is you all hunt smudger "the bully" down in a pack yet dont see this as bullying.

[/quote]

But Millo, you are being slightly hypocritical as you have done this yourself in the past.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And what ill also say is in the original post you dont seem to have read the whole thing, only what you want to. I believe people are called bullys on here far to often without any understanding of what it means.What im saying is people might not be bullys but Arthur asks the question giving examples of things you may have done yourself. I think i got the point of the thread.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Millo, you are being slightly hypocritical as you have done this yourself in the past.

[/quote]

Perhaps but i have said sorry to those involved Arthur.

This must be the most rubbish post ever ! ( & believe me there is some dross gets on this board).

Smudger is a big boy who can look after himself, yes he has a view point & it is a free country. But how can you defend someone who WANTS Norwich to be relegated ?????? This is the reason that a lot of people diagree with him (& you). Just because I (& many like me), want Norwich to do well (regardless of who is on the board) it dosen''t mean that we should be subjected to the bile that some people post...................

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I sdmit it....I cannot resist bullying anyone I perceive to be a bully.

Guilty as charged.

[/quote]

so you bully those who bully? What a strange life.

[quote user="dickyst220"]

This must be the most rubbish post ever ! ( & believe me there is some dross gets on this board).

Smudger is a big boy who can look after himself, yes he has a view point & it is a free country. But how can you defend someone who WANTS Norwich to be relegated ?????? This is the reason that a lot of people diagree with him (& you). Just because I (& many like me), want Norwich to do well (regardless of who is on the board) it dosen''t mean that we should be subjected to the bile that some people post...................

[/quote]

Why reply then?

[/quote]

Just because you,me or any other poster on this site may go to matches doesnt automaticly mean we understand and have a better knowledge of the beautiful game does it?

Some people have a go at tv pundits who have had a long and destiguished career.

You all seem to have missed the main point. My opinion is simple. You throw the word bully at certain posters yet i bet at some point you have done one of the following   

1] joined the worthy or chase out protests-bullying!

2] jeered or booed a player-bullying!

3] ganged up on an idividual in some shape or form-bullying!

Yet if you dare to criticise the board you are a bully-strange but true.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

I sdmit it....I cannot resist bullying anyone I perceive to be a bully.

Guilty as charged.

[/quote]

Awwww bless... does it stem from your days at school? yeah? awwww there there its all over now you''ll be fine!!!

Jesus christ will you lot get over yourselves for more than 5 minutes. Its this sort of immature crap thats led to several people not posting on here anymore.

I resent being insulted for sticking by my team despite there being some things about the Club I disagree with.  I''m not 100% behind the board. frankly they''re irrelevant to my unyielding support of NCFC - the Club, the Team, is what I stand by and to be abused for that by people who cannot even bother themselves to pay for a ticket is what gets on my goat.  Sure, we have disagreements about who City is run, but to use that as a stick to beat fellow supporters - indeed, to revel in ''poor'' results and ''bad decisions'' is the work of someone who doesn''t share my passion and therefore deserves no leeway.

Arthur.  This is a message board for Norwich City fans.

So when a poster starts a thread which contains the following quotes.......

''''fans with yella & green goggles welded to your eyes''''

''''this great squad that Granty has assemebled?''''

''''not mediocre.... but that mediocre = plop plop!!!!  Big Smile [:D]''''

........You would expect Norwich City fans to react and they have.

I don''t call that bullying, simply standing up for the club that they believe in. Your views on the board and the team are clear but smudgers post knocks both the team and the fans.

As a fan yourself I have to ask how you feel about that particular post?  Do you agree with it and if not, why don''t you reply to it and say why you don''t agree

Of course, by doing that you would then be branded a bully!!

lappinitup.

My name is Ralph and I am a bully.I first started bullying when I was a young lad. I used to stand in the River End and shout the odd naughty words at the binners and their players.At first I thought I could handle it. But bit by bit I found myself on the floor - laughing my head off.It soon progressed to mocking their silly belief that they are all cockneys and pulling the pee out of their "oooh look at us we are the mighty town" pomposity.But it took it''s toll. I only had to hear Jamie Oliver on the telly and I would be chuckling away reminded of our mockney neighbours, likewise with Fools and Horses (appropriate name). Ralph and Ted (The Fast Show) would again set me off - a Lord Sheepshanks and ''tragic'' Magilton if ever there was a pair.Until recently I had been secretively posting the odd jibe about our ''gawd blimey guv'' cousins not even knowing that this was bullying. I admit that I didn''t know either that replying to closet binners on a City site was bullying. Nor did I know that having a little dig on the sly was still considered bullying.I therefore pledge that I shall not bully binners (closet or not) on this forum again.So help me, gawd blimey kneez arp marver brahn