Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Best results of the day?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]And your point is............!!!!!!!!!!?????????????[/quote]

Thats a bit blunt RH! I think Arthur was maybe looking for a discussion around these.....

for me i think the Col U and Scunthorpe ones are the pick of the lot. A great away point for both. I dont know about you lot but i will be laying against Charlton going up, i just cant see them bouncing back!

Oh did anyone see Hoozeys assist for the Leeds winner? Good lad....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Scunthorpe at Charlton

Colchester at Sheff utd

Blackpool at Leicester

P.s. well done to Leeds

[/quote]

I think Norwich did well, reading the match reports.  To face 15 corners or so away and not concede is good in my book and I believe you were worried about shipping goals last season.  Things may have got better.  None of us can say after one game: we''ll have a better idea after a dozen.

I was pleased with Colchester fighting back twice.  We''ve no big stars apart from the old boy with the Bus Pass (who played 90 minutes yesterday) but we are hoping it means the changes haven''t affected the spirit.

Look forward to seeing you at Layer Road.  Should be a good game.

Newly-promoted Blackpool beating Leicester away (Leicester brought how many players in?). Palace thrashing Southampton 4-1 away. It''s only the first game though.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]And your point is............!!!!!!!!!!?????????????[/quote]

It was the 1st day of the season. Why do you even bother?

[/quote]

I think his point is ......I''m "virtual kingpin" around here....so mind what you say........

It''s almost laughable.....Ok then...it''s hilariously laughable....[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]....[:''(]....[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

Yes it was the first day of the season but you deliberately picked out 3 away wins in the championship just to point out to everyone that we weren''t one of the teams who won away.

Apologies if I''m wrong

[quote user="cityangel"]Yes it was the first day of the season but you deliberately picked out 3 away wins in the championship just to point out to everyone that we weren''t one of the teams who won away.

Apologies if I''m wrong

[/quote]

Well only Blackpool won of those three teams - Scunthorpe and Colchester both got draws.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Yes it was the first day of the season but you deliberately picked out 3 away wins in the championship just to point out to everyone that we weren''t one of the teams who won away.

Apologies if I''m wrong

[/quote]2 draws 1 away win

What amazes me is the fact norwich got an away point and theres loads of moaning on here.Imagine what the posts are like on the sheff utd,leicester,charlton,wolves,southampton and wba sites.All these teams are expected to do well but none of them done as well as us did they?

[/quote]

Apologies if I''m wrong

[/quote]

I really feel like im peeing in the wind sometimes. This post is intended to be a football debate but as usual because of my differing views the same paronoid DS lovers are jumping on me as if ive posted a secret code to Smudge and cluck and we are about to plot our plan to get rid o big D. Come on please, if you actually bother to read my threads i think you will find a good lot of them are football related...........See you outside CR in 20 mins smudge...over!!!! LOL 

[quote user="lobster catcher"]What amazes me is the fact norwich got an away point and theres loads of moaning on here.Imagine what the posts are like on the sheff utd,leicester,charlton,wolves,southampton and wba sites.All these teams are expected to do well but none of them done as well as us did they?[/quote]

I guess Norwich is a much bigger club than us but most of our fans were absolutely delighted with the point at Sheffield.  I was not expecting us to come away with anything, truthfully.  We''ve got a rebuilt side and realised it was a very hard start for us with many tipping them to be among the main contenders for promotion.  I was not that hopeful, being honest.

And to come back twice from being a goal down is good, I think.  I realise Colchester''s ambitions are lower than yours.  I think at the moment we are still really concentrating on staying in the Championship League.  That might not seem an awesome ambition but it''s taken us so b****y long to get there (small club, small fan base) that we take it one stage at a time.

I genuinely understand that the Norwich fans, having tasted life in the Premiership (and having beaten Man U 2-0 in the process) want The Good Life again and I very much hope you achieve it.  You have wonderful facilities, massive support, the sort of stuff we can only dream of.  Sheffield have a player whose value probably exceeds our entire team value!

In short, for different reasons, I think we should all be pleased with an away point in the first game.  My fear is that we will come unstuck at home when the pitch gets bigger (sort of joking).  My suggestion that we should make it smaller and slope it (anyone remember the old Yeovil Town pitch?) has regrettably been rejected.

I think you should take comfort from the fact that you faced umpteen corners and did not concede a goal (I don''t like corners, myself) and we should take comfort from the fact that we fought and fought and refused to lie down. 

I don''t know your Manager but ours (Geraint Williams) is hardly famous and as a "steady midfielder" hardly set the world alight during his career but both clubs were up against it yesterday and I think at least offered a decent fighting spirit and emerged with a point. 

I see you have Barnet at home.  We have Shrewsbury away.  Both of them are waiting to trip us up.  I hope they won''t but they might do. 

We had Shrewsbury watched and no doubt you had someone at Barnet.

Personally, I don''t think anyone should bother to moan until about 12 games into the season when we will see how it is shaping up - or not, as the case may be.

I do understand the ambition, however, but a point away from home is still valuable whatever the ambition, I think.  Not as good as 3 pts of course but better than losing.  That point may be very, very valuable come the end of the season.

I would go with Colchester at Sheff Utd and I for one hope it was not just a "first day fluke" and that they stay up. It is a shame that certain posters cannot come out from behind the barricades every now and again because this "siege mentality" is getting a bit tiresome.

agreed with the saints shout no one seen it coming as both squads lost key players

wba one wasnt suprised as squad still blending

norwich good 1pt but deffo wasnt top of the day vs weakened pne up front

good for lower champ sides away

much as you hate to hear this n you wont agree but tractor boys deffo was good result vs a side fancied as dark horses in weds!

leicester bit of suprise although spent a bit...who exactly on? dj campbell n clemence they wont be top 10 side i dont think

watford good result, i mean draw prob fair, but beating my side who didnt excatly play bad confirms watford are on form early, got bit luck on their side, and that theyll be up in the fight for end of season

n well done for leeds quote...b0ll0(ks, i hope leeds stay down n dont even win that rubbish trophey!

result of the days goes to...... PALACE

And that would be Blackpool beating the team many people clucked about because they brought more players in than us?  Get a grip!

Scunthorpe at Charlton

Colchester at Sheff utd

Blackpool at Leicester

P.s. well done to Leeds

[/quote]

The thing about Wednesday is they''ve lost a couple of really good quality players during the summer, and haven''t replaced them. If they don''t sign anyone else, they won''t challenge the top six performing like that.

Fluke for Ipswich or Palace? Who knows - but I suspect both will have lost a few by the time November comes around.

Palace was the result of the day though. 4-1 away from home to a side that reached the playoffs last season. I don''t think Southampton have enough to match last season, but even I wasn;t expecting that.

[/quote]

Apologies if I''m wrong

[/quote]

What the hell are you on about. Sorry if i offend you here, but you seem to take any post and turn it into a negative manner when it comes to poor old Arthur. Can Arthur do anything right in your eyes or will you forever single him out? Perhaps he "deliberatley" picked out the 3 best reuslts of the day? Do you think Norwich drawing away at Preston is better than Blackpool, Scunny or Colchesters results? Why cant we have a positive post from Arthur and be accept it? Since when has a draw been classed as a win? And they say women dont know anything about football........

scunthorpe at charlton is probably the best, also nobody has mentioned coventry 4-1 away at Barnsley.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Apologies if I''m wrong

[/quote]

What the hell are you on about. Sorry if i offend you here, but you seem to take any post and turn it into a negative manner when it comes to poor old Arthur. Can Arthur do anything right in your eyes or will you forever single him out? Perhaps he "deliberatley" picked out the 3 best reuslts of the day? Do you think Norwich drawing away at Preston is better than Blackpool, Scunny or Colchesters results? Why cant we have a positive post from Arthur and be accept it? Since when has a draw been classed as a win? And they say women dont know anything about football........

[/quote]

Sorry City Angel, i see you did apologise. Sorry for the rant.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I would go with Colchester at Sheff Utd and I for one hope it was not just a "first day fluke" and that they stay up. It is a shame that certain posters cannot come out from behind the barricades every now and again because this "siege mentality" is getting a bit tiresome.[/quote]

I hope we stay up as well!  I am quite surprised that some people on your group do not think a point away from home on the first day is a reasonable start.  But you know your team better than I do.

It thrilled me that we came back twice from a goal down but there again we are just trying to stay in the Championship League which it took us rather a long time to achieve.

Please, no comments about sheep.

Up the U''s (spelling?)