Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Binners - route one to oblivion...

What I''d be really interested in, is do Ipswich face the prospect of going out of business? They certainly look ripe for a Sheffield Wed plummet down the league after they will be forced to sell off more players this summer when they don''t make it up this season.

They have no assets - they don''t own their ground, they are mortgaged to the hilt (with Norwich Union I believe) - a second bout of administration and the resulting -10pts deduction doesn''t look far away.

I remember Sheeps being on an Anglia documentary re football finance while they were in Prem and making condescending comments about Delia''s catering efforts - we''ll I bet he wishes he had taken our route now. But like all the ''fat cats'' he''ll just walk away when the time comes.... and it doesn''t look like it will be a very long wait.

Oh no - just had a thought - Ken Bates - Nah - he''s far too sensible.... isn''t he?

Anyone know anymore? There certainly isn''t much news coming out of Portaloo Road on this.

I''d hate to see the binners in division 3. no, honestly i would. what i''d dearly love to see, is them relegated next season to division 2, and spending the next 5 years fighting off relagation to the third. then, after a season of promise, and missing out on the play-off''s by 1 point, i''d like to see them drop to the third division. at least they''ll have the chance to win some silverware by going on a cup run - LDV vans trophy.

the difference between david armitage-shanks, and delia, is that delia supports her club. oh, and she''s considerably richer than yeeew are sheepsh*gger.

Another difference could be that Delia has at least some some grasp of football.

Sheepshanks is an ex-public school, rugger playing idiot. I doubt he has ever kicked a football in his life. Ipswich Town was handed over to him as another fiefdom due to his upper class position.

For all his pompous prattle his club is in the position they are because of years of neglect and under investment. Prior to the recent rebuilding poorman rd was an outdated shambles. The youth facilities were woefully inadequate and the backroom staff were hopelessly out of the depth once the club reached the Premiership.

Remember how much they made of the ''kids for a quid'' scheme. Totally oblivious to how most other commercial operations had muliti level pricing. Yes, there was also sneering at the way City were trying to maximise the ground''s facilities seven days a week. Sniggers at our suggestion that customers might wish something more than the jellied eels and dodgy burgers served up at poorman rd.

Move on a year a so and what do we have. Our potless neighbours scrabbling around for anything that will pay the directors fees and stop the administrators coming in. Tacky pop concerts that will see the binners having their pitch wrecked then relaid from some grass grown in the groundsman''s allotment.

Their club has been ran as some smug, self satisfied, semi feudal backward looking old boys club for years. No complaints were heard as it had a fan base who, when not droning on endlessly about their glorious history, were congratualting each other on how they were everyonee''s second favourite club.

The comment about Sheff Wed is spot on. There are numereous ex premiership clubs burdened down with debt who are sinking further and further behind. What is so extraordinary is that given the numerous warnings and statements coming out of poorman rd the binners are still bleating about them not being given their due rewards for being one of britain''s favorites...........blah blah.......glorious history....blah blah ......... two statues ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is not the slightest appreciation from them as to why they cannot sign any loanees of worth, players leave without any transfer fee and none of the out of contract players have been offered a new contract.

If it takes a few years in the lower leagues to knock that pomposity out of them then good. Club''s are only good as their teams. Teams are only as good as their league position shows.

If our neighbours spent less time whining about unfair it all is and more time supporting their club they might well have been joining us back in the Premiership. They might also be joining us in the 21st century as well rather than the wallowing in the 1970''s.

For one City fan, I know I shan''t miss their endless whingeing and whining. Wait till they have Hartlepool away on a bleak November evening then they''ll have something to complain about.

For us Match of the Day on a saturday night here we come !

Interesting and truthful reading MadDan, forthright and to the point. But why Hartlepool? [my original roots]. I would have preferred if you had stated Darlington! "Pools" aren''t doing too bad at this present time and have a good chance of a playoff position. Unlike "Mr King Ted Head''s" statement, "We play the best football, but don''t mention our goals conceded"! quote, unquote.

Yes, I am in total agreement, that our neighbours in Suffolk are indeed in "Dire Straits"! and I feel the majority of the blame and ultimate responsibility, "lies" considerably fair and square on the "Ruddy Faced Rugger Bu**er". What must the local business people have thought of him, after contributing to "their" club just to be palmed off with a miserable, paltry, 5 pence in the £1-00 compensation, is nothing short of disgraceful! Even Chase, had the decorum to "bang out"! when he realised his position was untenable!

We have at NCFC, taken heed of the situation concerning the reasons why "How the mighty have fallen Club''s", are now floundering in shallow water. I think the "binners" are hoping, they are able to do a Leicester, to hopefully win promotion and avoid the inevatible repercussions if they don''t. Either way, a certain "Crimson Craniumed Con-man", will still have food on the table and petrol in his motor. With our Club, it''s excellent team, superb supporter''s and ambitious board of Director''s, the future is bright! the future is Yellow!!! OTBC.....