Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Never mind the b@ll@cks! Heres.......

......Ncfc. Seriously i dont class a draw at Preston as a good result considering what has happened to there club this summer, and according to those who say im incorrect and the club is on the up, its a game we should have won surely? But at the end of the day for a team that was under the cosh for the whole game we didnt lose which is a plus. We also now have the chance of a morale boosting big win against Barnet and then play a Southampton team that got battered yesterday, so that should be a couple of wins under our belts by this time next week, so next sunday things might start to look like they are gelling. By all accounts we lack the creativity of Hucks but IMO you shouldnt have to rely on 1 player thats what a squad is for, perhaps Jimmy Smith will help us out in that department? The defence coped well, but the attack seemed out of sorts. The main thing is a point and a clean sheet. I still expect us to challenge for the play offs if what you all say about our new players is true, but will be dissapointed if we dont show more attacking ideas. It wouldnt be fair to cast judgment on a team untill at least 10 games. But hey its the start of the season so im going to anyway. Solid defence, solid point, lacking ideas a touch but 6 out of 10 for performence.

[quote user="Millo"]Points ok start to the season.[/quote]

Im not saying its great but its not the worst case scenario. We could have been drubbed 4-0 if we hadnt defended all those corners well, so credit to the defence.

I would just say lets not forget that Cureton, Strihavka etc didn''t play full games yesterday so a 0-0 draw away from home with several key players out is a good sign of whats to come, especially once all the best players are back.

However even though the defense did well yesterday we do still need that extra defender (and midfielder possibly) because I don''t think its going to last at the back. I''d even love to see Riordan sign upfront but thats not likely now until january (if at all).