Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

premireship

right ive been seeing in diffrent places, that the ''big four'' will be the top 4, that annoyes me, one i think spurs are better than arsenal now, and i think newcastle and man city are now looking very good, i think for once the premireship is a bit more open, the title will be between man,u and chelsea at the end, liverpool may string allong for a while, but what does evryone else think?

I honestly can say that I have very little interest in who wins the Premiership, it''s not a competition for football teams anymore.  I don''t care who wins but it''s between Man U and Chelsea as far as I can see.  Liverpool will not win it, nor will Arsenal and no one outside the 4 has the quality or the quantity to challenge for the title.  Spurs could sneak fourth if they can sort their away form out.

To me the real interest in the league is about whether the promoted teams can stay and who gets the European places from 5th and 6th.

I can''t see Spurs finishing above Arsenal to be honest, they''re too weak defensively. If Eduardo settles quickly and Van Persie plays a whole season I can even see Arsenal challenging for the title.

Liverpool need Torres and Babel to settle quickly if they''re to have any chance. Can''t see it myself though, think they''ll finish 4th but probably do well in the cup competitions.

Man City could well be the surprise packages this season provided their new signings gel quickly, they looked fairly good against West Ham on Saturday. Erikkson is a lot better manager than he''s given credit for and the same people who were gloating about him never having seen any of his new signings play last week may well end up looking pretty stupid.

Newcastle could still do with signing a few more players before they can challenge for a European place, but the arrival of Big Sam should make a big difference.

My predictions for the teams you''ve mentioned :

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3.Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Man City

7. Newcastle

Seems like the big 4 became the big 3..even less interest...

I find it strange all the managers of the top temas always seem to say winning the Premiership is the main aim. The big clubs seem to play each other 3-4 times each season in various competitions, so even the big Premiership fixtures aren''t that special. The Champions League is far more exciting for me, and I would guess the majority of the the big clubs overseas fans? Winning it seems to me to have far more prestige than finishing 1st or 2nd in the Premiership.

Agree the relegation battle is far more interesting, and when a newly promoted team beats one of the top 3 it is always good.

On another note I''d like to see the top Premiership clubs out of one of the cup competitions. Year after year they play youth teams til the final rounds, then put in the first XI so they can say they won some silverware, yet all their fans moan it is "just the league cup" etc. The Premiership is a separate entity right? So why isn''t the league cup for the football league teams? With the playoffs and a cup competition each year to play for it would make for a far more exciting season.

"ive been seeing in diffrent places, that the ''big four'' will be the top 4, that annoyes me"

"the title will be between man,u and chelsea at the end, liverpool may string allong for a while"

Small bit of contradiction there. Also, what is this "Premireship" you speak of?

[quote user="Budger"]

"ive been seeing in diffrent places, that the ''big four'' will be the top 4, that annoyes me"

"the title will be between man,u and chelsea at the end, liverpool may string allong for a while"

Small bit of contradiction there. Also, what is this "Premireship" you speak of?

[/quote]i no but it is a two horse race, they do not include the chances of any other team, its gunna be the big 4, i think that a few teams (not many) can be in the top 4 i really do think that arsenal will be 5th or 6th and liverpool may not be top 4 if they dont concentrate on the league

[quote user="beno27"]Arsenal will win the premiership, mark my words.[/quote]umm they wont, they have promising youth but that is what about 4 or 5 of the team will be, you have gallas and toure, gilberto, helb, rosicky, and the rest are like under 24

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"][quote user="beno27"]Arsenal will win the premiership, mark my words.[/quote]umm they wont, they have promising youth but that is what about 4 or 5 of the team will be, you have gallas and toure, gilberto, helb, rosicky, and the rest are like under 24[/quote]Sounds a bit like a certain time in Manchester Utds history, and its not like Arsene Wenger doesnt get the best out of young players, and its not like the players under 24 dont have experience, a lot of them have played in plenty of matches, like Fabregas for example.

[quote user="beno27"]

Arsenal will win the premiership, mark my words.

[/quote]

Glad I''m not the only one who thinks they''ll do well this season.

Not sure that they will win it, but I think they can push Chelsea and Man Utd fairly close. Can''t see for the life of me why people think that Spurs will finish above them this season. They''re defence is truly awful and it''s not helped by the fact that it is in front of the most overrated keeper in the country.

[quote user="beno27"]

Arsenal will win the premiership, mark my words.

[/quote]

Glad I''m not the only one who thinks they''ll do well this season.

Not sure that they will win it, but I think they can push Chelsea and Man Utd fairly close. Can''t see for the life of me why people think that Spurs will finish above them this season. They''re defence is truly awful and it''s not helped by the fact that it is in front of the most overrated keeper in the country.

The Premiership is about as interesting as watching paint dry while having teeth removed without any anesthetic.  Big money has ruined the Premiership and football in general. The Scottish league is ridiculed for being dominated by Celtic and Rangers. The Premiership is now exactly like the Scottish league.

How much money filters down into the football league from the Premiership, not very much. It is all spent on those wonderful overseas players who do so much of the national game. It has recently been reported that within the next ten years'' the national team with suffer as a direct consequence of the Premiership''s teams'' policy of purchasing overseas players.

On top of everything else the so called football fanatics now buying into the Premiership are no more than asset strippers who will disappear at the drop of a hat if things go wrong. 

It was also recently reported that an ex national manager viewed a property that is under construction and it was reported that prior to his arrival the area was cleared  of all builders by his security so that the ex national manager could view the site.

Who do these people think they are, footballers and managers, they are so far up their own a**** that they almost disappear. 

it was "the premier league" back in 1992 too.. its heading backwards.. it will be Barclay leage division 1 again soon, with the short shorts, Cages and Notts County in the top flight.

jas :)

[quote user="Grumpy "]

It has recently been reported that within the next ten years'' the national team with suffer as a direct consequence of the Premiership''s teams'' policy of purchasing overseas players.

[/quote]

Rubbish. I''d like to know who reported that, my guess is the Daily Mail for what it''s worth!

The English national team has been rubbish for as long as I can remember. We''ve won one major tournament in about fifty five years and that was only with the help of home advantage and some dodgy officials. There have been occasional moments of excitement (Italia 90 and Euro 96) but overall we''ve been crap.

If you don''t believe me take the following test.

You are Sven Goran Erikkson. After several years of managing England, working with and watching the cream of English talent you become manager of Manchester City. Your new chairman gives you a large amount of money to spend on whoever you like. Do you

a) Contact some of the best players who you worked with during your England days and try and persuade them to come and play for your new club. After all they''re some of the best players in the world.

b) Sign some of the squad players from your England days and supplement these with some foreign players to provide the flair. These players will be good enough to get you into the Champions League and then you can sign the stars.

c) Sign all foreign players becuase the majority of English players are overrated, unimaginative dullards who will end up getting you sacked again.

I did agree with a lot of the rest of your post though!

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]but arsenals squad is not very good now, well it can be but there avarage age is probley 20 or sumthing low like tht
[/quote]

Aye, you can''t win anything with kids can you :P

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Grumpy "]

It has recently been reported that within the next ten years'' the national team with suffer as a direct consequence of the Premiership''s teams'' policy of purchasing overseas players.

[/quote]

Rubbish. I''d like to know who reported that, my guess is the Daily Mail for what it''s worth!

The English national team has been rubbish for as long as I can remember. We''ve won one major tournament in about fifty five years and that was only with the help of home advantage and some dodgy officials. There have been occasional moments of excitement (Italia 90 and Euro 96) but overall we''ve been crap.

If you don''t believe me take the following test.

You are Sven Goran Erikkson. After several years of managing England, working with and watching the cream of English talent you become manager of Manchester City. Your new chairman gives you a large amount of money to spend on whoever you like. Do you

a) Contact some of the best players who you worked with during your England days and try and persuade them to come and play for your new club. After all they''re some of the best players in the world.

b) Sign some of the squad players from your England days and supplement these with some foreign players to provide the flair. These players will be good enough to get you into the Champions League and then you can sign the stars.

c) Sign all foreign players becuase the majority of English players are overrated, unimaginative dullards who will end up getting you sacked again.

I did agree with a lot of the rest of your post though!

[/quote]

Have to agree with that Shack.  People can argue all day long that foreign players are ruining English Football but that''s just an excuse.  Before that it was our exile from European Club Football that was to blame.  The simple truth is however that since 1966 England as a footballing nation have done nothing to suggest we are a "World Power" .  We came close in 1990 and the side from 1970 could have won it but there is so much intrinsically wrong with English football.  Blaming foreign players is just a very weak excuse.

We produce very few players with any flair and imagination.  Our game is all about power, pace and stamina and not about technique, ability and creativity.  This is why we latch on to the likes of Rooney and Gascoigne so much because anyone with just a modicum of flair is a novelty for us.  We produce great defenders and hard working midfielders with power etc etc but looking at the England central midfielders there is no variety.  Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves are the main 3 but look beyond them and all we have waiting are the poor man''s version: Barton, Parker, Carrick, Jenas, Nolan and you could go on naming players who work hard, are ok at passing but are unspectacular.  These sort of players are the reason we struggle to beat teams like Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup not because we have too many foreign players.

English football needs a massive shake up at grass roots level for young footballers and the mentality of the way we play needs to change.