Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

The only way is up!?

Well, well, well, one game into the season and already we have one point more than Smudger expected [:P], a clean sheet away from home [:O] and by all accounts a credible performance from Doherty[:D]. All from a team suffering from a bout of pre-seasoning poisoning.

One game doesn''t make a season but a little support for the optimistic wing of posters and not as apocalyptic and some on here were hoping for.

(Also good game for Etuhu, but right stinkers for Earnshaw & Safri).

The sun is shining as well

OTBC

[quote user="blacko"]Did Safri play badly, I haven''t seen any reports[/quote]probably pulled out for being to tired after his long journey from norwich to southampton!

Well said Big Fish.

Of course, the usual candidates won''t want to hear that, they really needed a landslide defeat of biblical proportions to make their week.

True, PNE had their main strikers out........... but so did we!.

But it was a bloody good point all the same, many teams will go to Preston this season and get tonked, we didn''t!.

[quote user="BigFish"]

Well, well, well, one game into the season and already we have one point more than Smudger expected [:P]

[/quote]

Smudger will always be pointless...... [;)]

But 1st Wiz we have a better squad than last year so we cannot use the "main strikers out" excuse. I was happy with a point but I will not be going overbaord just yet (neither would I had we lost), the first 10-15 games will be a good indication of our progress.